“Great Vacation with Family and Friends!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Save Saved
You added The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Columbus Torre1 | Playa Confesi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Puerto Plata
North Bergen, New Jersey
“Great Vacation with Family and Friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Last June we stayed at the LHVC Crown Villas . Our group of 13 people consisted of family members and friends. We stayed from June 9th to the 18th at villas M3 and M5, then after everybody left my wife and myself moved out to the Crown Suites for another 8 days. We are Lifetime Platinum Supreme Members of the club, so our experience is way different from guests that rent through Cheap Caribbean, Expedia, Living Social, Groupon, etc, etc…. For more information regarding on what to expect when vacationing at this resort/club, which depends greatly on your “status”, check my previous review. Here is the link,

The time we spent at Lifestyle was a wonderful one, got picked up a the airport by one of the several limos the club has. Check in went smooth. Rigo Gonzalez, who is the transportation supervisor and good friend, got us two golf carts right away, and reservations for the a la carte restaurants were done at the VIP Services with the help of another good friend, Sylvia Klein.

Villas M3 & M5 are located next to the Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa area. The villas are not new or anything like it, but they are in very good condition. We did not experienced any issues whatsoever. Everything was in great working order. Every morning our chef, Manuel, cooked for us a wonderful breakfast consisting of egg white omelets with veggies, mangú con queso frito, fresh fruits, smoothies, etc, etc….. And what can we say about Magnolia, our housekeeper, she was wonderful! She kept both villas immaculate. One night we had a BBQ at the villa, sweet! The menu consisted of lobsters, shrimps, steak, chicken, pork chops, seafood salad, and every other salad you can imagine. After all that, we concluded the night by the pool sipping on a few cocktails, playing the guitar and singing a couple of good old songs. VIP life and treatment, oh yeah, we were living it baby!

In regards of the a la carte restaurants, our favorite was AZUL, again. We went twice during our stay. The dominican restaurant, El Pilón, was very good also. We went twice to Jazz and it was so and so, not bad but it was not great either. The restaurant itself is beautiful and the the staff is very attentive and courteous. Simply Gourmet was great and so was Rodizzio. Intimates had a very relax atmosphere with great views of the ocean, the food was ok. For lunch we like to go to Anja’s Lounge, and if you like good wine and Spanish inspired appetizers try Tapas Lounge located at the Cofresi Palm area of the resort complex, you won’t regret it. We did not liked Indochine (Asian Fusion Cuisine). Skewers (Mediterranean Cuisine) was pretty good and tasty.

We loved the new Lifestyle Beach, but Serenity still our favorite. The little oyster bar at Serenity, “Half Shell”, is great and so is the employee that works there, Mártires Guzman alias “Chicho”. He is the best, always with a smile and always eager to serve you.The crepes at Serenity are very freaking good. Harmony Beach was excellent as usual. The fish sandwich at the Beach Avenue Grill was delicious as always, and so was the ice cream at Scoops. Jose Reyes, who is the Sushi Chef at Zen Sushi bar located at the VIP Beach, made us a special sushi roll with no rice. He used cucumbers he peeled off in a certain way, instead of the traditional seaweed and rice, and it was delicious. Here is the link to the video I uploaded in YouTube showing how he made us the sushi roll so you can see what I’m talking about ,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZO7jPgJevk. We also enjoyed the VIP NV Beach, located at the Cofresi Palm, where great personal size pizzas are served at Fadi’s Food Corner. We were provided with excellent and attentive service every time we went there.

Lifestyle is also known for its parties and activities. The VIP Welcome Party on Sundays is nothing short of spectacular. Life music, dancers, food, fireworks, they have something for everyone. And the VIP Party on Thursday nights is also very good and entertaining. We found that on Wednesday nights they have a “piano bar” thing happening at the Bourbon Street Bar located at the Presidential Suites. We loved it, the gal that was singing had a beautiful voice and the guy playing the keyboards was outstanding. This activity is oriented to a more mature audience. Here is another link of a small clip I uploaded in YouTube, enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6D0pCE_HMI.

