My husband and I went to Secrets Cap Cana the last week of april. We have been to 6 other resorts in the Dominican so we have something to compare this resort to.
The resort itself is gorgeous. You really need to walk the full property. The grounds are kept up very well with lots of flowers, bushes, tree's and stone. It is by far the nicest place we have been to any where.
We stayed in an ocean view junior suite. It had a great view. It is further back on the property but situated in the middle of the whole property. We were happy with our room. We had no musty smell or any issues with showers or anything. The air conditioning could have been cooler but we lived. Our housekeeping was great. he came twice a day everyday and changed any used towels. Our mini bar was filled everyday with what we requested. I will also mention we called for extra water and wine glasses a couple times and they were there withing 5 minutes. Very quick.
My husband golfs and played $ rounds at the course in Cap Cana. He loved it. He thought it was challenging and the greens were in great shape.
I have to say the service at the pool is amazing. The bar tender Bernardo makes awesome drinks and waiters Junior and Aramis were always around getting us another drink or food. These guys work so hard to ensure you have a great day. Please tip them accordingly. Everyone who worked around the pool was great. I just can't remember others names. Willy Wonka always made us laugh. He is such a fun loving guy and really tried to get people interested in activities, but wasn't pushy either.
The concierge named Kari was fantastic as well. She always went out of her way to help us with anything. Very friendly, she is just a super person. I also have to mention Eusavio from the Ocean Bar. He makes the best mojito's ever. The Love Bar never had mint so everyday we made our way over there for one of his drinks.
The beach on the resort is small but quite lovely. They have lots of chairs, hammocks and sunbeds to lie on. The beach on the other side of the fortress is amazing for walking or running. It is huge and basically empty. The water is very shallow as well the colour is gorgeous.
We enjoyed the food for both breakfast and lunch. They had great ceviche at lunch and fresh fish. By the pool they serviced good burgers, sandwiches and chicken wings.
The restaurants at dinner were hit and miss. More often then not the meat, fish or chicken was overdone. The presentation was nice and they had a good variety of food to choose from but they need to work on not overdoing it. The service in these restaurants was painfully slow. We like to take our time for dinner and enjoy it but it was rediculous at times. The waiters at these restaurants need more training. They need to get people like their pool waiters in the night time restaurants.
So overall we were very happy. If they can continue to improve the service in the dinner restaurants I would change the rating to 5 star. This resort isn't cheap to stay at so they need to improve in this area.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.