We travelled as part of 20people party for a wedding. Grounds of the hotel are beautiful and very well kept, you see people cleaning throughout the whole day. Food was ok....but my husband did get really sick in the middle of the trip as well as other people in our group. This put a damper on the whole thing since the wedding was towards the end of our trip. Good thing the bride and groom were ok! Our room was nice and kept clean. We were right by the beach in golden royal rooms. As per service, it was hit and miss. Some of them cared enough to remember your name and some wouldn't even make eye contact. In the morning, out of 7 breakfasts I was served 2 coffees...all the other times I had to fetch it myself...which I was ok with as long as I had a coffee... lol out of 3 a la cartes we decided to skip Italian as most of people in our group didn't enjoy it. We really enjoyed the Gourmet one!
The biggest dissapointment was the sea! ...murky is an understatement :o( I suppose we are spoiled by the beauty of Varadero, Punta Cana and Santa Clara's crystal clear ocean...but the water was just dirty and cold! Btw, get ready to pay extra for safe! that was a first.. If you get a chance, do the Saona trip! although weather was not so good it turned out to be great excursion!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services Lake-style pool 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace with sun umbrellas, loungers as well as a pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, football pitch, 2 tennis courts, padel tennis, volleyball and basketball courts Water activity and scuba diving centre Lounge theatre for entertainment Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 main buffet restaurant 3 speciality restaurants 1 snack bar 3 Bars 9 hole golf club next to the hotel, in Playa Nueva Romana Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco, casino and chapel Rooms 400 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Terrace Junior Suite Club Golden (See page 18 Golden Club, Hacienda Club) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Teen's club (11-16 years) Others services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Cash point Car park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe La Romana Hotel La Romana
- Santana Beach Resort
- La Romana Gran Bahia Principe