“Gorgeous property and great food.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium

You added The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Calle El Cortecito | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #33 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
mx3man123
“Gorgeous property and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

We stayed at the Royal Suites Turquesa back in October 2010 and have kept putting off doing a review.
First of all this is part of the Palladium complex in Punta Cana, it consists of 4 resorts all in one complex, the Royal Suites is a more private section and is an adults only section. We had a Romance swim up suite room which was absolutely amazing. The bathroom was large with a really neat vapour shower that had disco lights and a radio, loved the shower.
The room was spacious and had a jacuzzi tub which we used frequently. We had 2 patio doors to our deck that had 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs with a table. you could walk from our deck right into the pool which was always a great temperature.

The room service was included and was really good as well, we usually ordered room service for breakfast and there was a privacy closet where the food would be placed and they would flick a switch and a light in the room would light up letting you know your food had arrived. Delicious room service menu that you could order 24hrs a day.

We had free internet in the room which we really liked as we brought our laptop and had it tuned into different radio stations and had the laptop by the patio doors so we had music as we were in the water.

We stayed at the newer part of this resort and you could tell it was new, everything looked so clean and fresh.

The cleaning service was really good as well, the cleaner would do an amazing job of cleaning everything so make sure to leave tips for them.

I had a little medical issue while we were there, I had an overactive prostate (found that our when i got home) They have 2 medical centers here, one at each end of the resort, one is open in the AM and one in the PM. I went there because I always had the urge to go to the bathroom all the time and it was really annoying. They ran some tests on me there after they determined I had good medical coverage. They decided to send me to the hospital in Bavaro so a small ambulance picked me up and drove myself and my wife there, along the way I had to sign something for the ambulance and i saw it was a bill for $200 for the ride there which was about 20 minutes, my insurance paid that though. Once at the hospital they took blood and a urine test and determined it was a bladder infection and instead of giving me antibiotics they gave me pain medication so the rest of the week I was on this pain medication but it didn't get any better. When I got back to Canada I found out it was an overactive prostate and was given Cipro which is an antibiotic and it was gone in a week.

The restaurants there were all really good especially the Royal Gourmet, we ate there most nights because we couldn't imagine getting abetter meal anywhere else.

The people that work here are extremely friendly and are always looking to help out and never expected a tip, but we did tip quite a bit because we were blown away at how well the service was.

Right off the beach you can get into a little town, there was some high pressure sales from a few guys on the beach but just keep walking and they will leave you alone. In the town you can go to the grocery store and buy some really cheap rum here.

We did an amazing tour called Punta Cana Mike's excellent adventure, I won't go into great detail here as we did a review just on this tour that you can read on your own, lets just say this was one of the best days of our lives and we will cherish the memories for along time.

The only thing I could say that was a minor nuisance was the our lobby was being renovated so our temp lobby was quite a bit away from our room, also the royal gourmet was being renovated so the temp royal gourmet was put into another location. All these renovations are since completed though so no issues if you go now.

The weather was perfect while we were here and we really have nothing to complain about other then my medical issue which isn't anything that has to do with the resort.

I highly recommend this resort, any questions feel free to ask.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
On
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Trip report Feb 7-14 2011 Royal suites Turquesa

Check in was very fast (little explanation needed as it was our 6th visit to this resort) The Lady at the desk again greeted me by name before I could even start to say who I was, which I must say was very nice. Next we were giving nice cool scented face cloths and tropical juice, both of which were very nice. Being repeat guests we were given an upgrade to a honeymoon suite in
building 52 third floor 5238 which is about 1/3rd the way down 52 about equal with tables and chairs by the main pool bar. Although this room did not have a total ocean view it had a great view of the pool and gardens and a distant partial ocean view. It was really nice to sit on that large deep balcony in the morning and watch the resort come to life while hearing the ocean in the distance. Only a few minor complaints about the room that did not impact our stay
and we didn’t wish to change rooms as we loved it. . Initially our AC did not cool the room enough, we addressed it and it was improved. We rarely got evening maid service as evidenced by the fact that our wet towels from our pre dinner shower were still there when we came back at night,
. The water pressure was poor, but I believe it is fairly typical and often depends on the time of day that we showered (i.e. less pressure when everyone was showering) I did speak with friends in the newer buildings and they did not have this issue. Also there was a problem of no cold water in the mornings (we have stayed in this building twice before and did not have these issues). Another thing was that the amenities in the room ( soap and shampoo were )there were not as items as there were last trip , the only one that I missed was the body milk, which I did manage to get off the maid’s cart. I did report these things to the butler, not because it put my vacation off but more because these things/ services are to be done/offered and it should be addressed. We did get evening service that second last night
On a positive note the room was always clean and the towels and face cloths nice and plush and yes we always had face cloths. Since we got in too late for dinner after a quick drink at the pool bar we headed to the sports bar via one of the many golf carts. We were very pleased with the selection at the sports bar and the pizza was yummy! We also enjoyed our first persidente of our stay.

