From the time you pull into the community, you will be amazed you're in the DR. From the resort itself, to the golf courses, to the cool pool, to the work-out area, to the beach to the little town on the property with a magnificiant marina, there's not much to desire. i suggest grabbing a golf cart or moped to get around the property, or your car. The hotel, beach, courses, and marina are relatively spread out. The homes on the property are "lifestyles of the rich and famous". The house we stayed in had a full time staff and has seen celebrities from the Jonas brothers to JayZ and Beyonce. Cool spot on the island with amazing views and a lot of chill. The only warning is to stay on property. The drive to get there from the airport takes about an hour and the areas around are a little sketchy. But there is literally no reason to leave - the property has it all. Definitely play golf here - you'll think you're at Pebble Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Campo offers "The Sporting Life" experience with timeless sports rooted in tradition including five Pete Dye-designed golf courses (famed Teeth of the Dog), Jim McLean Golf School with professional instructor, Eric Lillibridge, 245-acre Shooting Center, La Terrazza Tennis Club, Polo & Equestrian Club, 370-slip Marina & Yacht Club, five-star Beach Club by Le Cirque, Casa de Campo Spa and its own artists' village, Altos de Chavon, modeled after a XVI century Mediterranean city with a 5,000-seat Grecian-style amphitheater inaugurated by Frank Sinatra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa de Campo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic