My wife and I booked a vacation at this resort from Jan 12-19, we actually are still in the resort. Terrible experience..after 2 days we contracted an enterovirus/food poison? and got stuck in the room for 3 days with fever, chills, nausea/vomiting and diarrhea. When we tried to discuss this health issue with the manager of the customer service, the assistant told us that if we didn't see the doctor of the resort on our own expense to obtain an official prove of the sickness, nothing can be done. Not to mention many other issues: murky beach water, low water pressure in the shower, bugs crawling under the door, childish entertainment, overpriced and poor quality wi-fi. We were 4 times with Bahia resorts in different location, will never return or advise anyone to travel here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services Lake-style pool 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace with sun umbrellas, loungers as well as a pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, football pitch, 2 tennis courts, padel tennis, volleyball and basketball courts Water activity and scuba diving centre Lounge theatre for entertainment Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 main buffet restaurant 3 speciality restaurants 1 snack bar 3 Bars 9 hole golf club next to the hotel, in Playa Nueva Romana Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco, casino and chapel Rooms 400 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Terrace Junior Suite Club Golden (See page 18 Golden Club, Hacienda Club) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Teen's club (11-16 years) Others services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Cash point Car park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe La Romana Hotel La Romana
- Santana Beach Resort
- La Romana Gran Bahia Principe