Meals: all breakfasts were at the RG, the food was great as usual and all the staff that we remembered, remembered us. Very welcoming they way they greeted us and made us feel at home. The new outdoor patios are a hit, and often if you wanted to sit there you would have a small wait, we rarely opted to wait as we were eager to get on with our day. Note though for non smokers there does not seem to be a non smoking area on the patio as anytime I asked for an ashtray they always gave me one. For lunch we ate at the royal gourmet I had the Angus burger and it was great, like you would make at home from scratch and so big that I could not finish it. DH had the beef dish that he really enjoyed. A couple other lunches were at the palace beach buffet El Bohio which has had extensive renovations, which I have got to say really made me say WOW!

The serving area in this buffet has been greatly increased and there is almost the same amount of choices as at La Uva (I tried them both the same day ………………for research LOL). Many lunches were just those yummy mini pizza’s round the main
pool as well as the hot and cold items in the royal lobby at lunch time. (Items such as beef kabobs breaded chicken pieces and cold cuts and cheese). Dinner: We tried the French, the Mexican, the RG and the Buffet La Catherdal. The French I enjoyed but I preferred the RG as the night I ate at the French I could not have my first choice as it was not being offered as they had no scallops………. And my salad was lacking the apples that it was to have. Not a big deal, and since we wanted to have lobster as much as possible we ate at the RG as the French a la carte does not offer it. We felt we should go to at least one a la carte so we went to the Mexican as we had enjoyed it last trip. The appetizer we had was incredible, but sadly our shrimp in our entrée were slightly over cooked………no one went away hungry though. We decided to try the Dominican night at the buffet and chose La Caterdal as it is the largest. A friend from the resort
was kind enough to point out to us what dishes were very typical Dominican. We had Sancocho, a thick stew, mangú, which is a savory puree made with mashed plantains, yautía (taro) or yucca, ‘habichuelas con dulce’ (sweet beans) a desert dish, yaniqueques’ which are a fried bread like item and Chivo which is goat. And a couple of different dumpling like items, all was very good.
One late afternoon we ventured off the resort and enjoyed a pre dinner snack at Captain Cooks which is a seafood restaurant right on the beach just beyond the beach vendors to the right of the royal suites. Captain Cooks is not fancy but it is right on the beach and we shared grilled shrimp served with potatoes with tomato sauce and a salad, the shrimp were served with a sauce described as mayonnaise but tasted more garlicky then our mayonnaise here at home. It was all very tasty and enjoyed with a cold presidente (3 between the 2 of us) and an awesome view. The bill with all taxes came to 30$ and they gave us a shot of mamajauna each and some very fresh pineapple as well. Night life, we mostly enjoyed the main pool bar in the company of friends as we found the lobbies in the other sections warm and a bit loud for conversation. We did not try the shows. The new lobby was enjoyed at various times of the day. The renovations are very nice, but a bit modern for our tastes.

Changes since our last trip: other then the RST lobby, new French a la carte they have expanded the # of golf carts and service was always prompt ( we still tended to walk places) also noticed is a new foot washing station between the royal beach and pool ( it’s about ½ way between the existing one and the edge of the resort, not far from where you get your towels) The RS beach bar was not open and I never really got an answer as to why, as it had been open last Feb. that said I was only asking the bar staff and always forgot to ask the butlers or any one in management. As I said earlier the El Bohio renovations are amazing even the bathrooms. I noticed they are improving the walkways down to the beach
. Other things we noticed were recycling centers located throughout the resort, and what looks like the beginnings of new tram station stops located very frequently throughout the resort. The shops most if not all have been renovated and it appears that it’s a new company running them as well. As this trip was all about relaxation we did little other then chill by the pool meeting many PA members
as well as non PA members. Eat and walk on the beach (we did more relaxing by the pool then walking).
We had a great trip and can’t wait to return, the 7 days was just too short, and we are already planning the next trip!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Muskoka District, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

