“Our Royal "home sweet home" in Dominican Republic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium

You added The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Calle El Cortecito | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
15% off + Webcome Package
Ranked #25 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Pori, Finland
“Our Royal "home sweet home" in Dominican Republic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I like again to review the Royal Suites Turquesa, because it is so important people to know what level the hotel is now and whether the hotel is improving or not.

I write this review on my balcony in Royal on the 3rd week of our vacation.

1) Firstly, WLAN/Internet has been working all the thing enough good. I have also done my work things properly. Work on holiday, I must be crazy.

2) Secondly, when I look to the pool area, it is kept in a very lovely conditon from the very start.

3) Thirdly, there are resorst and resorts, but one thing is different among them: the employees and the management. These are two things so important. If you have a good management group and a lot of good employees working as a "POPsitive" team, you can`t beat them. And this has happened in Grand Palladium Punta Cana. It is a great advantage for a resort or hotel.

4) And then, there are no language problems with the staff. They speak Spanish, French, English, German, Russian etc. Just get in touch with the right people. I have no more to say about it. It is up to you.

5) New restaurants opened, renovations in hotels every year, they do things better every year.
This year especially La Parilla, Steak House, was so postive to us, I believe you enjoy for sure the solomillos (read steaks) or la langostas.

6) And finally, just make a trip there and be happy and enjoy your stay.

Send me an email via Tripadvisor, I will tell you some more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We've stayed at this resort in 2011 and 2012, both times in April, as a couple.
In 2010 we stayed in the same complex, at the PUNTA CANA section of the PALLADIUM complex and on a walking tour of the resort complex, we noticed the adults only section called the ROYAL SUITES TURQUESA. We found out that this section offers SWIM OUT SUITES, where your luxurious room is on the ground floor and connected to a deck that leads directly into the pool. The beach has drink service and cabana-style beds for relaxing in the shade while enjoying the beautiful water setting.

Once we saw this other "Adults only" section of the complex, we knew we wanted to come back the following year to try a SWIM UP ROOM. UNBELIEVABLE! They are well worth the extra money if you are able to upgrade.

The Royal Section of the resort is the older section closer to the beach and main pool. The New section with all of the swim up rooms and Deluxe Junior Suite Swim Ups are a little farther away from the lobby / beach area, but still a close proximity to everything you need, plus there is a tram and trolley system that the Royal Suites vacationers have the ability to use. You call a car from any of the lobbies or restaurants and they will pick you up. Otherwise the walk to some of the restaurants can be a little far.

The Royal Suites guests also get an extra restaurant called THE GOURMET. These servers and chefs are the best. They really went out of their way to prepare delicious meals for us and also gave us excellent service. There are also other restaurants available to all of the PALLADIUM COMPLEX guests such as: The Steak House, The Japanese, Mexican, Brazillian and Seafood, and Chinese. All of the restaurants are amazing, but the Japanese, Chinese and Gourmet were definitely the best in our opinions.

The Buffets are pretty good but go early if you want bacon in the morning. The lunch buffets are really great and I suggest trying them all since they offer different items.

THE LOBBY: Nice Lobby with great premium drinks. Internet is free so you just have to wait until a computer is available to use to check your e-mail or facebook. 1/2 hour maximum per person which should be plenty of time.

THE STAFF: The staff are generally pretty great. The servers especially are working hard for their tips. I strongly suggest tipping if you want to have the best service. We are good tippers and had fantastic service our entire trip all three times we went. If you are complaining or see complaints about service, take note of whether they tipped well or not. If you are getting a $100 meal at a Gourmet restaurant served with top notch, white glove service, How much would you feel you had to tip if you were in Canada? That's how much you should be tipping. You paid for your food, with your all inclusive, not for the service, so make sure you do that.

POOLS: There are lots of pools for all different types of interests. Relaxing, games, pool bar etc.

THE DISCO - NIGHT LIFE: The Disco is Ok, but it smells bad. All three years it still had that same smell. The Shows at the 2 different theatres rotate through the week with a different show at each theatre each night. The Michael Jackson Show is always the best one anywhere we've ever gone.

