“I love this resort - Had my perfect beach front wedding there!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

and 1 more site!
You added The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Columbus Torre1 | Playa Confesi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Augusta, GA
“I love this resort - Had my perfect beach front wedding there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I have to say, the only complaint that I really had with my stay here is that the beds were a bit firmer than I am used to. Other than that.. I love this place. I rented a 3 bedroom villa from one of the members as well as 2 junior suites to house the rest of my family who made the trip down for our wedding. My jaw dropped open as I walked into my villa... the pictures simply do not do it justice. We had a private pool with a beautiful yard, a housekeeper who came every morning and made us breakfast, and a concierge service who called or stopped by every day to make sure that we were being well taken care of. Let me tell you this.. there is nothing like waking up at 6:30 in the morning and enjoying a nice cup of coffee on your own private patio overlooking paradise... (I miss the patio). The junior suites at the Tropical hotel were beautiful as well. The food was very good, just different. We went on the Outback Safari and had a blast!! Highly recommend the Outback Safari - they take you on a ride through the country side.. you get to go into one of the local schools and see how their real lives are. We saw all kinds of plants that are native to the island as well as some animals.. excellent trip that my entire family enjoyed (Mom, Dad, Husband, Sister, and Nephew). Then they took us down to a private beach where they taught everyone how to boogie board.. really had a great time..

But back to the resort... I think we ate at like 5 restaurants that they offered.. all were excellent. Again, the staff were amazing.. always smiling and bringing you whatever you could ask for. On monday, they have a welcome party for the VIP guests and the food there was phenomenal.. giant roast pig and all kinds of different cuisines to choose from. Speaking of VIP's, because we were guests of a member, we got to enjoy the benefits of the VIP package which gave us access to a private beach where they had beds right on the beach... I actually fell asleep while I was out there.. and of course there were staff walking around bringing us lunch, drinks, and whatever else we asked for.

Now, just a warning... they are in the business to sell timeshares. That being said, we were asked nicely, we politely declined, and they smiled and said "ok then, have a good day" and that was the last that we heard of the timeshares. They were not pushy at all, but they did ask. I would go back to this resort in a heartbeat.. we had a great time and our family did as well.

The Wedding.. I don't think I had one moment of real stress while I was planning my wedding here. I was in constant contact with the head of guest services and she pretty much handled everything for me. The wedding package was not expensive at all (compared to what other resorts were trying to charge me), and she truly made our wedding day all about us. We had fresh flowers, wonderful snacks, and a very tasty cake to enjoy. Jannette truly went over and beyond my expectations for out wedding. When my father and I got to the beach, we were met with a guitar duo who sang and played at the wedding and during our brief reception... it was like a fairy tale.

Overall, I loved my trip here and I would go back again and again. A word of advice to other travelers.. while the resort does have over 900 staff members, some who do speak English, it would serve you well to learn at least some basic phrases in Spanish. We got extra attention I think because I could speak a little bit of Spanish, and like most Spanish speaking people that I've met, they are happy if you at least try.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Stowe, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Let me begin by saying that parts of resort are lovely the owners only beaches are fantastic and some of the food is excellent !! But you will not get to see any of this unless you are an official owner I am the daughter of one and still received a hard time getting all these benefits because my father was not with me at the time even though his contract says it includes all family members and villas which by they way never seem to be available ( they hold them till you upgrade to a higher membership). In saying this I would suggest any one thinking about purchasing a membership here do not!! They make promises they do not keep everytime they build a new members only area they add another level of membership and if you dont upgrade your contract A.K.A give them more money you do not have access to this area also the older VIP areas that you do have access to are then open to the public . The VIP customer service representative V .Paul was rude and didn't even try to resolve any of my issues and basically ignored me I was treated terribly by him .As a guest of a member all you receive is access to the older VIP area that is now dirty way to crowded the food is awfull and will make you sick and a selection of bad restaurants and bars you have access to are terrible plus your harrassed all day by sales people offering memberships about the only good thing is the servers and bartenders the people of the D.R are great... Also if you dont have a blue, gold or black bracelet good luck getting into any restaurants at all with out standing on a huge line all day . I understand that you get what you pay for when vacationing but theres no need to lie to people this resort promises the world and does not deliver.The entire place is one big construction zone building more VIP areas so they can charge more money to gain access to these areas. Also nothing worked the Gym at the spa only had one working machine out of six plus the hot tub and relaxation pool was broken I talked to a guest that said it had been broken for 3 weeks the gym at the other side only had one working machine. This place is a joke spend your money elsewhere.........

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

I just spent 7 nights at this Resort/Time Share location. I'll try to be fair, but it might be difficult. We read all the previous reviews and took them with a grain of salt, but most of the bad points were true, and some of the good points were also true.

Rooms: Clean, nicely updated in Building #6, we did lose power on 2 or 3 occasions for all but one electrical outlet. AC stayed on during this time so we had just popped a breaker. It got fixed on one of the occasions, but not the other 2 or 3. So...no hairdryer, no recharging DVD player or Computer, no coffee maker, no clock. We worked around some of these by josiling plugs during the day.

Alcohol: Plenty of it including 2 beers a day in your minifridge. House brand everywhere but VIP bar on the beach. There you could get basically anything you wanted and plenty of it, if you make this trip, be sure to get VIP access included. Draft beer only except the 2 bottles in your room.

Food: Buffet was passable at best. Breakfast was good, luch and dinner not so good, except one day they had roasted whole pigs, very good. For 5 of the seven nights we tried to get into any ala carte restaurant. Alwways sold out even though I was only about the 30th person in line when they started taking reservations for the following day. They give priority acces to their Timeshare owners which is fine, but you should be aware you may never get into one of their ala carte restaurants. They will waitlist you, but for us it never worked out. I got no help on this problem from the cheapcaribbean rep, although he was nice and apologetic about the situation.

Staff: Very nice, pleasant. If you tip them they do remember, but it didn't help to get into the ala carte restaurants. They do try to sell you quite a bit, but this worked for me. I took the Rep aside on day one and explained to him I was on VACATION. I did not want to buy, I would not buy, and I did not want or need a free gift, period. Thye pretty much left us alone after that.

We got into OceanWorld for free, it was included in the trip, but would not have been worth anywhere near what they wanted for admission.

After being there a day or two, I realized that a lot of the people were there for a $10 a day promotion and upon getting home I get emailed by Cheapcaribbean for a $20 a day promotion. I know people pay different prices all the time for the same goods and services(cars and airlines are a good example), however, If I knew they were selling it for that cheap, I never would have gone here, you do get what you pay for and they have it priced fairly at $10-$20 per day.

I will use cheapcaribbean again, but I would never return to this location gaain.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I traveled and stayed with 8 other friends in one of the Villas in Lifestyles Resort. The place was just amazing. A taste of the high life to be exact. We had our VIP wrist bands on and that was enough for me to spend an entire week in paradise drinking and eating great food not to mention top shelf booz! Hang overs were expected but knowing I had nothing to do all day but eat and relax at the pools or beach helped me prepare for another evening of great memories with friends. I shall return in a year!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We initially went to Lifestyle villas with our 4 children in 2007. We loved it and believed it would be perfect for an extended family vacation. We came back in June 2010 with 12 of us plus a baby. We had a great time, but did have to deal with a fair amount of issues. We rented a 6 bedroom villa ro fit all 12 of us. Upon arrival, we were informed that there were no 6 bedroom villas available. We were split into two 3 bedroom villas not close to each other. Any efforts to change were declined. Since we were not near each other, we asked for 2 golf carts due to a baby and one of us with a foot injury - declined again. The one golf cart we had broke down 4 times. We asked for a replacement - declined again. The primary goal of our vacation was for all of us to stay together. The two villas were wonderful but a bit cramped for us to stay together during the day - especially for breakfast. We had a phenominal dinner at the gourmet restaurant. The food and service were top notch! Unfortunately, we ended up at the buffet for 5 dinners during the week. The other restaraunts were closed and booked. We did have dinner at Asian restaurant our last night. It was a terrible way to end the week. The waiters were grossly understaffed. Althought they were literally running, it took them an hour to take our order. We had already walked to another bar to get our own drinks. The food arrived another hour later and most of ther orders were wrong. We didn't complain due to hunger. The next day, most of us were sick - creating a lot of competition for the bathrooms. Although we did have a great time together, we did believe VIP has lost its touch.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Long Island New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

My husband and I rented a 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath villa for 8 nights. We wanted the private pool and we wanted to have someone cook breakfast for us in the mornings. For these services we needed a villa. It was worth it. The villa was beautiful. We didn't need 3 bedrooms but it was great having more than one bath and a living room and kitchen as well. The pool was cleaned daily and it was very private. The beds were all king size and they were, as stated many times, very firm, but that did not create a problem and we both slept fine. It was very humid so we ate breakfast in the dining room, although every morning our housekeeper asked if we wanted to eat on our porch instead. Breakfast was eggs-omelette with bacon, onions, peppers and potatoes. We also had fresh fruit, juice, coffee and either pancakes. After serving us the housekeeper left and came back to clean everything when we were all done-amazing feature! The VIP beach was great. Shaded beds on the beach with a cold drink at all times. The water was warm and inviting and they brought us lunch in our beach bed if we wanted. The restraunts were another story. The Gourmet, Chinese and Mexican were all very good. We both hated Italian and the steak one (don't remember what it was called). Neither of us like the buffet, but the VIP bar would make sandwiches if we were hungry and we didn't starve! Chocolate in awful at all places there. How can it be that bad? All in all we had an amazing vacation. The resort was very clean in all areas that we saw. The swim up bar was a nice feature that we used once just to try. The VIP pool was very pleasant and Ocean World was great for a half day visit. Total price breaks down as folllows. Villa- $1140 for 8 nights, all inclusive packaga $115 per day, for 8 days for 2 people-$920, tips (although tips are included we brought about 100 singles and 7 fives for this purpose) We gave $5 per day to the housekeeper and singles as we saw fit for different things in the resort. This is what was suggested to us by the woman we rented the villa from. We used points from Jet Blue-the only carrier that flies non stop from JFK-NY. The taxes and fees for the flight were $97 each for the flight and $10 each as the entrance fee to the Dominican Republic-paid in cash when you land. The total was $2409. Worth every penny. You can stay at other parts of this same resort for much less money, but we loved the villa and the freedom to use all the different parts of the resort. Wait staff was amazing everywhere, but the time share sellers were very pushy and they are relentless. We told them no for a few days and then we became very firm and they left us alone for the rest of our stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

With the newer amenities, we found a perfect beach at Serenity. Checkout could be expedited though by checking out in your own villa.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!