“Good enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sanctuary Cap Cana

You added Sanctuary Cap Cana to your Saves list
Sanctuary Cap Cana
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Zona hotelera, Playa Juanillo, Punta Cana 0809, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #20 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Orlando, Florida
“Good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The resort is very pretty, looks like a Spanish colonial style with a great beach front property. The staff was very warm and welcoming, and the drinks were fantastic, specially the coco loco. Definitely had top shelf brands as Grey goose aNd crwon. The hotel hosted a white party on the beach, which was definitely very fun, and our best night at the resort. The cons however, the food was very poor. They had a lot of selection, but bad quality- bread was hard, entres would be served lukewarm or cold, etc.the food was bad overall. The rooms were comfortable, but the water didn't get very hot. The location is also far removed, and there was not much to do around, so i felt i didn't get to experience the culture. I doubt I will ever be back, but it was good to check it out.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Czech first
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Excellent service (5 stars). The entire staff treated us like royalty (i.e., pampering and top-notched service that goes beyond the call of duty). The food was out of this world with great variety. This place is perfect for honeymooners and couples who want to have a romantic, peaceful, and spectacular experience. The staff was always attentive, happy, and with a desire to serve. In particular, the following servers were amazing: Robert, Grillis, Margarita and Ramon. The cleaning lady (Nancy Malone) was also outstanding. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because of AC problems.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Kawana P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear ArisS,
Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Sanctuary Cap Cana on TripAdvisor and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
I am very pleased to acknowledge that the excellent service provided by our staff members made you feel at home as it is our passion at the Sanctuary Cap Cana. I will congratulate all those staff whom you named in the review. Likewise, I extend my apologies for the inconveniences related to your air conditioning.
We will be honored to welcome you back again.
With regards,
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Let me be honest and short in comments.

1. when check-in, my room wasn't ready even if I arrived at the resort after 4 PM. I've waited more than an hour to get the room.

2. bathroom sink was clogged so I had to call to fix it and it wasn't fixed even after 2 hours. so I had to call again to fix it. Cleaning staff speaks very little English. I had to call to front desk if I needed anything.

3. there's no beach towels around the pool or beach area. you need to get them early in the morning like 8 am. otherwise you will not have any towels through out the day.

4. so many flies around food. I lost all my appetite and only ate the food that are covered.

5. all furniture are worn out. I can't believe that it's a luxury resort.

6. don't even think about getting the food service at the pool or on the beach. you rarely see the staff going around to get an order.

7. not enough number of beach chairs. good luck finding one that are in good condition.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kawana P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us online.
It’s regrettable to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here at Sanctuary Cap Cana last August.
The experience that you have shared is far below what we would hope our guests to expect.
We genuinely apologize for falling short of your expectations. Since then, we have made several Management changes and an extensive rooms and areas renovations.
We appreciate your opinion, in effort; we are working to correct and improve every aspect of the resort.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future to show you our improvement since the last time you visited us last year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What can I say... I booked this trip unsure of what to expect. But when we arrived I was overcome by the beauty of the grounds, the friendly staff and the view from our room. After 2 years of grad school celebrating it here relaxing, drinking, eating made this experience perfect. If I had any criticism, it would be missing a hot tub! We also had a slight issue when it rained and a leaky ceiling in the steak restaurant. But, breakfast in bed with chilled champagne made up for that. Eddie was the best!! His smile was so pleasant. I highly recommend this resort. Rosario supplied us with all the mamajuana shots we needed. I thank you for this wonderful experience... The ladies will be back.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Kawana P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear TamaraC,
Thank you for taking part of your valuable time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and for choosing Sanctuary Cap Cana for your holidays.
I want to express how glad I am to acknowledge the way you highlighted out the beauty of our grounds, our exquisite gastronomy and the excellent service provided by Eddy and Rosario at our bars and restaurants. I am glad that their service with the rest of the team made you feel at home as it is our passion at Sanctuary Cap Cana. Likewise, I extend my apologies for the inconveniences related to our Steak House. We will be working soon in the issue.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again.
With regards,
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My daughters and I just returned from Sanctuary Cap Cana. We were looking for a pretty beach, good food, and nice accommodations for soaking up the sun and relaxing. Sanctuary Cap Cana was just that! We chose the all inclusive package which was a first for us. We enjoyed the steak house and the Italian restaurants the most and after dinner drinks at the LOVE bar. We also enjoyed having breakfast brought to us thru room service, which was included as well! We started out in a beach front villa but upgraded after 3 nights to a villa on the ocean with our own sun deck and pool! That made it really easy to relax as all we had to do was walk out the door and we were in our own little private paradise. Our fridge was stocked daily with bottled water and Presidente beer too! We got dressed at night to go and eat but just hung out during the day at our place. I want to also say how much we enjoyed our Dominican friends/family…there are too many to mention all, but I want to thank them for making the trip one that we will remember for a lifetime!! Thanks so much, keep on smiling and having fun! It was truly "our pleasure" to have spent a week with you... Junior, Woody, Edward, Edgar, Dennis, Ramon, Ellio, Jaslieries, and all the others!! xoxo Lisa, Lindsay, and Hannah West

