I just got back from an amazing weeklong vacation at the Secrets Sanctuary with my family (6 of us) for my dad's birthday. It has been a long time since we all have gone away together so it was so important for us to have an unforgetable trip with incredible service - we were not disappointed.
The first day there were some delays in getting our three rooms at check-in. Frustrated and tired, I feared that this was the beginning of bad vacation (some of the reviews were getting myself as well as the rest of my family worried). My fears were quickly put at ease when we met Perla and Anna, the concierge of the Castle. They promised that they would make sure we would be enjoying our vacation in no time - And we were! The rooms were spacious and gorgeous. We stayed in the Castle Junior Suite Ocean Front Rooms.The view was absolutely breathaking and such a great location - right next to the spa and Wok restaurant as well as a short walk away from the pool and the main grounds of the hotel. Highly recommended spot in the resort to stay!
The grounds are stunning and the pool is so inviting - the cool water was so refreshing. Great way to cool off from the carribean heat. Everything you see on the website (from the rooms to the food) is exactly as it seems- absolute paradise! How can you not be relaxed here?!
The incredible service and warmth didn't stop with Perla and Anna. Everyone from Willy Wonka, Alex and Miami help to keep the fun going all vacation long. My husband loved the organized activities and wished there was more - especially the watersport activities by the beach, there wasn't much variety.
The staff goes out of there way to get to know the guests - everyone there knew who we were and knew we were there celebrating my Dad's birthday (as well as my sister's who had her birthday during the trip)!
Coming from New York, I had high expectations for the food and I was so impressed by what I ate throughout my stay (which was alot)! My favorite restaurants by far was The Steakhouse and Capriccio. Highly recommend is the Parmesean pudding from Capriccio and the Filet from The Steakhouse - so tender and juicy, I felt as if I was eating at a steakhouse in New York City! The grill during lunch is fantastic too - get the chicken bruger! Thanks to the Executive Chef, Pasquale for such amazing meals and stopping by our last meal to have a chat and make sure we were enjoying his creations in the kitchen.
Besides adding more water activities, my other suggestion would be to make the dinner menu at the Blue Marlin more different than the lunch menu. Also, the casino seemed like a waste of space - no one was ever in there. It would be of much more use if it was a lounge, maybe even a space for the shows?
I want to thank the staff for making this an incredible family vacation - as beautiful as the the resort is (and it is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL), my experience would not have been the same if it wasnt for the people who worked there. From Perla and Anna to the managment team, like Marco, who went out of their way during the course of our stay to make sure everything was EXCELLENTE. I do not know many places where there would be so much care and attention given to every single guest to make sure they were having a great time. It did not go unnoticed to us.
Before my I left for this vacation, I was very wary of going to an all inclusive as my experience in going to them (although there hasn't been many), have never met my expectations. I couldn't be have been happier with the decison we made to come here and I cannot wait to go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort