“Paradise Found” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sanctuary Cap Cana

You added Sanctuary Cap Cana to your Saves list
Sanctuary Cap Cana
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Zona hotelera, Playa Juanillo, Punta Cana 0809, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #25 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Mamaroneck, New York
“Paradise Found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I just got back from an amazing weeklong vacation at the Secrets Sanctuary with my family (6 of us) for my dad's birthday. It has been a long time since we all have gone away together so it was so important for us to have an unforgetable trip with incredible service - we were not disappointed.

The first day there were some delays in getting our three rooms at check-in. Frustrated and tired, I feared that this was the beginning of bad vacation (some of the reviews were getting myself as well as the rest of my family worried). My fears were quickly put at ease when we met Perla and Anna, the concierge of the Castle. They promised that they would make sure we would be enjoying our vacation in no time - And we were! The rooms were spacious and gorgeous. We stayed in the Castle Junior Suite Ocean Front Rooms.The view was absolutely breathaking and such a great location - right next to the spa and Wok restaurant as well as a short walk away from the pool and the main grounds of the hotel. Highly recommended spot in the resort to stay!

The grounds are stunning and the pool is so inviting - the cool water was so refreshing. Great way to cool off from the carribean heat. Everything you see on the website (from the rooms to the food) is exactly as it seems- absolute paradise! How can you not be relaxed here?!

The incredible service and warmth didn't stop with Perla and Anna. Everyone from Willy Wonka, Alex and Miami help to keep the fun going all vacation long. My husband loved the organized activities and wished there was more - especially the watersport activities by the beach, there wasn't much variety.

The staff goes out of there way to get to know the guests - everyone there knew who we were and knew we were there celebrating my Dad's birthday (as well as my sister's who had her birthday during the trip)!

Coming from New York, I had high expectations for the food and I was so impressed by what I ate throughout my stay (which was alot)! My favorite restaurants by far was The Steakhouse and Capriccio. Highly recommend is the Parmesean pudding from Capriccio and the Filet from The Steakhouse - so tender and juicy, I felt as if I was eating at a steakhouse in New York City! The grill during lunch is fantastic too - get the chicken bruger! Thanks to the Executive Chef, Pasquale for such amazing meals and stopping by our last meal to have a chat and make sure we were enjoying his creations in the kitchen.

Besides adding more water activities, my other suggestion would be to make the dinner menu at the Blue Marlin more different than the lunch menu. Also, the casino seemed like a waste of space - no one was ever in there. It would be of much more use if it was a lounge, maybe even a space for the shows?

I want to thank the staff for making this an incredible family vacation - as beautiful as the the resort is (and it is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL), my experience would not have been the same if it wasnt for the people who worked there. From Perla and Anna to the managment team, like Marco, who went out of their way during the course of our stay to make sure everything was EXCELLENTE. I do not know many places where there would be so much care and attention given to every single guest to make sure they were having a great time. It did not go unnoticed to us.

Before my I left for this vacation, I was very wary of going to an all inclusive as my experience in going to them (although there hasn't been many), have never met my expectations. I couldn't be have been happier with the decison we made to come here and I cannot wait to go back again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
MarcoPena, Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent post on trip advisor, we are glad that you and your family had a great time at our resort.

Miami, Perla, Amna, Willy Wonka, Pascal, Alex and the entire staff send their regards and are hoping for your prompt return.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with future guest.

mapena@secretsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Czech first
new city, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

My recent vacation at Secrets Sanctuary in Punta Cana is exactly what I hoped for. For my husband's birthday, my grown children and I planned this amazing trip. We wanted a special place with a non-commercial feel. This was it. The magnificent property with lush shrubs and views of the ocean from our rooms in the castle were breathtaking. I always saw the staff keeping the premises clean and fresh. The personal touches the staff created for our family made our stay perfection. Perla, our concierge should be commended for her ability and effectiveness in making our trip wonderful. Marco (manager) made certain as well that we were pleased, and spent some time getting to know us. He truly cares about his guests.

The main pool area was so laid back and beautiful - the pool/beach staff were always pleasant and could not do enough to keep us happy.
I also must add how the weather was radiant each and every day … sunny in the 80's. (this is different from some of the weather sites which said rain possible every day)

We indulged at the spa for some soothing pampering, and it would be helpful in the future if English was understood a bit more by the spa staff. Other than that, our treatments were excellente!

