“Not what I expected. Got sick from mold” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium

You added The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Calle El Cortecito | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
15% off + Webcome Package
Ranked #27 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Not what I expected. Got sick from mold”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I recently spent 6 nights in the royal suites for my honeymoon. The grounds were very beautiful, the groundskeepers work very hard. The beach was very nice, it was interesting that there was NOone on the beach after dark.
I knew there would be a large cultural difference traveling here. I found that 80% of the time, food and service orders were wrong because barely anyone spoke enough english to understand what I was saying. Room service took 4 hours to get food and sodas, and that was wrong everytime I placed an order.
It was very tough to have fun with activities, due to the high pressure sales of everyone there, trying to push the excursions, and pictures, and cigars. I booked 2 outings with my APPLE rep, and we had lots of fun.
It was interesting to see a 10 foot concrete wall, with a 4 foot chain fence on top of that, with barbed wire on top of that around the complex. Outside of the resort gates was quite scary. Everyone has guns, no safety rules for the road.
As for my room, you could smell the mold when the air conditioner was turned on, and it made me sick every night, and I'm still trying to recover.
There are multiple whirlpools at the resort, which most didnt work, even after I asked the desk about them.

After reading other reviews, I decided it would be a good idea to take our own towels, and I was glad we did. It can be tough to find towels there, everyone hoards them up and "claims" beach chairs. It kinda sucks.
There are numerous restaurants in the resort, with every type of food. However, I found that the nicer the restaurant, the worse the food was. It was obviously reheated, and was not good. I was VERY dissapointed. The ONLY time I had warm food was at the Hibachi grill, and that made me and my new wife sick the last night we were there.

All in all, we both enjoyed it, we are glad we went, but we would NEVER go back.

Room Tip: You dont need to upgrade to the Royal Suites, they dont get you much extra for the prices.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments and general evaluation of our resort since its very important for us to accomplish our guest requirements. regarding the lenguaje, we have english classes for our staff, we definitely are improving. I apologize if any inconvenience occur during your stay. we will look into all the details of your comment to solve them as soon as possible.
we look forward for another opportunity to host you and your family.

Regards form the Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

A fabulous holiday is putting it mildly. The hotel staff go overboard to ensure you have a relaxing and pampered time. They all try extremely hard and work hard - no matter what we asked or wanted they tried their very best to accommodate us – always with a friendly smile. Other hard and dedicated workers that are often forgotten - from beach security to people tending the incredibly lovely gardens also always greet you with smile and ‘ola’ when passing by.

We stayed in a swim-up suite from 16th Nov to 1st Dec. Absolutely lovely and highly recommended – although if you had a normal suite quite honestly you cannot go wrong either. Weather was glorious, beach is superb and the ocean is turquoise blue with gentle waves and we spent hours in the water enjoying it.

Food is great, if you complain then you are seriously overly picky and fussy.
The two dedicated RST restaurants serve good food in a great atmosphere and all other restaurants (belonging to group you can use scattered around the resort) also extremely tasty and a wide, wide selection to choose from. If you didn’t particularly like one restaurant, go to another – no limitations or order room service later to plug a gap. Go the nightly theme buffets – if you can’t find a great dish you thoroughly enjoy from the abundance on offer – then you never will no matter where you go. Freshly grilled steaks and lamb chops to order and roast beef and lamb and chicken and pork and stews and country fried chicken and vegetables in all varieties and desserts and fresh fruits…..get my subtle message here!!

It’s an island and sometimes you wait a bit for your order or it’s not exactly as you had imagined it to be – just change your brain into holiday gear, order another all inclusive great drink while waiting or refill your wine………there really is nothing to complain about.

Bars great, drinks great, butler service available for booking and info – reception staff always professional and helpful. Never did the shows unfortunately as after a day of swimming and beach and spa and evening meals and drinks at the bar……just wanted to return to our lovely suite to sit out and have a final nightcap watching the palm trees in the moonlight before falling into bed.

Truly a relaxing paradise at RST – go and enjoy it, you will not regret a moment!

Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We just returned from a 9 night stay at the Palladium (Nov 22-Dec 1). After an initial glitch that was rectified by Ingrid and Juan in Guest Services/Management, we had a wonderful stay at the The Royal Suites Turquesa. We had a 2nd floor suite. Just a short walk brought us to a pool that flowed by first floor suite terraces. Second floor guests could walk to the central patio area of the pool and lie in either chaise loungers or 4-post sun beds. The Royal Suites Turquesa is meant for relaxation and romance so the music at the patio bar was low volume, with most couples (no kids!) keeping to themselves. The bar staff came around frequently and also took sandwich orders and brought around pizza during the day.

Or suite had a Jacuzzi in the bathroom as well as a glass enclosed shower with multi-angled jets. Our four post bed was gorgeous. Flat screen TV was nice, but multiple remotes did not work and after four repair man visits, further requests for repair were pretty much ignored by out butler (each room is assigned a butler, kind of like a concierge). No big deal though as we didn't watch too much TV :).

As a Royal Suites guest, we could use all pools on the property. Aside from the romantic pool by our suite, the Turquesa also had its own large pool. It too was quiet with music playing, but no Animacion team activities. However, the pools by the Palladium Bavaro, Palace and Punta Cana hotels all had lots of activities going on - meringue lessons, polo, etc.

The beach was gorgeous and we spent most of our time there. Lots of palms, chairs. Beautiful aqua water, white powdery sand. Truly paradise. Along the edge of the beach towards the Palace property (and many other locations as well) Paella was served daily between 1-3 PM. Very delicious.

The Turquesa guests also had two exclusive restaurants just for them - The Chanterelle (French), and the Gourmet restaurant. And, you could go there for dinner every night without reservations. We visited four times and ate at the buffet restaurant the other nights. The exclusive restaurants served very good food. Usually the Ala cartes in Punta Cana are more glitz than substance. But these two restaurants were great. Had cheese fondue (ask for apple slices else you just get bread), lobster, Chateau Briand (amazing!!), rack of lamb, fine liquors, etc.

My favorite part of the Palladium properties, however, was the staff. From the housekeepers to the waiters and waitresses, hostesses, pool staff, desk personnel, reception, guest services, and everyone else, almost every single person had a warm Hola! for you, were smiling, eager to make you happy, and wanting to chat with you if you wanted to get to know them. I cannot say enough about how absolutely wonderful the employees of the Palladium are.

I highly recommend the Palladium Turquesa, but I think that all of the Palladium properties are very nice. Thank you Palladium for a great vacation!!!!!!

The Fitzpatricks

Wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed her for 2 weeks at the end of September and had a fabulous time. The food was amazing and the staff very attentive (tips go a long way) It was quite quiet whilst we were there so felt like we had our own waiters whilst round the pool. I say the pool but we spent most of our time at room as coming out of your room and into the water was just the best. We had the sun from first thing through to 2pm then we would grab a bite to eat and go down the beach for a couple of hours.
I only have 2 complaints and now after reading a few other reviews I am not alone and wish people had mentioned it before I travelled as I would have been alot more cautious. The Casino did make a lot of money out of me infact $3500 as they were so convincing I was to win $25,000. Ok yes my fault for not stopping sooner but have to admit they were very encouraging and after a couple of drinks they kept convincing I was going to win and showing me previous peoplescard sheets and how easy it was I so I didn't want to stop. Thankfully I did but at a high cost and now from what I read I am not the only foolish one so be very weary
Also the drink in room is fantastic however on our 2nd day someone took a bottle of gin from our room, as we don't drink it I thought no more about it until we came to check out. At that point they tried to charge me for it. I stood my ground and was adamant at what time and date it as taken they finally relented and I didn't have to pay, so be aware of what are drinking.
Having said all this I would rate this place very highly, I loved the room it was so big with large four poster, jacuzzi in the room and as I have said our sunloungers were in a foot of water and you could step right into the pool. This was a very romantic holiday and I would highly recommend it to couples who want to spend time together and just chill.
I would definitely go back but just avoid the casino

