This is a beautiful resort and is really laid out very well. Our room was lovely. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom spacious and laid out well. The beach is very nice and you can take a walk for about 3/4 of a mile. They have many pools so that is great if you dont want alot of kids. however, the jacuzzi at the pools and the spa are not warm. They need to heat them. Also, they did not play music at the pool which was great. Hate that piped in music. The resort is quite isolated. There is no where to walk to or any small town or village, so either you have to have a car or find another way. The spa is quite nice and the women there lovely. There is one shop on the premises that sells clothes and though they are a bit pricey there is a very interesting selection and they will negotiate. The food was good not great. Need more variety. The staff is very nice but not many speak english and though they are willing to help, they need to learn more about true customer service. Internet connection was very spotty. some days OK, others horrible--both in the room and the lobby. the entertainment director was a young man who goes by Teddy Bear and he is quite good. There are fun shows in the bar and fun karoke. we were there for a conference and the conference space was very nice. Overall, i would recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort