Spent a week at the RST. The food was excellent and the variety was good. The house wine was terrible but half way through the week they changed brands and it was drinkable. Service in the restaurants was consistent. The staff speaks more English than other resorts we have been to. Our butler spoke Spanish, French, English and was learning Russian. We had a 3rd floor room in building 50 looking towards the pool and ocean. The morning sun was great. The room was very clean and we had no issues with the air conditioning or humidity. We lacked cold water pressure in the mornings but always had lots of hot water. Our room was always cleaned while we were at breakfast and the fridge was usually restocked by early afternoon. Fresh towels were delivered after supper. Allow at least 45 minutes for room service. Bar service on the beach and around the pool was very good.
The Problem . I’m guessing the original RST consisted of the older section, buildings 50, 51 and 52. At that time the pool and beach areas were large enough to meet the needs of the guests. With the addition of buildings 53 to 59 the beach and pool can no longer accommodate the increase in guests wanting to use these facilities. Even though these buildings have their own pools and bar service it was our observation that a very large number of these guests went to the beach or the main pool making it very crowded. There are not enough lounge chairs and palapas to accomodate everyone. As other reviews have stated, the towel game is in full force all the time and starts at about 5:30 am.. We were able to find seating at the beach once during the week and once at the pool. We just carried a beach bag with us and left it on the ground when we went for a swim. Don’t even think about getting beach towels on your first day! We checked in about 11:30 am and went down to the towel hut—there were none left. Other resorts we have visited have kept towels at the front desk for clients whose rooms are not ready but who wish to go for a swim. We observed one individual who showed up every day at the pool with at least 8 towels which were used to cover/reserve 3 lounge chairs and a palapas. Other covered chairs were empty for 3-4 hours sometimes. We have not experienced this at the other resorts we have visited so for this reason alone we will probably not return to the RST. Also, noise at the main pool was really out of control for 2 days. One individual was threatened with expulsion from the resort but that didn’t seem to matter. After more complaints, security showed up and watched the noise makers for 2 -3 hours but did nothing. This was not just loud talking but a lot of shouting and screaming. You could tell that older patrons were upset. Except for a warning, nothing was done. There is no restaurant near the beach so you have to walk up to the restaurant area at lunchtime. A bit of an inconvenience. Lastly, the concept of stay at the RST with access to the 3 sister resorts for other services really doesn’t work. Patrons of the other resorts don’t appreciate you taking up their pool space and restaurant spots. They’re trying to max out their vacation as well . Finally , this is a large resort with trains circling around every 15-20 minutes. My wife and I like to walk but there are no benches or quiet sitting areas anywhere on the property to just sit and relax . We would end up sitting in the lobby of one of the sister resorts during our walks.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Turquesa By Palladium Hotel
- The Royal Suites Turquesa By Palladium Hotel Punta Cana
- Royal Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Turquesa is an exclusive VIP area of 140 luxurious rooms located within the Grand Palladium Resort in Punta Cana. Featuring private facilities and personalized service, the area includes an exclusive restaurant, concierge service and free Internet in the private lobby, air conditioned bar serving premium International beverages, exclusive pool with built-in Jacuzzis and bar service to the sun beds by the pool and at the beach, and much more. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.