“Not a 5 star” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium

You added The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Calle El Cortecito | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
15% off + Webcome Package
Ranked #27 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Pickering, Canada
“Not a 5 star”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

First trip without kids in 20 years. Beautiful grounds and beach. Swim up rooms are nice but not 5 star as pools and rooms need some renos.
We had room guests 2 of our 7 nights, 3 inch cockroaches! They sprayed and we had them again 2 nights later.
No one seemed to be to concerned except my wife and myself.
Food was not very good, big selection but everything tastes the same and everyone in our party had the trots during the trip.
I had taken down Blue jays hats and shirts to give out to staff that I thought were extra helpful and friendly and had a very difficult time finding any.
It seemed as though unless you could speak Spanish the staff did not want to smile or go out of their way to be very helpful. Even when you tried to be nice and speak some spanish they still looked upset that they had to be working.
We also had trouble with the people at the end of our building who would not allow the servers to pass by their room to deliver drinks to the other 6 rooms along the pool. There is an area designated outside your balcony that allows the staff to pass and this was a service that the resort said they offered but after speaking to the Bulter, the front desk and the Reception Manager we were told that these people could control the service for this entire section if they were unhappy..................I guess the rest of us in the other 6 rooms were suppose to swim across the pool everytime we wanted a drink.

Overall Our vacation was restful but would definetly spend a little extra money to stay at a true 5 star resort the next time we travel to the south. We have travelled a lot and are spoiled by good accomadations and friendly service whrn you are spending a lot of money.
We toured the Paradisus grounds and rooms, located a 15 min walk down the beach from our resort and although more expensive we could see right away why this was.
From the room/food quality Jumbo prawns for lunch, all you could eat, to the friendliness of the staff it just seemed like a better run resort.

Just a few thoughts for people who are still undecided and are willing to spend a little more to have an overall great experience as you can't change once you are there.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here building 53 is a great location for the swim up rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Mark A,

We want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay at The Royal Suites Turquesa.

Thank you for choosing The Royal Suites Turquesa for you and your relatives and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

We also wants to thank you for your suggestions, we will take then into consideration yo improve our service.

We will be waiting for your next vacations.

Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
swansea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed at the Royal Suites Turquesa for ten nights at the beginning of May we were a group of six who were originally booked into the Riu Palace Bavaro but thanks to the lack of professionalism and non existence of customer care from Thomson's, who still haven't given us an acceptable reason as to why a week before we were due to travel did we receive a phone call to inform us that our hotel had been changed.We had a choice of two and thankfully after reading reviews we chose the RST.On arrival we were met and greeted by a friendly efficient team,taken to our rooms by our butler Monica who was very informative on our rooms and the facilities of the RST.We were in block 57,the rooms were large clean and very comfortable with a lazy river type pool ,sun loungers and pool bar.Our days were spent around the main pool at the beach and back to the pool bar near our rooms for an early evening drink and a visit from one of the peacocks. All the facilities were very clean the gardens immaculate and the staff were extremely happy and very accommodating and the food was nicely presented and plentiful in all the restaurants we visited. If I was to be critical of anything it would be to suggest the food be served warmer especially in the themed restaurants and the loungers around the main pool need some attention.Overall the RS provided us with a very relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings with excellent staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear denisehowells66,

From the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We greatly appreciate that we have totally satisfied your well deserved vacations.

We will wait for your next vacations.

Essex, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was our second time here. Fantastic first time but now needs a makeover. Everything looking tired and dated. Pool loungers a mix of wooden ones that work and others in various stages of dis-repair. Accommodation in the main blocks now dated and in need of new furniture and paint. We had a wasps nest on the balcony and had to ask three times to get anything done. It's now a 07.00 grab your pool spot with towels due to the usual Germans...lol. We also had many young Americans on our second week who spend all afternoon in the pool at the bar whoop whooping and making far too much noise. Evening entertainment at the two arenas is now better. Food at our two royal suites only restaurants is very good. The best being the new Le Chanterelle. Others are a bit hit and miss with quality, having good and bad at most. It's far too much a tip for everything culture now. Wish I got tipped just for doing my job. Although the currency is Peso's, you are better off taking US dollars. Plenty of $1 bills for tips needed. Probably about $10 each day plus extras. We found this trip not as relaxing as our last one and will now think twice about a return visit. There was also a lot of noise from the road where we were from 07.00 until about 22.00. We had early morning calls from the local peacocks from about 04.30 most mornings.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the newer swim up pool rooms not in the main block.
Dear womble2005,

We are really thankful fot the precious time you dedicate to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

Thanks for highlighting these details; we work to improve every day and we will take your suggestions into consideration.

We hope to see you soon.

Thank you very much.
Mount Albert, Ontairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is the first trip I have ever gone on by myself.I Needed some serious distressing time. I spent hours if not weeks looking at trip advisor comments for weeks. Two weeks before I booked I called down to the resort and spoke with Maximo. He works at the front desk. Friendly and exceptional service. He was able to answer all my questions and give me reassurance. The next day I went to work and one of my clients had just come back from RST. They had a great time and gave me some tips. I booked the trip and am pleased to say It was the best trip ever. I now understand why several people return year after year.
When I arrived at the resort Maximo was at the front desk and greeted me. He remembered that we had talked two weeks prior and told me he was glad I had chosen to come. My room was ready early.. My room far surpassed my expectorations. I had seen the pictures and it was exactly like the pictures. The maid did not speak English but we quickly established a good rapport with each other. Her name was Vicenta Rijo. She took extra special care of my room. Everyday she worked, I was sure to come back to the room with something unique about it. Each building had its own butler which had a desk as you leave your building. Always friendly, very helpful, always smiling. very detailed. Manuela was my Butlers she helped me with anything I needed. Manuela went through all the different restaurants with me provided me with several maps and booked all my dinner reservations according the times I wanted and types of food. RST is only one section of this Palladium complex. The perks of being in this section were.. Top service, Top rooms, individualized service, when you are staying in RST you can book all dining reservations where as the other sections of the resort had to stand in line and wait for a table to become available. The food for the most part was great. Although I did not go to the steak place, or Italian. The only restaurant I did not enjoy as much as the Brazilian as the meat was to dry. If you needed a ride to any other part of the complex a private golf cart could be called and they would take you to your location. However their is a train that also goes around the resort which you can hop on and off of. Lots to do if you want. The alcohol if you drink was plentiful and the two restaurant's for RST guests had premium alcohol. I am really not a wine drinker so I can not comment on that. Mini bar in fridge was always stocked with whatever I wished as I left a sticky note with an arrow pointing to empty bottle on counter with a number of how many I would like and a thank you.
There is at times a language barrier. I embraced that and found the languages fascinating. If you run into a language barrier take it as a challenge not as an inconvenience. Count your blessings that you are where you are and enjoy each day of your trip to the fullest.
Don't forget to check out the Disco It opens at 11:00 but definitely an experience worth while!

The excursions I went on were fabulous. I went scuba diving with a group who have a shop on the Palladium site but are not part of the palladium group. They were friendly, helpful and a pleasure to spend time with. I have been certified for many years but have not dove in several years. I took a refresher course with Willy who was exceptional. We spent over an hour in the pool. He was professional and put me at great ease. If you are a scuba diver... I cant say I recommend going diving near the resort as visibility is not great. I did however have the opportunity to do a couple of dives at Catalina island garden and wall that was great! I also went on a dolphin excursion which was awesome. Their are different levels of dolphin experiences you can go for . I went for the excellence package, which was excellent! 2 dolphins very interactive. dive over you, spin you in circles while you lie on your back, let you hold their fins, sing to you, and swim behind you and propel you out of the water like you are water skiing. What an ultimate experience!. The other excursion I went on was called doctor fish make sure you check it out, that was a blast... Beautiful boat very ,Zen environment, start off with group relaxation then have a message and then lye on a special table to have further message, then detox, then you get floated out on a raft into the water and lye in the sun for a while in the middle of the water. You have a beautiful lunch serve with alcohol if you like and then we headed for the last part of the journey ":Dr. Fish" Go check this out what a unique experience.
Lots of fun. Each day brought me new experiences and everywhere I went I met new friendly people. As a matter of fact my very first night I went to a restaurant and a couple asked me to join them for dinner.

During my stay I met Vladimir Linares He is one of the travel Club Butlers. Vladimir made me feel important, special and welcomed. What an exception man! He put me at ease and helped me with many things. Hooked me up with Francis to go on an excursion. He made arrangements for me to be picked up at the resort to go on a shopping excursion to a Canadian lady's exclusive store on the island who will pick you up bring you to her store and drop you back off at the resort. Vladimir made sure when I left the resort on excursions that I went with the right pick up person, as usually when I was going on excursions there wasn't other people from this part of the resort going at that time.. He often was also around on my return back to RST. Vladimir gave every person who walked through this area of the resort a sincere genuine smile as he asked them how they were or followed up on things he had previously talked to them about.He seemed to remember little details about many of the guest and their needs.Vladimir presented himself as confident, friendly kind, caring and exceptionally knowledgeable. He appeared ready, willing and able to help anyone with anything within his power and control to make them feel at ease. He speaks many different languages, please make a point of stopping by the Travel Club desk to meet him. Vladimir is definitely a go to guy! If you meet him please make sure you say Paula from Canada Ontario says Hi.
Have a great vacation.

Room Tip: If you desire peace and quiet anyway from everything... book swim out room. I stayed in 5212. It wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Paula F,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa, we wants to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

Comments like yours are the best motivation or our team.

Once again thank you for choosing The Royal Suites Turquesa and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

We look forward for your return.

Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was our first time at RST. I hope it will not be our last. We were at the resort for a wedding.

One Con was my BF did not sleep well on the mattress. I was so beat each day, that I didn't have the same problem.

Other than that, we had an excellent trip. We stayed in the new section on the second floor. Our room was gorgeous! Wifi worked fine in the room and actually throughout the RST resort. We could also access the wifi while we on the beach. The mini bar and private pool were nice features. The butlers and maids were fabulous.

We enjoyed each meal. We mostly stayed on the RST for each meal. The Royal Gourmet was great for breakfast. We had one lunch and one dinner there. I loved the fresh juices each day. Also, I loved the coffee. I had the lobster for dinner. My bf had the beef. No complaints! Dinner at the French restaurant was very memorable! We had the cheese fondue and the Chateaubriand! SO DELICIOUS! One of my favorite meals was the paella made on the beach from 1 - 3 pm each day. One day, I even had half a lobster on my paella. Amazing!

The beaches and pools were exactly what I need for relaxation. Napping in a cabana on the beach was perfect. It was beautiful, just what I needed. The white sand is so soft. The Ocean was that amazing green color. The waiter service on the beach and around the pool were non-stop. Around lunch time, the waiters came around with mini pizza. Also, they had decent sandwiches at the towel hut.

The service and friendliness were excellent. Of course there were a few that could have used a smile, but that was more uncommon than common. I loved the VIP golf cart service. That was especially nice late at night and when the rest of the wedding group was on the far side of the resort.

The other three resorts were okay, but I loved RST. Oh, and I was not a fan of the casino.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear jcon1015,

We are really thankful for the precious time you dedicate to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

It is a satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

Thank you for choosing Grand Palladium as your special gateway, we look forward for your return.

Thank you very much.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I just returned from The Royal Suites Turquesa and it was wonderful! They have thought of everything. Each building has its own butler who is friendly and helpful, and available at any time. We loved Manuela, Providencia, and Oscar! They made restaurant reservations for us, called a cart when it was too hot to walk to the other end of the resort in our nice clothes, and even restocked the fridge in our room with the drinks we asked for. We also loved Brigida, our housekeeper! The beach was beautiful, the pools were sparkling, and the spa was so relaxing and inviting. The food at the buffets was good, but the a la carte restaurants were even better. I recommend the Steakhouse especially! It was so nice that everything was included, so we didn't have to carry around money. Everything was so great - I would love to visit again!! Oh yeah, and I loved the peacock and flamingos too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear shelzeya,

We are proud that you received your well deserved vacations.

Once again thank you very much, we look forward for your return.

Greetings.
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The whole hotel is lovely and the royal suites section is something special. It is complete luxury and the advantages of being in the royal suites include a butler to help navigate the resort and book restaurants, and golf carts to get around. The food was really good in the restaurants especially the exclusive ones.
The staff were all really friendly and welcoming. The activity centre was a really good addition with tennis, archery and mini golf, Jorge was great instructing the Archery and getting everyone to join in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Jennifer K.,

We hope to see you soon.

Best Regards.

Been to The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium? Share your experiences!