“The Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sanctuary Cap Cana

Save Saved
You added Sanctuary Cap Cana to your Saves list
Sanctuary Cap Cana
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Zona hotelera, Playa Juanillo, Punta Cana 0809, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #21 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I do not think you can find a more peaceful place in the Dominican Republic. The staff was extremely polite, fun and they always remembered your name. Crazy Guy at the pool was the Best! Junior served food and drinks at the pool and always greeted us with a song - "I can see it in your eyes, it is me you are looking for." Max at the front desk was also special
Food was very good at all the restaurants, and the breeze at the Blue Marlin over the sea was always so refreshing. Rooms were clean and even the least expensive one was a suite.
I highly recommend this resort if you wish a relaxing time, not crowded with loud music, and children.

Room Tip: all are great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ignacio P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Sanctuary Cap Cana.

I am delighted to hear about your recent experience at Sanctuary, as well I would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to write your impressions.

Exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude; therefore I am proud to hear that our staff went above and beyond in their effort to fulfill all your needs.

Thank you for the great review and for recommending our hotel to future travelers.

We look forward to your next visit.

1,895 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Czech first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The best luxury property in Punta Cana/Cape Cana by far! This is my second review of this property and the place just keeps getting better. It is an amazingly beautiful property with superior staff, great facilities and awesome food. This is my 3rd trip to the D.R. this year so this review is based on more than one visit and one resort. I have a feel for the resorts that are offered in the Dominican Republic.

The food is awesome…! I don't know how they deliver 5 star food and impeccable service for such reasonable prices. Either chose one of the elegant, romantic restaurants, buffets or utilize the 24 hour room service...it's all good, all included! As I've stated before, I'm not normally a fan of "all exclusive’s" but the Sanctuary is truly my exception. This majestic and extremely beautiful resort always delivers. And, the place continues to improve. I don't shop for a resort in the D.R. anymore, I just book The Sanctuary.

If you are a member of a "diverse community," be assured you are just another respected guest at The Sanctuary.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Sanctuary Cap Cana

I would like to thank you for being assiduous guests and for selecting us one more time as the perfect place to host your Holidays.

I feel greatly proud with the fact that during your several stays at Sanctuary we have fulfilled your expectations and created beautiful memories.

It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back, and you can be sure that we will never cease in our efforts to constantly improve the quality of services provided.

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My gf and I were down for a short 3 night stay. It was so awesome, had a monarch villa on the south side with a back deck opening to a beach. I saw 4 people on that beach over 4 days. Incredible sunrises, the villa was nice. Comfy bed and decent living room and bath. The water in the shower was never hot enough for me, but oh well.
Casa Bella was the go-to place for meals including a breakfast, a Dominican night and a couple times to their buffet. The steak place nailed it. Not a steak guy, but it was delicious. The blue marlin on the ocean is very nice too.
The staff is friendly, I spent $80 on a couple necklaces for the kids and $40 on a couple Cuban cigars and that was it besides the tipping I like to do ($5/meal approx.)
The pools were nice, not crowded, but not empty either, perfect relaxing adult vaca. There were a couple children but barely any.
The facilities are beautiful, it is so picturesque, I took a hundred pics on my phone and camera and video camera. My best vaca in a long time.

Room Tip: The monarch villa doesn't have an outdoor hottub or pool, but otherwise is perfect. The royalty...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My daughter and I took a trip here as a getaway after she graduated college. We were both looking for total relaxation, quiet with beautiful surroundings where we could get first class service and quality food, drink and ameneties, we found it all here at Sanctuary.
Staff are the most polite and caring people I have ever experienced, shout out to Junior, an absolute sweetheart who mixed p delicious drinks every day and brought them to us on the beach.
This is the place you go to when you want to do nothing but relax, breath, take in the gorgeous surroundings and enjoy great service, lovely rooms and pools around very corner. There is always room around the pool, on the beach, which is a small private beach and tons of towels, no silly bracelet required and no bracelet at all like at most resorts. This one has class.
Night life is limited, don't go here if you are looking to party. Most visitors are couples of all ages, its not geared towards families with young kids, its for your honeymoon, anniversary, or a girl trip or a mother/daughter bonding trip.
You will love the main pool, the steak house, the premium drinks, the quiet, the staff, the place and grounds, I would definitely recommend this, so long as night life is not that important to you.

