A lot going for it, huge piece of beautiful property, three golf courses (two of which are spectacular), great accomodations, friendly helpful staff, etc. A coupe of nit picky issues prevent five stars. Pricy, but you knew that. But because it is so pricy, things have to be really great to get top rating. And there were a couple of little issues. The cold water tap gives luke warm water, and if you want to brush your teeth or take a pill, it is either warm water or a pricy bottle of water from the in room bar. Water amount and pressure not so good, which shows up in showers and the slowor not flushing toilet. A little trash in out of the way places, like below our lanai. For a first rate golf courrse, i don't think they have moved the cups on Dye Fore for weeks, making putting an adventure, and the Links course is not well maintained. These are tiny issues, however, and even at the price, we will certainly be back. If you are over 50 and coming for the golf, check on Seniors Week in Nov for good prices and fun people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean - Casa de Campo - a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including a private beach, expansive marina, tennis and polo facilities, and three championship golf courses - including Pete Dye's masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, number 1 in Caribbean and 52 in the world. And, if all this still isn't enough, Casa de Campo contains a full-size replica of a 16th-century Mediterranean village and amphitheater, filled with art, history, and cute little European-style cafes. More than 20 restaurants and 15 bars and lounges at Casa de Campo offer a dizzying number of ways to unwind or enjoy meals. Feel like a kid again, driving your golf cart to move within the resort. You will have much more fun than anywhere else! But more than anything, Casa de Campo is a state of mind and a way of life rather than just a mark on the map. For new guests, we welcome you to experience our warm hospitality. And for those who have already experienced our incredible resort, we can't wait to welcome you back. Daily cleaning service, included in your room rate. Complimentary 4-passenger golf cart. Separate bathroom with glass-enclosed shower. Even a relaxing bathtub and private lavatory. Front desk and concierge services 24 hours, 7 days a week. We strive as much as possible to make our casa, your casa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Otel, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa de Campo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic