“I absolutely love this place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Cincinnati, Ohio
“I absolutely love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Special thanks to the fabulous staff at this beautiful resort, when I return to the Dominican Republic, I do not want to stay ANYWHERE else. I felt sooo spoiled after not going on vacation for more than 12 yrs. This place definitely made up for it with its variety of food, themed festivities, fitness classes, in suite jacuzzi, house keeping of our rooms for the week, cleanliness of the resort in general... I could go on forever and a day.
Our group in general would like to give a special thanks to Bienvenido (Benny) Jeanty, our concierge, for his impeccable service during our stay. His knowledge of english was highly impressive!! It was even more relaxing to have someone always greet you with a warm, welcoming smile & fulfil our requests quickly and efficiently. Muchas Gracias!!!! :)

Room Tip: I do not recommend chosing the hotel suite that is nearest to the ocean. The proximity of the room c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

8,875 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,139)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

One word ... Fantastic . I went with my spouse to our honeymoon and it was one of the cleanest and gorgeous resort I have stayed. Everything was excellent. Will go back soon . Awesome food, beach , pool, restaurants and entertainment staff were nice. Other staff such as customer service were very polite. Overall this resort has it all.

• Stayed November 2012
Bradenton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Book the Elegance Club. The location is worth it for too many reasons to list. My favorite:
1-Maxima & Felix, the bartenders at the terrace bar welcome you & service you directly from their hearts. They treat you immediately like family! "Happy,Happy?" Elegance Club became my second home away from home!
2-Jacuzzi in your room, an absolute dream. James the butler provides bath salts & presents.
3-Adult beach- a dream come true with palapas!
Hints: bring your own shampoo, conditioner & soap (their's does not lather)
Order Grilled Grouper at Seafood Restaurant & Eggplant Parmesan at Italian Restaurant - Crepes at Flavours Buffet, BEST I ever had!
Did not need to pack slacks nor sweaters, Very warm, Summer wear dresses, bathing suits, & sandals. Men need polo, dress shirts, slacks, and shoes for dinner.
Wear Comfortable shoes for walking, the hotel is huge
Small casino has roulette, slots, black jack & 3 card poker
Hard Rock Hotel does not have horse or dog racing (against the law) ($15. cab ride)
Bring extra beach towels and face cloths. If you can, bring your own pillows.
*A guest told us to get a tourist card online next time, so we can save time & jump out of the the massive customs congestion line. We will look into the global entry membership as well to save time in the US.
We liked the convenience of a ground floor room near the Club community lounge,, easy access to the snacks, terrace bar, pool & beach. Overall a clean room, hotel and restaurants. Staff friendly and accommodating.
Amazing vacation for R&R, great drinks, especially *maumajuana" and awesome food choices.
11pm-5am, a fun place to get hamburgers & fries after gambling

North Tonawanda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I just came back from a week at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana Dominican Republic and it was perfect and beautiful. I recommend booking the elegance club package. The entire staff at this hotel went above and beyond. Henry who was with the concierge was amazing, Emmanuel who made sure we had fresh towels for the pools and beach and Maxima and Felix who were the best bartenders ever!!! Also Felix with Olympus Tours was great and helped us go on two amazing excursions. The food was delicious and the beach was clean and beautiful. My favorite part of this resort was the friendly atmosphere. We will definitely be back to visit.

Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

OMG. I just loved this place. It was what I thought it would be and MORE! I was very pleased. I will try to keep this clear and concise and not gush too much.

THE ROOM: My husband and I had an Elegance Club Oceanview suite, which has a very sizeable balcony and exterior Jacuzzi. I really LOVED the architecture of this room. It seemed that several of the Carribean resorts that I've been to had that old world colonial feel in their designs: thatched rooves, hard tile floors, straw mats, big ugly fans, etc. This one was SO different. Very modern decor, marble floors, dark wood furniture, cement columns to accent the walls, contemporary art on the walls, just so much more modern. I'm very big on archhitecture and design, and couldn't have been more pleased. Stand-up shower in the room had great pressure you can choose for the water to come from the overhead spout or a handheld spout. DID have an issue with the indoor jacuzzi, though. We filled it up, all the way, and when we turned on the jets, some brown gunk spewed out of one of the jets. My husband thinks it might have been leaves, but I just think that the previous user had used bubble bath of some sort (which you are not supposed to do in jacuzzis) and the stuff clogged one of the jets and mildewed. It was pretty gross, but not something to freak out over. The other issue was that the standup shower door was made like a real door that just swings shut instead of a sliding door. The door was not quite flush with the floor, so long showers often resulted with some water seeping out into the sink area from under the door. Not a huge deal, but a slipping hazard for sure. Beds comfortable, the pillows were kind of small but they left two extra pillows in the walk-in closet. Oh yeah, there was a walk-in closet too.

THE GROUNDS: Kept very clean, beautiful landscaping, not that much wildlife running around (this was a good thing...at the Occidental Grand Punta Cana, they have huge iguanas roaming around, that's not my cup of tea). Also, not as many bugs as I thought there would be. I brought a small can of OFF bug repellant and didn't even have to open it.

THE BEACH: This was my main point of contention, and it wasn't the resort's fault. The beach was nice enough albeit on the crowded side. The water was nice and warm. My issue was the insane amount of seawed washing up on shore. Ironically, as much as I love beaches, I don't know how to swim, so I don't venture very far from shore. There were tons of seaweed that kept washing on shore, and it felt so gross touching me. Again, I'm pretty sure that this is beyond the resort's control, but I defintely wanted to mention it.
They have a lot of festive activites on the beach, like volleyball and different contests as well. The start a tad bit early in the morning (like 9:30-10 a.m.) with all that, but I wasn't THAT bothered by it.

THE FOOD: I've read other reviews that complain about the food quality, small portions in the specialty restaurants, bugs flying around, etc. Listen. This is a country that cooks things differently than the U.S. If your stomach isn't used to their food, you may have some issues. Handle them. They have to prepare food for thousands of guests and thousands of different palates on a dime, so yes, the portions will be small, the seasoning may not be the way you want, and some of the food is pre-prepared. That's just the way it has to be. It's important for people to realize these things before they start slamming the food. Have reasonable expectations. *SIGH* now that I got that out of the way...I was generally pleased with the food. My husband and I ate at all of the eateries during our stay, and neither of us got sick. The only one that wasn't that great was Il Botaccio (italian). It was edible, but the seasoning was not to my liking. The chicken burger at Asadito (steakhouse) was FANTASTIC. The food at 9 Doors (japanese) was great as well. Their little show at the tepanyaki table was a little cheesy and cliched (tossing rice to people, making the big flame on the grill, etc) but the food was REALLY good. The other eateries and buffets were good. La B del M, the late night greasy food joint was okay, not a huge selectioun, but it's mostly an after-the-club type of spot.

ENTERTAINMENT: This resort has stuff going on everywhere all the time. Games and contests by the different pools and the beach during the day, shows on the outdoor patio thing and also the roofed theater at night. The entertainment team is very hype and do very well at getting the energy of the crowd up. They are funny and fun, and I enjoyed the shows that I got to see.
DISCLAIMER for those traveling with kids-- people bringing their kids can't stay at Majestic Elegance (adults only), they are placed at Majestic colonial. The shows are open to both sections of the resort. These shows mostly cater to the hype party atmosphere. A lot of their games, music, and dance moves are extremely suggestive. Not everyone would be cool with letting their kids see this stuff. So be careful. I personally liked the shows, but I saw some with young kids there and I was like um, what?
They have an on-site club called Coco's. It's okay. The inside looks nice. Oddly enough, a lot of the older people go to this club. That made it kind of weird for me LOL. But nice place, good mix of music, good drinks.

THE DRINKS: LOTS of drinks, INFINITE availability. Bars all over. I'm not much of an alcohol drinker, so I can't accurately speak on the quality of the drinks. They tasted pretty good to me! Rooms come stocked with 4 different kinds, plus champagne, and mixed drinks at the bar. The Toucan is good if you like really sweet, fruity drinks. The chocolate martini is also good. The Majestic signature drink is also very good, has a kind of sherbet-y taste to it. I'm sure they offer many more, but those were the ones I tried.