YOUR BUTLER SERVICE: You get your own butler, but I suggest getting in touch with them the day you get there to make all of your reservations for the dinners and also for anything else you need, becasue they are not always at their desks. I also suggest tipping for services with them, but don't tip in advance as there may be a differnt butler on duty the next day.

in April 2012, we had our wedding ceremony at this resort and Carolina, the resort wedding coordinator, knows her stuff. It was all so easy for us and our 40 guests to go and stay at this resort for the week. Edouardo the head driver of the golf cars and the resort manager were also extremely accomodating to us and our guests.

If you want to have a relaxing vacation in the sun, with good drinks, a great beach, a swim up room and drink service right to your deck on the pool - I highly suggest checking this place out.
ASK FOR THE NEWER SECTION OF THE RESORT WITH THE SWIM OUT ROOMS. ALSO GET ONE. IF YOU ARE STUCK WATCHING ALL OF THE PEOPLE ENJOY THEIR DECKS RIGHT ON THEIR OWN PRIVATE POOL AREA, YOU WILL BE WISHING YOU HAD!

We will definitely be back again and again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new section with Swim out.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments, and for coming back again to spend your vacations with us. I will personally assure that your opinion gets to all the staff who supported the great stay that you lived here with us, be sure that with your comments we achieve excellence. I can now say that for sure we will be hosting you again next year!
With the greatest regards from the Managment and the whole staff.
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I returned Dec.1st from a one week vacation at The Royal Suites. It was wonderful. We traveled from Ottawa via Sunwing. Very smooth flight with everything on time. Very easy through the airport. The only delay was waiting at the bus for two couples that took private transfers and did not notify anyone. Check-in went smooth and our room was beautiful. This was our sixth visit so no surprises. Everything was as we remembered from last year. The grounds are amazing, the food was very good in all the different restaurants and buffets that we tried. The main reason we return year after year is the people who work there. Trip number seven is already booked.

Val-d'Or, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We just arrived from a 10 days trip to this hotel.Evering was perfect ,meals,rooms,sunchine,ext.That was my 8 times there with two of my sisters.
Don't miss that chance to know what aven is !Any time of year,you will be happy of your choice.I didn't be there 8 times in last 6 years.

Room Tip: swim-up in new section
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much once again for staying with us and for taking the time to comment on your stay. Be sure that every single person who participate in your wonderful stay do it with great honor and passion to keep welcoming our guests. We will see you soon the next year.
By the time being the Management and all the Staff from The Grand Palladium Resort and Spa and The Royal Suites Turquesa wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.
Longueuil, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Hi everyone - bonjour a tous
Went to the Dominican Republic in late October via AIR TRANSAT and voyage performa CARLSON WAGONLIT in boucherville - merci Caroline,
Booked Grand Palladium Punta cana for 8 nights.When we got there we were ugraded to the ROYAL SUITES TURQUESA.I could not believe it.We were in the section beside the beach and pool second floor, older than the swimups but much better acces to the pool,beach lobby and restaurants.You have private shuttle access for everyone in the ROYAL SUITES section and also the train which travels around the whole Grand Palladium Resort Site.
Our concierge "JOSE" Helped us with the restaurant selections and reservations.
Thanks Jose
Our room excellent no problems at all clean and AC worked great - Fridge fully stocked everyday - beer - cola - water
We also have 24HR room sevice so we ordered breakfast to our room - under 20 minutes - huge breakfast -was great.
All service in the ROYAL SUITES is excellent.
Restaurants - la chanterelle and le gourmet are 2 exclusive restaurants only for the ROYAL SUITES - i recommend both of them -Eat Like a King averywhere.Crepes Suzette flambee and the Beef Chateau Briand at the Chanterelle
BUFFET the las torres - my favorite a must and i am sure you will love it.
LOBBY SERVICE is great and free wifi is available.
THE BEACH amazing as always the playa Bavaro is the worlds Best beach so i enjoy the water and the coast line of Palm Trees everytime.Food and drink service on the beach is available.
When you stay at the ROYAL SUITES you have access to all the GRAND PALLADIUM COMPLEX SECTIONS -includes the BAVARO - PALACE AND PUNT CANA.
We tried the - steakhouse, Italien, japanese, very good.We did not have time to try all the restaurants.In the Bavaro section there is a 24hr sports bar - also do not forget the Arrecife restaurant on the Beach - Great for Lunches ,and there is a snack bar located by the beach also.
BARS evrywhere 14 of them so you never run low on fluids.
The theatre has nightly shows - we saw the michael jackson tribute- very good.
THE SPA - Great place to relax
The ground are exceptionally well kept and maintained everyday
I loved my vacation there and will be going back next year - i was fully satisfied and honestly reccomend this hotel to everyone.Just ask me if you need any info before going.videos and Photos will be added.
5 STARS all the Way ROYAL SUITES - HOLA HASTA LUEGO.......:)