The resort grounds are gorgeous and well kept, and the club is always adding more amenities for their members to enjoy. When we arrived we saw two new “toys”, a brand new five passenger + captain helicopter and a Rolls Royce Phantom. These new acquisitions are no cheap by any means. Besides all this, can you imagine yourself arriving to Puerto Plata airport on a private jet? Well, get ready for this, Lifestyle Holidays Members will have access to exclusive private jet service and reservations via a new flight and info center that will be located next to The Tower office plaza. This private jet service is coming soon. Hey, they have the jet already at the airport. Also, the resort has plans for 3 new restaurants; a Japanese one, a lobster house, and a high end gourmet restaurant at the Costa Esmeralda peninsula. Did I mentioned about the new villas at Costa Esmeralda? OMG, they are superb and spectacular. It has modern design, two story with high vaulted ceilings, large windows throughout the second floor that let natural light in, master bedrooms with private terrace featuring an outdoor jacuzzi and sun loungers, kitchen and bathrooms equipped with modern fixtures, plus more. In one word, they are astonishing! The thing is that to be able to stay at one of this villas you have to be either the owner, be a friend of the owner, be a Shareholder of the club, or be associated with the right people. Anyway, they’re beautiful and splendid. I will post a few pictures below.

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club has to be proud of their staff. This is the most important asset this company has. There are so many good employees is difficult to pinpoint one in particular and remember all the names, but here is a short list; we would like to thank Sylvia Klein, Claudia Estrella, Rigo Gonzalez, Elvis Diaz, Joel Toribio Garcia, Calvin McLaren, Oliver Luciano, Jose Reyes, Jose “El Morenaso”, Mártires “Chicho” Guzman, Gabriela Medina, Cristina, Charisa, Frank, Luis, Magnolia(housekeeper), Manuel(villa chef), Juan Vazquez, Samuel, Francis Ventura, Rafael Duran, Katyuska, Victor, David, and so many more for making our vacation a memorable one filled with caring love and joy. Thank you so much, we love you all.

Room for improvement? Of course, there are several areas the resort has to work on, one of them is the villas booking process. It is kind of frustrating not to know what villa you’re getting until you arrive at the resort. Also, The Spot Hookah Lounge hours are ridiculous. Closing at 6:00pm, seriously? This place should be closing at least at 12 midnight. But then again, nothing is perfect in this world, including all of us……

When our vacation was over, we were transported back to the airport via helicopter. It is a short ride, about 7 minutes, but very cool. The views of the mountains, the shoreline and the ocean are spectacular. We love this place, but above all, we love its people and can’t wait to be back next year for more!

Room Tip: For a quieter atmosphere choose to stay at The Crown Villas or the Presidential Suites. For more act...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A friend of mine has a time share here. The food is fantastic. I don't recommend going in April. It rained just about all week, but we still had a great time. The Villas have their own pool. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: get the private Villa
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nokesville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just got back, and I can honestly say I am glad to be back at home! The first Villa we had was an amazing location (1A), but was rundown and not kept up nicely. No air conditioning, leaks, etc. After complaining like crazy got moved to 2 - 3 Bedroom Villas. Nicer, but maintenance is ongoing, and they painted the shelves and told no-one which ruined a friend's clothes. As a GM (Gold Band) the VIP is very limited. Serenity Beach is the best if you do go, but only for Gold Banders and Shareholders. The Customer Service is Horrible! American's are treated horribly, and unless you know Spanish and look like a local, you won't be taken care of. Beware of the Sales people in Hats that literally wait at the restaurant in the morning after breakfast to hound you to see their sales presentation. They are suppose to refill your fridge every day, and they didn't, no ice machines, so you have to ask for ice which is like asking for gold there! If you do go through a Shareholder, shop around for the best price. Overall, you are in a different country, do not expect what you have at home is going to be what you will have there.