THE STAFF: I am the worst at remembering names, but on the whole, all the staff was very polite and accomodating. Our server at the Asadito steakhouse was the only one that had a bad attitude, but we just brushed him off. Our butler Julio, was very nice, social and personable. As he was responsible for servicing several other clients, we did not expect him to be literally at our every beck and call. We were too busy enjoying the resort to search him out and find random stuff for him to do. We ran into him a couple of times and he made us reservations at the restaurants, which was nice. I liked him, he was a cool guy.

MISCELLANEOUS: The elegance club lounges are very nice and comfortable, with snacks and bottled water and sodas. The fridges that they keep the drinks in could stand to be a little colder, though. Also, wifi should be available in the rooms instead of just the lounges. Rooms are equipped with ethernet jacks but no wifi, and the lounges close at midnight I think.
Do NOT go to the flea market (just outside the resort gate)! Very high pressure, harassing environment! They hound you incessantly to get you to buy their goods, when they all basically sell the same stuff. Did NOT enjoy this!

Despite the minor issues, I LOVED THIS PLACE AND WOULD DEFINTELY GO BACK!!!

Room Tip: You might want to shy away from the swim-up rooms. We did not have that, but they are very exposed t...
mx3man123
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the Elegance from November 2nd to November 9th 2012.

This is our fourth time to Punta Cana and first time at this resort. We stayed at the Majestic Colonial, the sister resort, 3 1/2 years earlier and quite enjoyed it.

We landed at 10:30am and the airport was quiet, no other planes there. We were second off the plane so we got through immigration in record time, we retrieved our luggage with the help of a Airport worker with a cart. Tip: Wave someone over to help with luggage because when a worker has your luggage you skip any baggage screening on the way out of the airport, you bypass it altogether.

We had hired Dominican Airport Transfers for a private vehicle, this is our third time using them and they are great. Our driver was waiting for us and had a brand new van with ice cold A/C. We left the airport at 11:00am, 30 minutes after we landed. We got to our resort at 11:30am.

We were brought to the front desk and they realized we were going to stay at the Elegance Club they brought us to a very cold separate room for a private check in. No welcome drink though which was a little disappointing. We were told our room would be ready in an hour which was understandable since we arrived so early. We sat at the lobby bar and drank a few majestics(signature drink) and before we knew it an hour had passed.

We went back to the cold room and there we met our butler Carlos. I told Carlos I had read reviews about him on trip advisor so he has a lot to live up too. He brought us to a room near the lobby which was a part of the Elegance Club. Initially we liked it. Then I realized this isn't the category room we requested. Our room we reserved had an outdoor jacuzzi and this one didn't and it didn't have a second bathroom like we should have got. Not too mention when you go out on the patio the pool bar was literally right there and there would be no sun where we were because of the shape of that building. I went back to the lobby and told them we got the wrong room. Carlos was there and he said he would come move us in a few minutes so we went back and packed up what we unpacked and Carlos brought us to a room right down by the beach that is what we requested. Large suite with a second bathroom, indoor and outdoor jacuzzi with a huge patio, your own Bali bed, bistro set and outdoor couch. We were very happy with this room. Bed very comfortable. Our room was 2152.

We were close to the Elegance Club lobby in our section and this is a big plus. There is a large fridge in this lobby with pop and water. They had coffee and snacks all day, they had champagne and rum as well and computers with free internet. Our room had wired internet so I brought my own router which I highly suggest so our ipad, macbook pro and iphone could all get online.