Room Tip: Old Section of the ROYAL SUITES closer to the beach and Lobby.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I recently spent 6 nights in the royal suites for my honeymoon. The grounds were very beautiful, the groundskeepers work very hard. The beach was very nice, it was interesting that there was NOone on the beach after dark.
I knew there would be a large cultural difference traveling here. I found that 80% of the time, food and service orders were wrong because barely anyone spoke enough english to understand what I was saying. Room service took 4 hours to get food and sodas, and that was wrong everytime I placed an order.
It was very tough to have fun with activities, due to the high pressure sales of everyone there, trying to push the excursions, and pictures, and cigars. I booked 2 outings with my APPLE rep, and we had lots of fun.
It was interesting to see a 10 foot concrete wall, with a 4 foot chain fence on top of that, with barbed wire on top of that around the complex. Outside of the resort gates was quite scary. Everyone has guns, no safety rules for the road.
As for my room, you could smell the mold when the air conditioner was turned on, and it made me sick every night, and I'm still trying to recover.
There are multiple whirlpools at the resort, which most didnt work, even after I asked the desk about them.

After reading other reviews, I decided it would be a good idea to take our own towels, and I was glad we did. It can be tough to find towels there, everyone hoards them up and "claims" beach chairs. It kinda sucks.
There are numerous restaurants in the resort, with every type of food. However, I found that the nicer the restaurant, the worse the food was. It was obviously reheated, and was not good. I was VERY dissapointed. The ONLY time I had warm food was at the Hibachi grill, and that made me and my new wife sick the last night we were there.

All in all, we both enjoyed it, we are glad we went, but we would NEVER go back.

Room Tip: You dont need to upgrade to the Royal Suites, they dont get you much extra for the prices.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments and general evaluation of our resort since its very important for us to accomplish our guest requirements. regarding the lenguaje, we have english classes for our staff, we definitely are improving. I apologize if any inconvenience occur during your stay. we will look into all the details of your comment to solve them as soon as possible.
we look forward for another opportunity to host you and your family.

Regards form the Management.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

A fabulous holiday is putting it mildly. The hotel staff go overboard to ensure you have a relaxing and pampered time. They all try extremely hard and work hard - no matter what we asked or wanted they tried their very best to accommodate us – always with a friendly smile. Other hard and dedicated workers that are often forgotten - from beach security to people tending the incredibly lovely gardens also always greet you with smile and ‘ola’ when passing by.

We stayed in a swim-up suite from 16th Nov to 1st Dec. Absolutely lovely and highly recommended – although if you had a normal suite quite honestly you cannot go wrong either. Weather was glorious, beach is superb and the ocean is turquoise blue with gentle waves and we spent hours in the water enjoying it.

Food is great, if you complain then you are seriously overly picky and fussy.
The two dedicated RST restaurants serve good food in a great atmosphere and all other restaurants (belonging to group you can use scattered around the resort) also extremely tasty and a wide, wide selection to choose from. If you didn’t particularly like one restaurant, go to another – no limitations or order room service later to plug a gap. Go the nightly theme buffets – if you can’t find a great dish you thoroughly enjoy from the abundance on offer – then you never will no matter where you go. Freshly grilled steaks and lamb chops to order and roast beef and lamb and chicken and pork and stews and country fried chicken and vegetables in all varieties and desserts and fresh fruits…..get my subtle message here!!

It’s an island and sometimes you wait a bit for your order or it’s not exactly as you had imagined it to be – just change your brain into holiday gear, order another all inclusive great drink while waiting or refill your wine………there really is nothing to complain about.

Bars great, drinks great, butler service available for booking and info – reception staff always professional and helpful. Never did the shows unfortunately as after a day of swimming and beach and spa and evening meals and drinks at the bar……just wanted to return to our lovely suite to sit out and have a final nightcap watching the palm trees in the moonlight before falling into bed.

Truly a relaxing paradise at RST – go and enjoy it, you will not regret a moment!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium? Share your experiences!