Please save yourself a ton of frustration and go elsewhere.
We were a group of 7 people in our 40's. We had decided to go down south to an all inclusive for some sun and relaxation. We chose grand Bahia Principe La Romana.... Boy do we regret it now. We paid extra for Royal Golden ...PLEASE save your money.... We got NOTHING for this.
The 1st day, the hotel immediately REFUSED to take restaurant reservations (we were entitled to 4 during our 7-day stay) . This never happened.
In summary, they used every excuse in the book to refuse booking restaurant reservations and instead pushed us to the buffet all 7 days. They lied throughout the whole week and we only caught on on our 3rd day. Excuses such as : the restaurants are all booked up, computers are down, come back later and see, come back tomorrow and check, etc... We lost hours in line every morning begging for restaurant reservations... EVEN though we were 2nd or 3rd in line the minute they opened.
Here is the truth : the restaurants were less that 1/3 full every night at all times, they never had enough staff, the staff they had had little or no training, they did not have enough food in the restaurants, and they preferred to prioritize Bouganville guests's requests for restaurant reservations so we poorer regular guests never even had a chance. (Bouganville guests are the high-paying guests that opted for the higher cost hotel luxury packages.)
Our group of friends feel robbed and taken for chumps by this hotel.
The free internet is useless... Connectivity is near impossible.
They advertise their hotel App as totally functional... That you can make reservations, find your room, make special requests.... What a joke ! Don't believe anything this hotel writes.
Their website says their water is drinkable and safe.... Try it and you will spend your vacation throwing up near a toilet all week.
If you are a diabetic.... Take real care because even though you ask for diet (light) drinks... You will be served full syrup sodas at the bars. You may end up in the hospital.
The fridge and safe in my room didn't work. As a Royal Golden guest these are part of the amenities.... The 1st day I called the front desk who said they would send someone ONLY if I waited in my room. I waited over an hour and a guy showed up and changed the safe batteries. This worked for the day but the next morning the same problem reoccurred. I didn't want to waste time again waiting for their guy to show up so I let this slide. That evening the fridge stopped cooling our water... Again I let this slide because I wanted to be outside instead. I had wasted enough time waiting in line, etc....
I can't tell you what a disappointment this vacation was. I will never again return here. Family and friends will be well warned to keep away. Please be warned !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services Lake-style pool 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace with sun umbrellas, loungers as well as a pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, football pitch, 2 tennis courts, padel tennis, volleyball and basketball courts Water activity and scuba diving centre Lounge theatre for entertainment Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 main buffet restaurant 3 speciality restaurants 1 snack bar 3 Bars 9 hole golf club next to the hotel, in Playa Nueva Romana Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco, casino and chapel Rooms 400 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Terrace Junior Suite Club Golden (See page 18 Golden Club, Hacienda Club) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Teen's club (11-16 years) Others services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Cash point Car park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe La Romana Hotel La Romana
- Santana Beach Resort
- La Romana Gran Bahia Principe