We just got back from a wonderful week spent at la Bahia (Feb4-11th).
We were family of 3 adults+1kid+2 infants.I was so terrified after reading previous reviews about people getting sick and other terrible things about this resort, that I was ready to cancel my trip. Thanks God I did not do it. We had great time. Nobody got sick or anything like that. We did not do anything special, the only thing is we obviously did not drink tap water. However my husband used it to clean his teeth.
We loved everything about this resort, but sea water. We knew it's not going to be crystal clear, so we were ready for that.
All the rest is perfect! Beautiful beach! Food was very very good, huge variety. Rooms are good, bathroom may need some little reno, but is ok. Very-very nice personal. Always smiling, greeting you. I am in love with their gardens. Very well maintained and clean.
I would highly recommend this hotel for quiet vacation for families with kids or middle age couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services Lake-style pool 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace with sun umbrellas, loungers as well as a pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, football pitch, 2 tennis courts, padel tennis, volleyball and basketball courts Water activity and scuba diving centre Lounge theatre for entertainment Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) 1 main buffet restaurant 3 speciality restaurants 1 snack bar 3 Bars 9 hole golf club next to the hotel, in Playa Nueva Romana Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco, casino and chapel Rooms 400 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Terrace Junior Suite Club Golden (See page 18 Golden Club, Hacienda Club) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Teen's club (11-16 years) Others services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Cash point Car park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe La Romana Hotel La Romana
- Santana Beach Resort
- La Romana Gran Bahia Principe