The grounds of the resort were absolutely beautiful with great pools and plenty of chairs for all of the guests. However, we did have a few concerns that had the potential to ruin our stay. I should mention that we are not new to the all inclusive vacation, nor were we new to the Caribbean. First, we purchased the all inclusive package. Upon arrival, we were told what was NOT included in our all-inclusive package. They explained some food (lobster, steak) as well as liquor with dinner and bottle service would not be included. I didn't expect bottle service to be included, however, my gripe is that NO WHERE on the website (Expedia or Sanctuary) did it state that all-inclusive wasn't truly all-inclusive. That is unacceptable and a misrepresentation of what we bought. Second, in our previous all-inclusive we were not expected to tip at every turn and all inclusive meant that we could lock away our wallets and just enjoy ourselves. At this resort, the staff had their hand out every where we looked. It was frustrating and distasteful having spent a large amount of money on the all-inclusive package. Third, this resort offers and all-inclusive option and a non-inclusive option. This means that an all-inclusive individual still has to sign for every single thing they eat or drink, and, surprise! a space for a tip. Finally, the staff were often rude and unhelpful. Perhaps this is a cultural difference. Cultural or not, however, we won't be going back to the Dominican.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.