My husband and I paid extra to stay at The Royal Suites Turquesa, aptly titled "a luxury adults only resort". There were many positive features: The rooms were beautiful. The grounds were well kept. Many of the a la carte restaurants served excellent food. The beach was beautiful. However, the service was highly lacking. At "Le Gourmet", the main buffet for the guests at the Suites, it took forever to be acknowledged and then served if you wanted anything not available on the buffet, like coffee for example. At most of the restaurants you could drink wine, beer, or pop, but they would not serve mixed drinks or real juice. The white wine was the worst I have every consumed - worse than Canadian DIY. The butlers, who are supposed to make your a la carte reservations, made a sport out of hide and go seek. They would not acknowledge you unless you directly requested their help. This resort needs to seriously work on their service. Unless you are getting an excellent deal, I would not pay extra for this resort.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
rouyn-noranda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Royal suites Turquesa is part of the 4 Palladium resorts. The royal suite is exclusive to the clients if the hotel but the other 3 resorts are included in the all inclusive package. Beautiful clean grounds and security all around at night. Nice pools.
Service : The restaurants of the Royal suites are exclusive to their customers. No waiting or reservation needed. Good service but the staff is a bit stiff. The staff could use lessons in english because there is a language barrier and they often misunderstand what you need or ask. Food delivered to your room is so-so because of that problem. Higher quality of alcool and wines than in the other 3 palladium resorts. Could do without the butler service in the rooms building since when you ask for something you get the impression that you are annoying him. We were in building 55.
Rooms: beautiful rooms at first glance but the furniture needs to be cleaned as there were stains on the couch and chairs. Door jams of the rooms need rubber to stop the noise because you keep hearing doors slamming at every hour. Good maid service.
Beach: private beach for the clients of the Royal suites. Beautiful sand, nice, clean and quiet. For more action, the other 3 Palladium complex have activities programmed each day.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

My vacation at the RST was great, the service at my swim-up was perfect. Here is my review:
1. The swim-up is absolutely wonderful and the room is so beautiful, no stairs to go up and down;
2. The butler service mostly given by Jahaira was perfect all the time and was always done with a big smile;
3. The cleaning staff did a perfect job during the day and the turn-down was also done perfectly;
4. The whole resort is so clean all the time;
5. The bar staff is always joyful and prompt;
6. All the a la carte restaurants have delicious food, great service and most of all warm and joyful staff;
7. All the buffets have great choices of food and once again great service and warm and joyful staff;
8. The Gourmet and Chanterelle have exceptionnal food and service, special mention for the two young hostesses and for Juan who makes sure that all the guests are well taken care of;
9. The beach is kept clean all the time;
10. The activity staff is cheerful and the activities are fun, I did the gym and dance lesson on the beach (for the activity, you have to go at one of the other hotels of the resort);
11. The shows are great, my favorite was the Circus, but we enjoyed all the ones we saw (we saw about 5 shows);
12. The lobby entertainment at the Palace, the Punta Cana and the Bavaro were always good;
13. The little pizzas and fruit brochettes are great,they are served around the RST pool;
14. The bar service to our swim-up is also very good;
15. The possibility to reserve at the A la carte restaurants was also a great perk to our stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband and I picked the Royal Suites at Turquesa after a wonderful stay at it's sister hotel in Puerto Vallarta 3 years ago.
The RS at Turquesa is on a Palladium property with 3 other resorts. The complex is huge! We enjoyed walking on the beach day and night and were seldom bothered by locals selling excursions and timeshares.
We had booked a swim-up suite, which was beautiful. However, the water in the pool was too cold for swimming, even on the hottest day. The ocean was warmer.
Our butlers, Jahaira and David were wonderful. They remembered our names, and were always quick to meet any needs.
The only problem we had with the room was a leaky air conditioner, which was never fully fixed. The room temp was very nice.
The Food: The Royal Gourmet is supposed to be the top restaurant on the complex. We did not find it to be so. The meals from the menu were not good and the temperature of the food was usually room temperature. My husband and I both ordered Rib Eye steak off of the menu one night and asked for it to be prepared medium. The waiter looked very confused, but took the order. When our order arrived, we understood the confusion. What was on the plate was not Rib Eye steak, but Prime Rib. It wasn't bad, so we ate it. Another night we ordered Filet Mignon. The two thin pieces of meat we recieved were so tough we had a difficult time cutting them with a steak knife. Another night we ordered the grilled Lobster. It was overcooked and tough. After these experiences, we opted to eat most of our evening meals at the Specialty restaurants. We were happy with all of these, especially Bamboo and the Mexican Cantina. We did not care for the Brazilian as we found the meat to be dry.
We ordered room service a few times, with mixed results. One day I ordered the Margherita Pizza and it was delicious, with tomato sauce, cheese and thin crust. I decided to order it the second day again and got a totally different pizza, fresh tomatoes, green peppers, cheese and CORN on a thick crust. It was a good pizza, but not what I expected. Another day I ordered a chef salad. I received a plate full of julienned cold cuts and cheese, green peppers and unpitted olives. No lettuce. A friend in another room had ordered a pizza and recieved it with cooked unpitted olives.