Room Tip: Depending on where you stay if in a Villa - you have no choice in where you stay.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let me just start of by saying I am Dominican, and I haven't visited the Dominican Republic in about 10 years, my aunt is a member of lifestyles, and spoke very highly of her stay there 3 years ago, boy has it changed. Let me start off by saying this was something straight out of a movie. Service was terrible, for a "VIP" member we were treated like absolute crap. My aunt had booked rooms for the entire family including a villa, well to make a very long story short, my aunt had to fight for a better room the moment she got there, and that's after booking our stay 8 months in advance! And she's a member! On top of that she was robbed, my uncles cologne, a watch, and 290 dollars my aunt had in cash inside of her wallet! When she reported it to the hotel they said they were not responsible because none of these belongings were in the safe box -_- really?! We're supposed to put cologne in a safe box!!! My other aunt that stayed at the villa had her villa broken into by one of the security! The only reason we know this is because my cousin was able to catch up to him as he fled! This place is not safe, and because they did absolutely nothing my aunts will be suing! Please people stay away! I love my country but the treatment we got in this place was horrible! It's a shame I have to speak about my country this way but it's the truth. I read the previous review and it's hilarious to me how they say these review are Inaccurate and a bunch of lies, but it's not! Go at your own risk, the food is terrible I'm still recovering from my stomach! Please people stay away!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We rented a three bedroom villa (Villa 66) as a guest member (GM) of a shareholder of the resort. I would give this 3.5 if I could. Overall, the location is wonderful, the villa was nice and the beaches excellent. I will summarize our notes from the vacation below:
1. Villas - ours was in good condition but don't come with thinking everything works perfect and this is a five star resort. We lost our non-potable water for 24 hours for hours...no showers or flushing toilets. Thank goodness for the pool. If they spent as much as they do on the SALES staff as their maintenance staff these Villas could be much nicer condition.
2. "THE TOUR" - yes, the infamos tour NOT and "friendly guide" is really an excuse to take you to their sales building and try you patience to buy a timeshare. Unless, you want to really buy one then just say NO GRACIAS and tour the property in your golf cart yourself!
3. Breakfast in Villa - this was wonderful and highlight of our day and our maid, Oneida was on time every morning. However, this is catered breakfast (except eggs cooked to order) but is still delish with a ton of food.
4. Pecking Order - Shareholders, VIP, Guest Members and General Public (in that order). Even though you have a GOLD braclet with a GM does not mean you have any priority. As a GM we had to wait until 24 hours before we could make reservation at VIP restaurants and only got the slopply seconds. You also have to book at the Villa reception (where you checked in) instead of VIP services. We did get into VIP beaches which was a great benefit.
5. Villa VIP Rep - This is NOT a sales guy and very helpful. We had Calvin Mercado and helped us understand what GM member got and did not get. We used him to our fullest and asked lots of questions including what you can get for free - liquor and cigars.
6. Golf Cart - Really a lot of fun and you really need one to get to the faraway VIP beaches. If you get one have some patience. The golf cart office is located in back of the new Sales building (the one with the heliport on top). There is often no one there but go back to the VIP bus stop and look for the guys with clipboards....they are the Wizard of the golf carts!
7. Resaurants - Unfortunatley, food is not the same as you would find in US resorts even though it is worded the same. A filet mignon is not same cut. Overall the food was just average but I would stay away from JAZZ. Their chefs need to be trained better in cooking for an international audience. The International buffet at Tropical and the Beach House Grill was good for lunch. Scoops was the highlight for an afternoon ice cream!
8. Pool at Villa - wonderful and they tried to keep it clean everyday but it is hard to keep it clean with all the debris from the trees from the winds.
9. Staff - most were wonderful and very helpful. A few did not speak any English so learn a little spanish to make it easier.
10. FREE Ocean World Tickets - Make sure you go up to the Tropical and make your reservation BEFORE the day you want to go. DO NOT SHOW UP IN THE MORNING EXPECTING TO GET A VOUCHER. We upgraded to the Seal Lion Adventure the day before at VIP excursion services and were told to show up for the bus at 9 am. They never did issue us a VOUCHER and when we went to get one it took much yelling to get one for that day. Do it early and get your reservation and voucher ahead of time.
11. Excursions - PAY IN CASH....they charge 18% plus fees. Make reservations ahead of time. Did the waterfall tour and that was excellent. Puerto Plata tour we took was a waste of money time...it was a sales pitch for the tour guides buddies in town. Only good thing was the tour of the old Fort.
12. Free SHOWS - these were excellent and take in as many as you can. Also, stop by the lobby of the Cofresi Palm and see what is happening over there!
13. Beaches - Favorite was Serenity Beach and then Harmony Beach.
14. AC - only in bedrooms of VIlla. Just a far warning if you are there during the hot summer.

Room Tip: Villas are assigned based on availability....hit or miss but plenty of room and having your own pool...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I finally can say that I had a good experienced at Lifestyle. I went there in May and as always they put me in a villa in bad shape and to make matter worse they put me outside of the resort. I was so mad since I felt that all my complaints about my last experience there went nowhere. I went to the front desk and I complaint and told the girl at the front desk how unsatisfied I was. She told me the manager would called me. I was expecting to be treated as bad as last year by the villa's manager but this lady I think her name Katuisca was so different. She listened to me and told me that she was going to move me to a better villa. She was very friendly which I was very surprise because I had always been treated very poorly by management at this hotel. She gave me the most beautiful villa right in front of the Ocean. I was able to relax and we spent most of my time in the backyard overlooking the Ocean. The only complaint is that I asked for 100% cotton sheet since the one that the hotel use has polyester on it and I'm allergy to it. They didn't change it and I had a bad rash the whole time. I think management should look into it and have cotton sheets for people who have allergic to polyester! I stay at a lot of hotels around the world and I hardly ever have this problem since they always use 100% cotton sheet. The restaurants are still bad. Please put some flavor in the food. The foods are so tasteless. I hardly ate while I was there the food was really bad. The only good meal I had there was the breakfast they served me at the villa my last day. Thanks so much to management for sending it to me. Serenity still is the best beach in the world to relax. I'll still go back here since I love the villas along that I get one a good condition but I'm going to start traveling more to the Punta Cana area since the hotels are much better. Again thank Katuisca for saving my vacation this time.

Room Tip: ask for a Villa in good condition.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was our second vacation at LHVR. Our first was two years ago, and we enjoyed it so much we were anxious to return. For this trip, we booked a week at a 4 bedroom villa with the same wonderful shareholder, Lynn Davison. We have absolutely no complaints about the booking process. The villa was beautiful and the service (breakfast and cleaning) were very good too, although there was an ongoing miscommunication about what time we wanted our breakfast so they showed up late several days - a bit inconvenient with 2 small children involved. The pool at the villa was very nice and well-maintained. Most of the restaurants were still very good, but some of the newer VIP ones (the Italian) were pretty awful.

The main issue we had this time was that the amenities available to us (even with gold bracelets) had decreased as more things were being reserved for the shareholders (black bracelets). There were a few restaurants we had liked the first time that we were no longer able to make reservations at (e.g. the Brazilian and Jazz). There was a new beach (next to Serenity) that we could not go to. There were much stricter limitations on what liquor we could order to stock the villa (4 bottles max for the week, including wine, and no whiskey).

The most annoying thing was the sales pressure. The "VIP rep" showed up the first day and wanted to take us on a tour. We explained that we had been there before, knew where things were, and also knew that the tour was a sales pitch so we didn't want to go. He was extremely insistent, finally saying that he is trying to put himself through school and he needs the $25 commission he would earn for taking us around. We repeated that we didn't want to go. He finally left, but the next morning 2 other reps showed up, including a 'manager' who again tried to pressure us to take the tour.

Midweek, we were talking to some other guests, a fairly young (late 20's?) couple who were frantic because that morning they went on the tour and succumbed to the high pressure sales, ending up signing papers to become shareholders. They almost immediately regretted this, but were told that there was no way out of it (no 'cooling off' period), and they would have to come up with the $10,000 or be sued.

I think this is still a very good value, but the increased restrictions made it a little disappointing the second time around. I understand that they are trying to encourage ownership, but it makes renting less desirable. I don't think we'll be going back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!