“Did not live up to expectations - does not deserve the 4-half rating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Did not live up to expectations - does not deserve the 4-half rating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This resort is “Average” – not as luxurious as some other 4½ star rated resorts . The Elegance Club was, without a doubt, the better deal – the Wait/Service Staff (Raphael, Sandra, Nelson, Julio) and Entertainment Staff (Jackson, Mini Me, Chocolate, Coffee and MC “Hand Clappy”) were EXCEPTIONAL – they are the saving grace of the resort.
FOOD: was mediocre but you do not go hungry.
ROOM: the bath towels were hard/rough but fresh ones were provided every day; there is a dampness to the bedding if the a/c is left off (never had that experience before in any other tropical resort) and it did not seem that you could control the a/c setting either; the pillows were very small but they did the job; the bed was a bit hard and the sheets and pillowcases need to be totally replaced, they were dingy, and the blanket too thin and small - it barely covered the bed; at the end of our 8 day stay, there did begin to have a sewer smell to the room – it seemed to be coming from the Jacuzzi tub. Also...our room overlooked construction and the workers could see right into our room. We were not informed of the construction.
BEACH TOWELS: We got beach towels just fine. Towel Attendant Emmanuel was very pleasant.
BEACH AND BEACH CHAIRS: We always got chairs and the beach itself was beautiful..!!!

Overall, we did have a good time but this hotel does not deserve the 4 ½ star rating.

Room Tip: Stay in the Elegance Club rather than the regular side
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,860)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Second time at ME, and was nervous that things wouldn't be as great as It was the first time. Ha! I love them! Lots of new faces, Blue being one of them, and their energy was as good as the familiar faces. Cesar still holds down the pool bar, remembering faces and drinks- greeting you with a smile and your drink when he sees you. Muah!! Love you! Ms Coffee (jasmine)- amazing engaging energy. My only sad moment was when i realized Jeffery wasnt there any longer. :/ But like i said, the new group didnt let me down. Nothing is overbearing. Relaxation is everywhere. But if you're one to need activity, they have you covered. Contests- dancing, mixology, fitness, volleyball- whatever. Lounge is on point every night, and the day staff joins to get the party started. Late night food options, nightly shows, casinos, in site markets, excursions, amazing spa, gym is awesome and they have daily classes for those interested. Been twice- and sent a friend there
To get married. I'll be back.... Next year! See you soon ME! Don't forget me!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went down for my sisters wedding.
Beautiful resort, amazing beach - although there was seaweed on the sand and in the water
Roberto the lobby bartender is a great fellow! Ask for his specials and tip generously!

• Stayed November 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I visited in the first week of Nov and had such a great time there. The resort is very beautiful! The pool is humungous. there are plenty of bars to get your drink on and 6 restaurants to eat at. Food was good, the Majestic drink tastes like a creamsicle, plenty of room to sun bathe or jump in the pool, or in the ocean, soft white sand Too much to mention! The wedding was very nice. and the Reception was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bucyrus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I researched all exclusives for months prior to booking the Majestic Elegance. I read so many reviews and was sold! The bad reviews, well lets say everybody is entitled to their opinion, but my wife and I though the place was top notch! We are not the 5 star type anyway, we just want our money's worth, and believe me we got it. The room was very good, I could spend ten minutes talking about the flaws, but who cares!!! We were more than comfortable! The only thing I have bad to say about the resort is that some of the areas had a musty and mildew smell. But that was very minor to me and my wife. The staff at the Majestic Elegance was 5 stars!!!!! Had no issues at all, even with a moderate language barrier. The food was ok, but we were never hungry. I must say the Mozart Jackson and the Funjestic Team was the best! They were so much fun. We would recommend this resort to our friends!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the beach those seemed to be the best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kulpmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Resort was beautiful and the service was superb. The staff was very receptive to our needs, especially bartender Cesar Miguel at the pool bar. Super nice and made the best margueritas at the resort. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We went Oct 22-Nov 1 with another couple that went with us last year. We stayed in the Club section. We had a good time but we were disappointed this year mainly by the food but there were alot of small things that added up to be frustrating. I will go through and list the good with the bad.
Good
The beach is terrific and there were always seats available any time of the day. The maid service was good, we always got our towels and face clothes and the bed was made. The sheets were not always changed but we don't change them everyday at home either. Air conditioner worked well in our room. The pools were nice and they have added rails on the steps since last year.

Fair
We filled out the sheet when we arrived as to what we would like in the fridge. Did not make the slightest bit of difference. We got the standard 2 beers, 2 Pepsi, 2 Pepsi lite, and 2 orange. The pillows were small but we had five of them but the pillow cases looked as tho that are never changed. The bedspread was filthy but we just took it off and left it off the whole trip.

Bad
The worst thing about this trip was the food. Compared to last year at the same resort, the quality has gone way down. We ate at the Japanese 9 Doors and the food was just plain salty, no taste just salt. The steak house was a joke. The four of us went one night and two of us ordered rib eye steaks, one sirloin strip, and one fillet. They delivered one rib eye, two burgers, and one other we could not identify.
We ate at the Italian for breakfast one morning. We both ordered Eggs Benedict and what we got were two hard boiled eggs cut open and put on a small piece of Italian bread drizzled with butter. Really? The buffet was OK to find something to eat if you were not fussy but most of the food out was of very low quality. The other really bad thing is the guy cutting up the duck was using the same knife to carve the duck and what I think was roast beef. He just wiped the knife with a paper towel when switching between the two. The only exception to the buffet was the breakfast buffet. It was really good with all the fresh fruits, breads, and egg station.

Another thing that really bothered us was the butler. When we went to the room, neither of our rooms had a bottle of rum. Not a big deal but the butler Sammy said he would fix it right away. Guess what, we never saw him again, and this was the second time we had him. Last year and this year.

Our safe stopped working on night three. I called and asked someone to come take a look at it. They said they would send someone up but it may be a while because it was raining. Two and a half hours later I called again and they showed up within a half hour. They pushed a couple of numbers and then told me to try it. It worked once and once only. I just used our friends safe next door for the remainder of the trip. It was not worth wasting more time waiting for someone to come.

We were drinking Absolute Vodka from the beach bar where Felix was. He ran out and said in one hour he would have more. No problem, except when we went back an hour and a half later, he looked at his wrist and said thirty five more minutes. He did not have a watch on. He thought he was funny. No one else thought so. If you run out of something and are not going to get any more, just say so.

Towards the end of our trip we saw a young man who we had met last year and is now a butler so we asked him if he could get us the rum. He said no problem and then gave me a business card asking me to right a god review on Trip Advisor. The next two days, I collected three more business cards all asking the exact same thing. These cards are obviously supplied by the resort. I think this is a very poor practice. I would have mentioned a couple of people for their service until they gave me "their card".

All in all we had a pleasant trip because we just spent most of our time on the beautiful beach, but I don't think I will return again. There are alot of other resorts to try.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!