We went to this resort for our honeymoon based on the several great reviews that it received. The service and accomodations literally caused me to get ill and leave early.
1 AIR CONDITIONING NEVER WORKED PROPERLY
2 DVD player needed to be replaced (didn't work) and wires hung out of the wall afterward
3 SERVICE throughout the resort was extremely lacking.
Examples: CONCIERGE DESK being impolite and not saying please and thank you, being very unhelpful with making reservations, rolling their eyes when we asked for something, we were directed to incorrect places on the resort for towels, etc; BUFFET STAFF having to continually be reminded of our drink orders...and in some cases, not bringing them at all; ROOM SERVICE taking forever and not getting our order to us correctly; Insufficient EXPLANATION of resort functions upon arrival; RETAIL SHOP STAFF was horribly unfriendly-making us not want to buy a thing; BARTENDERS seemingly unhappy which made them completely unfriendly; FORM allowing us to have service (room cleaned, hot tub filled/set up, fresh towels) to the room was filled out by us, but NEVER carried out by the staff...we were sent a letter claiming that the day we requested to have our hot tub set up was unavailable because of special events on Tuesdays (of which we were unaware) and that it would be done that same evening but it never was
4 PEE on the TOILET seat upon arrival to room.
5 TOILET SEAT broken.
6 SHOWER CEILING falling down and in a general state of disrepair.
7 GENERAL UPKEEP of the resort was mediocre at best.
Examples: RUSTED signage; DIRTY walls; DIRTY pools; PUBLIC RESTROOMS unkempt.
8 "Elegance" Club which boasted 'privacy' and other things 'exclusive' was in NO WAY private or exclusive since MOST guests had similar or identical accommodations.
9 ROOM KEY hardly ever worked.
10 BEES that were stinging people at pool bars.
11 Never heard from our 'PRIVATE BUTLER' after we were shown to our room, which was part of the additional fees that were paid
12 TINY INSECTS all over sink area.
13 BEDDING SMELL was awful.
14 on the occasion that the room was actually clean, we were given one robe and one bath towel for 2 people
15 Staff at the checkout desk was extremely rude even after we explained to them that we were leaving because we were dissatisfied and I was ill. They also failed to explain how the taxis worked
Would never return to this resort!
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Elegance Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Elegance Punta Cana Hotel
- Majestic Elegance Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Majestic Elegance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening in October 2008, the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana is the answer to fulfill the needs of a clientele, which is becoming more demanding of a high-end menu of facilities and services. This spectacular 5 star all inclusive resort is surrounded by the most astonishing landscapes, exuberant flora and fauna, making it an ideal place for Caribbean lovers and first timers visiting the Dominican Republic. In two words “comfort and style”, is the best definition to describe the New Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Majestic Elegance Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.