“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #14 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Mississauga, Ontario
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Went down for my sisters wedding.
Beautiful resort, amazing beach - although there was seaweed on the sand and in the water
Roberto the lobby bartender is a great fellow! Ask for his specials and tip generously!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,619)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I visited in the first week of Nov and had such a great time there. The resort is very beautiful! The pool is humungous. there are plenty of bars to get your drink on and 6 restaurants to eat at. Food was good, the Majestic drink tastes like a creamsicle, plenty of room to sun bathe or jump in the pool, or in the ocean, soft white sand Too much to mention! The wedding was very nice. and the Reception was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bucyrus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I researched all exclusives for months prior to booking the Majestic Elegance. I read so many reviews and was sold! The bad reviews, well lets say everybody is entitled to their opinion, but my wife and I though the place was top notch! We are not the 5 star type anyway, we just want our money's worth, and believe me we got it. The room was very good, I could spend ten minutes talking about the flaws, but who cares!!! We were more than comfortable! The only thing I have bad to say about the resort is that some of the areas had a musty and mildew smell. But that was very minor to me and my wife. The staff at the Majestic Elegance was 5 stars!!!!! Had no issues at all, even with a moderate language barrier. The food was ok, but we were never hungry. I must say the Mozart Jackson and the Funjestic Team was the best! They were so much fun. We would recommend this resort to our friends!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the beach those seemed to be the best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kulpmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Resort was beautiful and the service was superb. The staff was very receptive to our needs, especially bartender Cesar Miguel at the pool bar. Super nice and made the best margueritas at the resort. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We went Oct 22-Nov 1 with another couple that went with us last year. We stayed in the Club section. We had a good time but we were disappointed this year mainly by the food but there were alot of small things that added up to be frustrating. I will go through and list the good with the bad.
Good
The beach is terrific and there were always seats available any time of the day. The maid service was good, we always got our towels and face clothes and the bed was made. The sheets were not always changed but we don't change them everyday at home either. Air conditioner worked well in our room. The pools were nice and they have added rails on the steps since last year.

Fair
We filled out the sheet when we arrived as to what we would like in the fridge. Did not make the slightest bit of difference. We got the standard 2 beers, 2 Pepsi, 2 Pepsi lite, and 2 orange. The pillows were small but we had five of them but the pillow cases looked as tho that are never changed. The bedspread was filthy but we just took it off and left it off the whole trip.

Bad
The worst thing about this trip was the food. Compared to last year at the same resort, the quality has gone way down. We ate at the Japanese 9 Doors and the food was just plain salty, no taste just salt. The steak house was a joke. The four of us went one night and two of us ordered rib eye steaks, one sirloin strip, and one fillet. They delivered one rib eye, two burgers, and one other we could not identify.
We ate at the Italian for breakfast one morning. We both ordered Eggs Benedict and what we got were two hard boiled eggs cut open and put on a small piece of Italian bread drizzled with butter. Really? The buffet was OK to find something to eat if you were not fussy but most of the food out was of very low quality. The other really bad thing is the guy cutting up the duck was using the same knife to carve the duck and what I think was roast beef. He just wiped the knife with a paper towel when switching between the two. The only exception to the buffet was the breakfast buffet. It was really good with all the fresh fruits, breads, and egg station.

Another thing that really bothered us was the butler. When we went to the room, neither of our rooms had a bottle of rum. Not a big deal but the butler Sammy said he would fix it right away. Guess what, we never saw him again, and this was the second time we had him. Last year and this year.

Our safe stopped working on night three. I called and asked someone to come take a look at it. They said they would send someone up but it may be a while because it was raining. Two and a half hours later I called again and they showed up within a half hour. They pushed a couple of numbers and then told me to try it. It worked once and once only. I just used our friends safe next door for the remainder of the trip. It was not worth wasting more time waiting for someone to come.

We were drinking Absolute Vodka from the beach bar where Felix was. He ran out and said in one hour he would have more. No problem, except when we went back an hour and a half later, he looked at his wrist and said thirty five more minutes. He did not have a watch on. He thought he was funny. No one else thought so. If you run out of something and are not going to get any more, just say so.

Towards the end of our trip we saw a young man who we had met last year and is now a butler so we asked him if he could get us the rum. He said no problem and then gave me a business card asking me to right a god review on Trip Advisor. The next two days, I collected three more business cards all asking the exact same thing. These cards are obviously supplied by the resort. I think this is a very poor practice. I would have mentioned a couple of people for their service until they gave me "their card".

All in all we had a pleasant trip because we just spent most of our time on the beautiful beach, but I don't think I will return again. There are alot of other resorts to try.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently met with 21 classmates at this all inclusive resort and had a fabulous vacation. The rooms were beautiful with a nice balcony and in room jacuzzi. Yes, the pillows could be of better quality but were lots of them. We had wash cloths for a few days and then they disappeared? But that's very minor. I was pleasantly surprised to find four or more bottles of alcohol in our room even though I didn't use them because wine and drinks were abundant everywhere we went. Also pleased with the abundance of bottled water. That was a concern of mine before arriving. For the most part the the food was great.
All of the staff were amazing, always had a smile and always friendly. I have a favorite though and have to mention Mozart Jackson. He was so much fun from the water aerobics to entertaining at night. He even sang with us during karaoke because we dragged him up on stage. Also have to mention Mr Blue, Coffee girl and chocolate girl. Loved them.
The Resort is Beautiful. Many pools, canopied beds and lots of chairs.
The Beach area also spectacular.
Would highly recommend this resort and also go back.

Room Tip: Request the room with inside and outside jacuzzi. Luxurious! But at least request a room 2nd floor o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend we are both 22 years old we stayed in the majestic elegance from November 4-11th. We stayed in the elegance club section which is way better then staying in the regular section. If you want an adult only pool area three elegance club lounges that offer snacks unlimted drinks (champange,rum,sodas,water) the club is very worth it. And the club also has a small private beach area. The club also offers butler service. My butlers name was ralphiel he was great. Always said hello to me and my girlfriend anytime he saw us always making sure things were going good. My birthday was November 9
He made sure to make reservations for the French restaurant and even informed them it was my birthday to sing happy birthday and also give me a huge birthday cake. The food was good and great depending how picky you are. I'm not picky so I enjoyed all the restaurants. My favorite was the Italian.

And the towel issue is not even close to an issue I saw reviews on this site and the people leaving these reviews were at the resort the same days as me. I did not have a problem at all with the towels. I think people are lazy and don't want to walk to the other two towel carts. So I promise if you go to this resort with an open mind and happy to be away from the real world you will love every minute.

Here's a couple drinks I recommend to order. Dominican love, Tocann,their signature drink the majestic and if you get a mojito go to the lobby bar they make it the best.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!