This is a beautiful place, fun to be at, a little off the beaten path but wonderful overall. They've cleared out all the animals to make way for the humans, so don't expect to see monkeys or anything beyond the occasional lizard. If you want wildlife go to Costa Rica.
This place is very expensive as you are basically stuck on their resort, so expect to pay out the nose for everything from breakfast to beer.
The staff is friendly, well-meaning and for the most part well-trained, but service is not exactly snappy - room service takes a long time and you can be waiting for your check for quite a while at some of the restaurants. I guess they just figure you're not in a hurry, and I suppose for the most part you aren't. We were woken up at 1am by some of the staff having somewhat loud conversations with each other, and then again by one of their trucks they left idling at 1:48am outside our room. Nevertheless despite these nits I do recommend this place. It's a 5 star resort with 4 star service which overall is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Campo offers "The Sporting Life" experience with timeless sports rooted in tradition including five Pete Dye-designed golf courses (famed Teeth of the Dog), Jim McLean Golf School with professional instructor, Eric Lillibridge, 245-acre Shooting Center, La Terrazza Tennis Club, Polo & Equestrian Club, 370-slip Marina & Yacht Club, five-star Beach Club by Le Cirque, Casa de Campo Spa and its own artists' village, Altos de Chavon, modeled after a XVI century Mediterranean city with a 5,000-seat Grecian-style amphitheater inaugurated by Frank Sinatra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa de Campo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic