“I found PARADISE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Campo

Save Saved
You added Casa de Campo to your Saves list
Casa de Campo
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Principal, La Romana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in La Romana
Zemst, Belgium
“I found PARADISE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family and I found paradise on earth.
What a great place.
The service was outstanding.
The room are huge.
The complex is safe and secure.
The diversity of thing to do i enormous.
At first I was skeptical about booking this resort due to the long distance from our home and it's vast size, numerous rooms and villas. I am SO glad that we stayed at the resort and we will be planning a return in the near future if time allows us of course.

Room Tip: all the room are good. We were in hotel rooms 141 and 145 not 140 as the exterior ice machine is lo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a beautiful place, fun to be at, a little off the beaten path but wonderful overall. They've cleared out all the animals to make way for the humans, so don't expect to see monkeys or anything beyond the occasional lizard. If you want wildlife go to Costa Rica.

This place is very expensive as you are basically stuck on their resort, so expect to pay out the nose for everything from breakfast to beer.

The staff is friendly, well-meaning and for the most part well-trained, but service is not exactly snappy - room service takes a long time and you can be waiting for your check for quite a while at some of the restaurants. I guess they just figure you're not in a hurry, and I suppose for the most part you aren't. We were woken up at 1am by some of the staff having somewhat loud conversations with each other, and then again by one of their trucks they left idling at 1:48am outside our room. Nevertheless despite these nits I do recommend this place. It's a 5 star resort with 4 star service which overall is very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

At first I was skeptical about booking this resort due to it's vast size, numerous rooms and villas and what I perceived to be less than quaint- which I prefer. I am SO glad that I stayed at the resort and we will be planning a return in the near future. I typically travel to small, luxury boutique resorts and tend to love personalized service- Casa has some of the best service I have ever experienced. The rooms come with a golf cart so you are free to drive all over the 7,000 acre resort and roam where you want. The food was very good, the grounds were amazing as was EVERY staff person we encountered. Although the resort is huge there are so many different areas to experience (pool, beach, golf,marina, shooting range, horse stable) we never felt crowded. We flew into La Romana which I would recommend and we were at the resort 10 minutes later. If you have reservations about staying at Casa JUST DO IT you will not regret your decision.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at a friend's beautiful villa. Built-in pool in the backyard and an array of tropical fruit trees for the picking. Golf cart zipped us to the facility's attractions. The marina is nice. Everything here is expensive-beware. Went clay sport shooting with my son-what a blast. My son also took golf lessions for the first time with a very helpful pro-Julian. The restaurants are good, but expensive. The beach is very private and quiet for all the family-even little kids. Went kayaking also! Busy & fun week if money is no object. Gratefully we did not have to pay for lodging.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We didn't stay here, we visited the beach while on an outing to Altos De Chavon. The sands are near white and the beach is very clean, as well as the beautiful clear/ blue ocean. It's as pretty as Catalina Island without having to take a boat to get there. :-)

• Stayed June 2012
Dorado, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This Resort is worth every dollar you spend. From the moment you arrive till checkout you feel pampered and special. The facilities have been updated since my last visit. The rooms are actions and tastefully furnished. All amenities are included even WiFi, which actually works everywhere. The pool area is wonderful, restaurant food is tasty and if your package includes the golf cart you will enjoying the entire 7000 acres of property. The included breakfast is very generous so you probably won't need to spend money on lunch. If you love beer then you have to try the great local beer, Presidente.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Iowa, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I want to go back. Very peaceful and perfect. It's huge though. That's why each room comes with a golf cart. The beach was a ten minute golf cart ride but it was a beautiful drive. This resort is a golf lovers paradise. It has four golf courses, one of which is private. The teeth of the dog course was not open yet when we were there but we took a walk there and it's right on the ocean and quite beautiful. The spa was thoroughly enjoyable. Go with the inclusive plan because you can easily spend $300 for two for dinner. Breakfast and lunch would be very expensive too. The pools are small but they were never even close to being crowded. There is a nice swim up bar at the pool. I did not make it to the riding stables but I heard other guests raving about it. Despite the fact that the resort was completely sold out, I never felt over crowded. In fact, most of the the time I wondered where everyone was. Take the time to go,to altos de Chavon. You could drive your cart but it's easy to get lost there even though you get a map. Ask the front desk to arrange transportation and they are very good about it. That's what we ended up doing. There is really only one restaurant open for breakfast but it was very good and not crowded at all. The pancake station was the best. All kinds of homemade marmalades for toppings. My personal favorite was the pineapple. Don't be afraid or scared off by the size of this place. We found that we could be at the bar and have fun dancing and yet the next night go to a very quiet place. There is a disco at Altos de Chavon that is open quite late. Fly into la romana. It's ten minutes from the resort. In fact, the resort owns the airport. Casa de campo can arrange for transportation ahead of time. I wish I could have spent a few more days here. Try the Ron punch....made with Ron rum...the only thing I did not like was that if you drink out of the stocked fridge you pay extra. Also if you want a beach front place, this isn't it but the short golf cart drive to the beach is not bad and the beach is beautiful. Restaurants at night are dressy and men need slacks and a nice shirt.

Room Tip: By all means book with travel agent and go with the inclusive option.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Casa de Campo? Share your experiences!