You fill our a survey and hand it in to the lobby and it asks when you want your room cleaned. What kind of beverages you want in your fridge and if your there for a special occasion. We chose early morning for room cleaning but it was never cleaned until the afternoon. We asked for beer in the fridge and thats what we got and the special occasion was a 2 week late birthday for myself and Carlos brought me a birthday cake which was a very nice gesture.
People complain that their butler disappears after you get to your room. That couldn't be farther from the truth in our experience. Carlos was always around checking up making sure you had everything you needed. We asked for an extension cord so that I could have the ipad docking station outside playing music as there was no outside outlets. He got us one. We asked for more pillows because the pillows there do suck and are small so he brought us 2 memory foam pillows that were a life saver. He would call our room asking if we needed anything as well. Maybe because we tipped him $20 on day one plus another $10 the same day when he moved us or maybe he is just a good butler. He even made sure he was in the lobby when we were leaving to say goodbye.

The resort is starting to look a little dated I must admit. It is 4 years old and I did see maintenance guys constantly painting and fixing things up but they might need more people to do this. We had some mold on the ceiling above the bed and the fabric on the lamp was was stained because the medal frame rusted on the lamp. The pool has missing tiles but not sure how they could fix it without emptying the entire pool which I don't think would be feasible with the amount of people always at this resort.

We can't complain about the food. We ate at the See and Sea restaurant the first night and the wife and I both got the lobster, I liked it she didn't. We are from Canada so we are used to Atlantic Lobster which definitely tastes different then warm water lobster. We also ate at 9 doors and sat at the Teppanyaki table. The show was good as was the food. We ate at the steak restaurant which I really enjoyed but my wife didn't care for the steak. The French Gourmet was amazing! I had the beef tenderloin and it was so good I asked for another one which was promptly brought to me, best restaurant in my books.
You need reservations at 9 doors and the french gourmet but thats it. As being a part of the elegance club that meant we could also eat at the Italian for breakfast and lunch where non elegance club members couldn't. We had lunch and dinner there and both times it was quite good.
We also ate at Flavours Buffet and we really enjoyed this meal, huge selection of food and very tasty.

The staff here are amazing people, always willing to go above and beyond to help out. Our towel boy's name was Emmanuelle. He was the most pleasant staff we ever came across. Spoke very good English. He came from Haiti and his Girlfriend is still there, only sees her once every three months. He works 11 days in a row then gets 3 off. He had his three day off while we were there and when he came back we asked what he did on his days off and he told us he was taking a computer course. Hard working young man and a definite asset to this resort. The towel guys get a bad rap, we watched throughout the day what they do and they are constantly handing out clean towels then putting all used towels into a huge bag, uses a cart and hauls off the towels somewhere so he is gone for about 5 minutes and then comes back with new towels. If the towel guy isn't there come back in 5 minutes, he will be there for sure.

There was also a waiter at the See and Sea lunch buffet that also worked at the steakhouse at night, names escapes me but I have included a picture of him. Amazing waiter! My wife likes cherries in her drinks and the See and Sea restaurant didn't have cherries but this man would take off for a few minutes, find cherries and made sure all my wife's drinks had cherries in them. The whole crew that worked at the steakhouse restaurant were amazing, they never stopped hustling the entire time, puts Canada's service industry employees to shame. We never ran into any staff that wasn't ready to helpout with anything.

A suggestion I have for the resort is in the morning there are a lot of people in the lobby going out on tours and whatnot but no where in the lobby can you grab any water. My wife found someone at downstairs lobby that did get us water but that should be available first thing for people to take with them on their excursions.

The lobby really needs free wifi, very strange that it doesn't. Also the bar fridge could have been colder but we find this wherever we go. Also people complain about the musty smell of the room. Simple fix, bring a damp rid with you, sucks up all the moisture.

Tip these people! So many times at the ala carte restaurants we saw people eat then get up and leave and wouldn't leave any money, I couldn't believe it. Yes it's all inclusive but these people bust their butts serving you and you don't get this kind of service anywhere else. We would tip $5 for lunch $10 for supper and $1 for every round of drinks. If you can afford to stay here you can afford to tip.

Room Tip: Get Swim up suite in the Elegance Club section.
Essex, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The room with the swim up pool was great! The beaches, bars, food and drinks were great. I WISH I was still there! We went down with three other couples and we could do things together or on our own. We went snorkling an kayaking and had a great time. The beach was wonderful and the pools were even better. The only negative thing I would say is that the casino was small.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!