The fishing excursion was very rough. You have to cross the reef to get to open water for fishing and the waves were pretty big. We hit one that was about 15' and when the boat went down the back side of the wave, everyone (passengers) onboard went flying. My husband was injured. We did catch 5 fish. I caught the last one. There were seven passengers on board and I was the only one that did not get sick. It took over 1.5 hours for someone to get my husband to the clinic after the boat got back to shore. The fact it didn't take longer was due to a couple we had befriended that were waiting on shore when we got back. She bullied the guys at the Dive shop to call for a ride for my husband. The captain wanted to take my husband to a Dr off the property, but we refused.
We visited the clinic on site twice and were well treated by the medical staff. We visited our Dr when we arrived back home to make sure the treatment had been sufficient and he said that everything they had done was good and proper.

We did enjoy the train, and the golf carts were especially handy, because of my hubby's injury.
Our favorite excursion was the Bavarro Runners. We befriended another couple in our building who went on a similar excursion but didn't get to see or do all the things we did on this one.
We also did a snorkel trip to Catalina Island, which I enjoyed fully, but my husband had to sit on the boat and beach and watch, due to the previously mentioned injury. The waters were clear, calm and warm. I saw a variety of fish and even watched a crab walk around in the grass in the lagoon.
We enjoyed the Michael Jackson show and the Circus Show was spectacular. You don't want to miss either of those.
The sports field needs a little TLC. The mini golf course is all ripped up, but we still enjoyed playing. We loved seeing the huge chess boards throughout the complex.
Overall, we loved the resort. But wouldn't recommend the Royal Gourmet restaurant at all.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
ottawa canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

room was excellent - bed was perfect -pillows were excellent
for an old dude i found that there was easy access to the pool
we were located on the ground floor so had no steps to climb
the mini bar was well maintained with soft drinks and beer
also we had a bottle of rum scotch gin and another liquor
the maids were excellent
we tried out the room service one time and it was quick and tasty
we found the restaurants should have been closer to the main lobby-even the the gourmet restaurant was quite a hike for breakfast
at lunch and supper we were able to ride the shuttle
the other restaurants were further away
we tried the japanese excellent
the italian not great and the mexican -the appetizers 1-5 on the menu are full meals themselves
the french and gourmet restaurants were good-the service was excellent
just a note for lobster lovers--this is not the same as we are used to here
wait service at the pool was excellent
we did not park ourselves at the beach so i dont know how service was there
getting a chaise by the pool means getting up at 6 am-make sure you keep your towels from the day before
for the first 5 days we were there people left their towels overnight and were not removed
at any given time only half the chaises were in actual use
i guess management collected all the towels on thursday night because at 6 am friday
i had my choice of location
the chaise lounge issue is the biggest negative
if you go for breakfast and pick up fresh towels you will have nowhere to put them
last year we stayed at the palladium in jamaica and had absolutely no problem
with chaises
free internet access was excellent bonus-- wi-fi in room and computers in lobby
the spa does not compare to dreams punta cana
the masseuse was as good but the surroundings were more clinical
you are not supposed to tip but we find it an excellent way to reward these hard working
people for good service and i am sure that they appreciate it
the butler is more of a concierge - he was on duty 9 -1 and 5-9
overall i would rate this hotel a 4 star
but i would not return mainly because of the chaise issue and the walk to breakfast

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium? Share your experiences!