Room Tip: pay the extra for swim up room, it really made our holiday
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wildwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

stayed from oct 20,2012 to oct 27th,2012; adult only resort with access to sister resorts, adult pool was being re-done which we knew about before hand, but they also were re-doing our step out of the room pools as well; we liked our girl bartenders and servers so it was a little inconveince on their part. big resort and great beach! room was very nice,clean, tips went a long way. hemmigway bar in center of complex was nice, yet very limited on cigars which surprised me since we were in domenican. japanese and brazilian rests good, other then that the buffets dinners theme nights as good;lot of selection of foods so you should find something to like,remember it is a third world country;do bring imodium,upset stomach condiments if you have a weak stomach. Saunas and whirlpools opened at 1100am,were at spa center and free which was nice after drinking imperial rum every night! selection of wines and liquer were good, been to alot of islands and resorts and the adult only resort was good, not great; but for the price and access to sister resorts not bad. did not have any problems to and from resort and booking excursions, overall a nice stay!

Room Tip: courtyards have views of the ocean; we were in back section with 1st floor rooms that you can walk o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Middletown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We are just back from 7 days at the Royal Suites Turquesa (Nov 12-19). We returned to this resort because we had enjoyed our previous visit (April/May 2011) very much. I wish I could say that this visit was great but it wasn't. It was good but not great. It seems to me that the quality of service in the Royal Gourmet has declined. There is a new restaurant in the royal area, Le Chanterelle, which is very beautiful and the food was good but, again, the service was a problem. We went to a couple of the A la carte restaurants - the Mexican & Japanese were both very good; however, the Italian was really awful and the Steak House was not much better - both food quality and service were severely lacking at both.
The Spa, which we had enjoyed very much on our last visit, had roof repairs going on during our massages. Sounded like jack hammers on the roof. Very hard to relax with that noise. Also, one of the massage rooms was extremely cold.
On a more positive note, the rooms are very nice, comfortable and very clean. The beach is beautiful. We spent a lot of time there. No problem getting lounges on the beach; however, on two occasions, we had difficulty getting towels - seems there was a shortage.
Overall, this was a good vacation but not a good as our previous visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ltajes, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Good afternoon and thank you very much for your comments, regarding the food service in the a la carte restaurants we are trying to find out what could your inconvenient was since we have great comments from both restaurants Italian and Steak House, such as yours of the Japanese and Mexican. At the time that you were here the SPA was under improvements in certain areas, we apologize for the inconveniences that it cause but now we have much better service and facilities. We look forward to host you again and give us the opportunity to serve you.
middx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

When arriving all very impressive, very nice, very clean, room was excellent, our section of the complex was great, great food in the vip rest for our section, we did try the buffet rest with everyone else but that was only once!! the system in there was manic and not organised.
the vip golf service was great, the complex however had a train service 24 -7, which was a god send as well as it was so humid, as soon as your out of air conditioning the heat was so draining.people were great. beaches were nice. Overall the complex is really nice.

HOWEVER- THE MAIN COMPLAINT WE HAVE IS THE CASINO ON SITE- WITH OUR EXPERIENCE AN TALKING TO ALOT OF GUESTS THEY SEEM TO HAVE BEEN CONNED ON A GAME TABLE IN THE CASINO, WHICH A COUPIER CONTROLS, AN THE STAKES DOUBLE VERY QUICKLY AS WELL AS THE PRIZE, BE CAREFUL AS YOU GET DRAGGED INTO BELIEVING THE GAME CAN WIN_ BUT YOU WILL LOSE A LOT OF MONEY 1ST!!!!!!!!
Probally wouldnt go back< as outside is very restricted, unsafe. unless on excursions..

Room Tip: Always try an get a swim up room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments and for sharing your vacations with us; related to the Casino I would like to clarify the fact that it is an outside company, Be shure that we will look into it and pass you comment to the Casino manager as well as to the board of Directors. I hope that the fine time is greater tha this incident and does not reflect our service.

The Management.

Been to The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium? Share your experiences!