Room Tip: we would suggest room #1006 or one with its own infinity pool. The villas near the castle were nice...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Kawana P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear LisaW,
Thank you for having chosen Sanctuary Cap Cana for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor travelers.
I am very happy to acknowledge that you and your daughters felt at home due to the beauty of our Monarch Villa at the Villa Collection, the friendliness of our staff and the variety of our gastronomy. I am sure that our team (especially those whom you named in the review) will be glad and motivating with your lines and will bring more passion to their work as it is out goal at Sanctuary Cap Cana.
We are looking forward to welcome you back.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was my first trip to Punta Cana, and I must say that I was pleased well beyond my expectations. My two girlfriends and I arrived to a welcoming staff and complimentary champagne. Check-in was a breeze, and after dropping off our bags we headed straight for the pool with the swim up bar. The drinks were amazing, and the bar staff was enthusiastic.

Upon arrival to our room, I do agree that there was a musty smell, however not unbearable. The bathroom was clean, and the linen was changed daily, which is to be expected. Room service was phenomenal, and bought us champagne upon request. I mean it's a girls trip - we have to have champagne right?? We typically contacted room service for breakfast, as late nights, make late mornings. The French toast was exceptional, along with the array of fruit. Although the breakfast menu is not extensive, it definitely will satisfy all dietary needs.

During our stay we dined at the Blue Marlin, the steakhouse, and Wok - unfortunately we were unable to dine at the Italian restaurant, however we heard great things about the food. While dining at the steakhouse we met Eddy our waiter who was a doll. Great staff can make or break a vacation, and he was not only enthusiastic, but also engaging. While at Blue Marlin, our waiter Rosario, was also outstanding. He invited us to Wok, where we were initially under the impression that reservations were required, however he explained that outside seating was open to all guests.

One of the most helpful points of our stay was the access to the taxi service when venturing off of the resort. Upon request the taxi service stayed with us for the duration of our time off of the resort - which I must say was not an easy feat, as we saw the sun come up more than once. The prices were reasonable for the time we utilized the service.

The beach did have quite a bit of seaweed, however the hotel staff made all efforts to remove as much as possible. A friend that lives about 30 minutes out from the resort explained that beaches close to his home were also overwhelmed by seaweed, and it is common on the island. While this made the beach a little less desirable, the pools made up for the water fun we sought. One of the only bummers during the trip was the hot tub was actually a cold tub. When asked about the change in temperature we were notified that this was only possible for rooms that had personal hot tubs.

Altogether, Sanctuary was amazing - I would definitely return!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear tllee24,
Thank you for your publication on Tripadvisor and for choosing Sanctuary Cap Cana for your family holidays.
I am very delightful to read how you highlighted out the friendliness of our staff (especially from Rosario and Eddy who will be congratulated) as well as the beauty of our premises and the variety of our gastronomy that made your stay unforgettable. At Sanctuary Cap Cana our goal is to make our valuable customers feel at home. Likewise, we welcome your feedback related to the hot tub and the smell at your room. We are working with a new system to minimize the odor despite the humidity in the Island is very high especially in Punta Cana area.
We will be happy to welcome you back.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My wife and I have travelled all over the world. While we don't typically stay at all-inclusive resorts, the service at this resort, and the resort itself, has likely spoiled us. It's hard to imagine a resort providing a better all-around experience than this one. Whether at the beach, the pool, or even just walking around, the service was top-notch and the employees really made us feel that they wanted us to have the best time. They also put together an impressive activity list, ranging from water aerobics to Spanish lessons to bike tours, and their fun through these activities was infectious. The food was great and the property was easily navigable. This is definitely a place to stay for a few days of ultimate relaxation.

Dear EricSeidman,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your experience at Sanctuary Cap Cana.
I feel much honored to read that our friendly staff and their excellent service, the beauty of our grounds as well as our varied gastronomy exceeded your expectations based on your multiple travels worldwide. Our passion at Sanctuary Cap Cana is to provide the best experience to our beloved guests.
We are waiting for your next visit.
Kindest regards,

Been to Sanctuary Cap Cana? Share your experiences!