As far as the food, and the selection of restaurants, our entire group of 6 were satisfied with the quality and variety and excellence of service. The Italian restaurant was my favorite.

The resort never seemed crowded and I would definitely return!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
MarcoPena, Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this review, January 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from warm and sunny Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana!!!

Nice review and certainly appreciated by the staff and management of the hotel.

We are a group of professionals dedicated to providing exceptional service, your review is encouragement and it tells the staff and I that we are headed in the right direction.

It was a pleasure meeting you and we are very proud that you enjoyed your stay and the we met your expectations.

We all are hoping for your prompt return.

Rooms Divsion Manager
Dix Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

The trip from JFK was seemlessly direct flight and easy only 15 drive to hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted with gorgeous drink, attentive staff and a gorgeous setting. Our accomodations were simply wonderful on a secluded beach. The staff from House Keeping to the front desk did everything to make our vacation excellent! The people there are so sweet and special we felt completely cared for. The food was good compared to other all inclusives the Steak restaurant being our favorite.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

The Front Office and Housekeeping staff were very pleased with your comments this morning as we shared this wounderful review with them in our daily staff meeting.

It was our pleasure having you at our resort and we would care for you over and over. We look forward to your prompt return.

Once again, thank you for selecting Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana as your vacation destination.

westerville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

I stayed at Secrets for my nephew's wedding during January of this year. Although I've been busy with work since my return, I just couldn't let another day go by without letting everyone know how incredible my experience was at Secrets. In my opinion, Secrets had it all from the caring staff, to the breath-taking view, to the food and entertainment, right down to the beautifully designed contemporary rooms. The staff was always there to care for my needs and it was so refreshing experiencing the warm friendly culture at Cap Cana. Since Secrets Sanctuary is for adults only, it was easy to kick back and enjoy my time with my family while taking in the gorgeous ocean view (and sipping a Blue Sky drink, of course)!!! In addition, I really appreciated the wide variety of delicious food that was offered at the restaurants . . . Seafood, Japanese Steakhouse Food ( very entertaining), Italian Cuisine, and an amazing buffet featuring some Dominican Republic dishes. I'm a picky eater and I loved loved loved the food!!! Finally, the rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated with a contemporary look and my room had an enormous patio that looked out onto the ocean. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating, they stocked our refrigerator each day and turned down our beds at night. The staff did an exceptional job tending to my every need without me asking them. The staff also did an awesome job providing live entertainment each night. One night they had a magician who performed amazing illusion tricks and of course there is always music and dancing at the Love Bar. My nephew has already said that they would love to go back to Secrets Sanctuary for their first anniversary and I would love to go back too. It's the type of place that you just never forget about and want to keep going back. Thank you Secrets for an incredible experience!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort, I agree with you the Steakhouse and Japanese are incredible.

Our Executive Chef, Mr.Pascal Messier has dedicated many hours to enusre high quality standards in our restaurants and he and his staff have done an EXCELLENT job.

Also the wait staff from the Steakhouse were very excited this morning because they have been mentioned in a few reviews lately and when we shared this review with them they became very HAPPY.

Once again, thank you for your posting, we hope that you return soon.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

My family of 6 just returned yesterday from staying at this impressive all-inclusive resort! I am not one to go home and immediately and write a review on a hotel, but I felt it was necessary!

My family is from New York and has high expectations for accommodations and food at resorts. We wanted an all-inclusive resort where we can just relax and not do too much thinking! I was very worried before we arrived at the resort because of the very mixed reviews on this website. Let me just say that all those negative reviews are so wrong this hotel is beyond perfection for an all-inclusive resort!

The resort grounds are amazing every picture you see is exactly what this place looks like. It is truly Paradise! We got there and things were a bit off with check in. Our rooms weren’t ready due to being understaffed that day. Perla and Anna were so helpful though with making sure our rooms got ready so we could enjoy our first evening at the resort. Both Perla and Anna are key employees at this resort; they went out of their way to make sure our stay at Secrets was special.

We all stayed in an Ocean Front room in the Castle, which was breathtaking! The bed was so comfortable and the room was a great size. We did not have a bug problem in our room! If anything we saw a couple of mosquitoes in our room, but that was probably our fault for opening up the door to our balcony! People need to realize you are in the Caribbean; there will be bugs---but its nothing out of the ordinary!

I have stayed at other all-inclusive resorts in the past and the food here stands out. The quality and presentation of the food is very impressive, but you have to remember you’re at an all-inclusive resort. If you go here with high end New York restaurant expectations you will not be getting that same quality of food. I feel this food is the best for an all-inclusive resort. The steakhouse and Italian were my favorite restaurants. The Parmesan Pudding at the Italian restaurant is a must try! Pascal the head chef was so thoughtful and even gave us the recipe to attempt to make at home!

My one thing I would suggest is that the hotel creates an area where they can have the shows. I felt there wasn’t enough room in the love bar for everyone to watch the shows at night. It got way to crowded and not everyone could enjoy your great shows. The casino also was a waste too, it was always empty!

This resort is filled with such a special staff. Everywhere you went the staff greeted you with a smile. Miami and Willy Wonka are such genuine people. They go out of their way to make your trip fun and special. They are so personal and really get to know all the guests! The pool waiters and bar tenders were so attentive, they even serve you food when you are at the beach and pool!

The management team especially Marco run this resort very well, and try to make everyone’s stay as special as they can. My family can’t wait to return to this resort soon and make it a family tradition!

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure catering to you and your family and we are pleased that we met all of your expectations.

Our apologies for the confusion upon arrival and on behalf of the entire staff we are very thankful that you choose our resort as your vacation destination.

Also, our entertainment manager Gabino Mosquea AKA (BAMBINO) has been exploring other options to provide our nightly entertainment. We thank you for sharing this concern with us as it helps us improve and better our resort.

Once again, thank you for choosing Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana, we look forward to your return visit.

mauritius
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

In order to escape from the cold European winter we usually take a month vacation during the Christmas/New year period to a warmer climate.This time we chose Secrets Sanctuary where we stayed from Dec 21 st until Jan. 18th 2011.We did not regret our decision at all. To the contrary, from the first minute to the very last we very much enjoyed the time we stayed there.The architecture of the resort is amazing with the Fortaleza (Fortress) part and the Spanish colonial style part. The rooms are spacious with walk-in closet and very large bathroom. All rooms have internet connection. We had a Beachfront junior suite which was very conveniently located.The maid-service was outstanding with daily change of bedlinen en towels. The gardens of the resort are beautiful and very well maintained by the "Picky Plants" brigade. Thre are several swimming pools with most activity taking place round the large pool with the Poolbar. The relative small resort beach has plenty comfortable loungechairs with matrasses. The adjacent Juanillo beach is very quiet and ideal for a long beach walk.The bartenders of the Poolbar are very friendly and so are the pool- and beachattendants. Without exception they are all very service-minded and very dedicated to their job.
The adults only Secrets Sanctuary has an "all-inclusive" formula and that really means all-inclusive! There are five different restaurants. With the exception of Casa Bella (breakfast and lunch buffet) they all have a-la-carte service. Food in all restaurants was of high standard with a great variety of different dishes and the service in all of them was superb.
We went several times to the WOK with its Asian cuisine but we also frequented the Blue Marlin (mainly fish in a unique maritime ambiance),the Steakhouse (very good filet mignon) and the Italian restaurant Capriccio with its Mediterranean specialities.
The animation team is very active for the various daily activities but they never push you to participate. They also are in charge for the evening entertainment. We attended to some of the shows which were of good quality.
Summarizing: we had a marvellous four weeks holiday and can highly recommend Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana to anyone who wants to spend some time in this impeccable resort.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting and trusting us with your marvellous four weeks of vacation. Our entire staff is dedicated to exceeding or meeting guest expectations.

We are very happy that you enjoyed our resort and thankful for the great review on trip advisor.

The food and beverage staff are very pleased that you enjoyed your dining experiences.

We hope that you make plans to return soon or when you have another four weeks that your first choice shall be the Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana.

Thank you, we look forward to seeing you soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

I was recently at the resort for my cousins wedding and enjoyed every minute. The resort was gorgeous and the perfect setting for a destination wedding. The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I look forward to my next visit!

Can't wait to go back?

We cant wait to have you once again, thank you for sharing your comments on trip advisor.

We appreciate your review, we are also very pleased that your wedding party shared a positive experience at our resort.

Thank you, we look forward to your prompt return.

mapena@secretsresorts.com

Been to Sanctuary Cap Cana? Share your experiences!