“We had stayed at the Majestic next door twiceand decided to give the newer one a try. We loved it and will go back again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Elegance Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Elegance Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Majestic Street | Arena Gorda a Macao, Punta Cana 3005, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Even thoughit is all-inclusive, we always tip a few dollars and find that we get much better service. The staff looks for you the next meal or wherever you are and go out of their way to wait on you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

9,388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,329)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Excellent entertainment,good shows, we stayed room 2422 thanks to Gloria, super great person,Nicole,Aneudy,Yelitza,all the bars services and as always keep being number one in the caribbean as a services.
thankssss youuu

VernonCT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This resort by far is one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen. The rooms are over the top elegant, the grounds are well manicured and very clean, the pool water is clear as well as very clean as well. We watched the pool staff cleaning each square tile every morning. We stayed in the elegance club section for adults only and had a junior suite, our concierge, Aimee, was terrific and helped us with all the little details, from dinner reservations, special pillows, extra alcohol, as well as provided a wealth of knowledge about the resort, its amenities, etc. Having the extra elegance club feature was well worth the additional cost. Private check in, private concierge area with 24/7 food and beverage, free internet access, and vip only areas made you feel very special. Make sure you utilize the free internet access to confirm your flight, print your boarding passes, and pay for your checked bags prior to going to the airport. This saved us significant time at the airport, we avoided an hour of standing in a very very hot airport line to check in, this in itself was worth the extra for elegance club. If you don't have elegance, make sure you find a way to print those boarding passes ahead of time.
As far as the food, Hibachi and Italian were our two top favorites, the buffet (believe it or not) and the steak restaurant tied for 2nd, we left the french restaurant after tasting the first bites of our dinner (typically something we would never do) so would not recommend. As far as the casino, small and a great way to lose your money fast. We ended up taking a cab for $12 one night down to the Hard Rock, real casino and seemed to being paying out better. All in all, we had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back again!!

Room Tip: Let them know you will wait for a better room
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at the Majestic Elegance. It was a wonderful 7 days! Our room was beautiful and extremely clean and the service was excellent. My only suggestion - bring your own beach towel(s) as the demand often seemed much greater than the supply. My only complaint - the room service was very slow at times, but the food was good. Other than that, it was a wonderful vacation!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011 via mobile

After reading several reviews on various hotels, I had decided to go with Majestic Elegance because it seemed to get the most positive reviews. It most certainly did not fail! Everything from check-in to check-out was beyond excellent. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you are have everything you need.
vacation!

• Stayed June 2011
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

First, just want to see the Majestic Elegance Club is a beautiful resort. When we first landed in the airport everything went very smoothly. Booked our trip with my Continental Travel Agent and their shuttle bus was waiting for us. Once we got to the resort they hand your their drink called the "Majestic" which was quite tasty and a wet towel. A very nice touch. Then a butler comes and gets you so you don't have to check-in at the lobby. This took sometime but they bring you to the Club where you could have a snack while waiting to get your rooms. I was traveling with my sister and my nieces and had requested with my travel agent and she had informed them that we wanted our rooms together. When Edward, the butler came with our room keys we found out that we were on different floors. I told him that we wanted our rooms near each other and he was able to change our rooms so that we were next to each other. Apparently, the second room was cleaned in a hurry so it wasn't cleaned 100%. We tried calling the desk to have the cleaning lady come back to clean the room and had a difficult time doing that. They finally came when we tried to reach Edward to tell him our problem. The food I thought was good, I have stayed in Punta Cana at a different resort and found it to be comparable. The Steak House was the best of the restaurants. It was our last meal there and we should have eaten there earlier in the week because we enjoyed it so much and would have went back. All of the waiters, bartenders and animation staff were excellent. We would always give them a tip (many people didn't) but they work so hard to serve you. The Animation Staff was so funny (Julio, Funny Boy, Chocolate and Coffee) and tried to make sure everyone has a good time. I was glad I had read previous letters because I did remember to bring my own washcloths because they do not give them to you and only two towels (they could use new ones too) per room. Since I have long hair I always use two towels after I shower, one for my hair and one to dry off with. So they could give a few extra towels. We ordered room service before dinner, usually coffee and a snack, but the last night for some reason they would not deliver it. Could not get a clear explanation from the Management staff. They are not the friendliest people. Same thing, the last night we tried to hand in our beach towels and they give you cards in return for the beach towels that you need to check-out with. Loren, from the Club House would not take our towels, saying they ran out of the cards and wanted us to bring the towels the next morning when we had to check out. As I tried to explain to her we were checking out early I wouldn't have had time to drag wet towels back to the club. Finally, I convinced her to put it into the computer that I returned the towels. She wasn't very nice at all. Finally, our last morning we went to have a quick breakfast at the buffett and had scheduled our bags to be picked up. As we went back to our room, we couldn't open the door. The baggage handler who was very nice, tried with his key and he couldn't open it either. This was very stressful because I knew our shuttle bus would be waiting to take us to the airport. I went to the lobby and they had to have a handyman come to get the door open which took about 15 - 20 minutes. The woman I spoke with at the lobby was not very nice either, with no apologies. One of the baggage men came up to me and told me not to worry and explained my situation to the bus driver as he was already there waiting for us. Overall, I would go back to the Majestic Elegance because we did have a nice time except for those few mishaps. I do think that the Management Staff should though take some lessons from the Wait Staff because they need some lessons how to treat people a little more friendlier.
P.S. We did have rain every day which I didn't realize that June was their rainy season as I have been to Punta Cana previously in June and we only had some quick showers. I think when it does rain in the afternnon and early evening before the shows they should have more activities in the main lobby to entertain people, games, dancing lessons, etc.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Salem, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

This was our first all inclusive resort experience, so this review is a little hard to write; however, we have been on plenty of cruises and can compare the overall experience to that. We stayed in the "Elegance Club" which was Adults Only. Very relaxing, no kids running around when you're trying to relax on the beach/at the pool...very clean and overall good customer service.

Our only complaints were that the food was just okay. Although, from talking to other people, it sounds like "okay" food is par for the course for most all inclusives. I'm also a picky eater, so that didn't help. The best dining experience we had there was the Japanese resteraunt, which is very difficult to get a reservation to. As far as the other resteraunts were concernred, the meat was tough and the portions were small. At the buffet, the food was heavy and most was coated with oil and butter. Shows were okay. Mostly "local talent" and nothing to brag about.

We probably wouldn't go back, but we still had a fabulous honeymoon. Perhaps next time, we'll try an all inclusive in Mexico...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Elegance Punta Cana? Share your experiences!