Room Tip: Lots of room choice, the castle rooms are nice, make sure you lock the balcony door if you are on th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Sanctuary Cap Cana.

We look forward to your next visit.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed here quite a few times, and I have never been disappointed! Great service and very helpful! and everyone is so friendly. There is wonderful restaurants & perfect views! also very family friendly

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for extending us your kind compliments about our property. It is a pleasure to know all your expectations were exceeded. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your all the times you have stayed at Sanctuary.

We look forward to see you soon at our Sanctuary!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My closest friend and I picked Sanctuary Capcana from a deal in Orbitz. We went in May 2013, and stayed for approximately 4 days/3 nights. The resort is heavenly beautiful just as the pictures are portrayed. It is quiet and peaceful. If you need a place to get away for some r & r (rest and relaxation), this is the place! The resort is huge, and very scenic. Their infinity pool was my favorite place to relax for hours, which was empty and I was able to chill. I personally experienced a severe episode of motion sickness / vertigo and was ill as soon as I got to the island. I arrived to the resort and they called me for the Dr on site. She took care of me, the staff at the front were so respectful and helped me go to both the clinic and the room. The Dr. with concerned urged me to go to the hospital (due to my low heart rate) which I kindly denied since this happened before. She genuinely cared and was concerned and was respectful when I declined. Her English was perfect and was so personable. How amazing! The concierge - Katerina, was such an angel. She followed up with me after I returned to my room and throughout my entire stay. She was so personable, and an absolute pleasure to have met. She made me laugh and made me feel so secure, comfortable and safe. What an amazing group of angels this resort staffs. I could not have asked for better people to be around. I felt as though they were all guardian angels. Everyone in the resort knew my friend and I and always asked how I was feeling. Not once did we run into a staff in the resort without an inviting greeting and a smile.

We ordered room service every morning. The serving portions were inconsistent as we ordered the same things, but they were still great! Presentation was awesome. Fruits were fresh. If I wanted more, they were so delightful to send more food (cereal)!

The rooms were HUGE and roomy, very clean, the bed was very very comfortable, the weather was perfect! This resort is SUPER PRIVATE. You feel like a celebrity!

We also met an amazing taxi cab driver named Sadie. If you ever go, please request him! He was the only one who was able to speak English, and he was able to show us around Bavaro. He didn't charge as much as the other cab drivers either when we requested to go to Bavaro beach and the nightlife. He was too an angel, who took care of us and was our chauffeur! Sad we met him the night before our last day!

I would recommend this place if you are going to just relax. It is a little distant from Punta Cana - Bavaro area where all the malls, nightlife is (about 30 min taxi ride). The beach is small too, but private and very safe! But again, I would go back here if I returned to Punta Cana ! Thank you Sanctuary Cap Cana for an amazing memorable experience! I could have tears if I think about the amount of service and genuine care I received from your staff. I will forever cherish all that your resort has given me and I pray that your company continues to keep the same values and morals! Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are so thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our facilities, your room, the food and the service. At Sanctuary Cap Cana it is our pleasure to service our guest with the finest hospitality. Our main goal is to transform the holidays of our guests in memorable moments and we are very happy to read that we accomplish that goal with you.

We hope you will visit us again at this, your Sancturary.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Was a very nice stay back in August. Got upgraded to the honey moon suite since our room was already booked, seems to be common there. If we went again, would only stay in the upscale suites or honeymoon suites since this is the best way to stay on the resort. Beach is not to fabulous but again, if you get the suites it will definitely make up for it. Menor is the best, full of energy and hysterical! Ask for him when you go!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

We feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by our staff. We have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, is for this motive that our team is always ready to go the extra mile; and it becomes a reward for us every time we read the wonderful reviews and mentions of our guests. I will share your feedback with the Menor.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at this, your Sanctuary.

Ignacio Perez

Been to Sanctuary Cap Cana? Share your experiences!