The resort is beautiful and there are many things to keep you entertained while vacation in Puerto Plata, DR. There are a few things that you should be aware of that may help your stay start off smoother and save you some of the confusion we encountered.
1) There are LOTS of stairs. If you are traveling with someone who has a hard time getting up and down stairs, Dominican Republic is not the place to vacation. My mother-in-law was vacationing with us and she has bad knees, so she had an extremely hard time getting around.
2) The menu in your room/villa for all the restaurants in the resort are ONLY for dinner. Most of the restaurants are open during lunch time, but they don't serve anything on the dinner menu.
3) When the concierge comes rquests the restaurants you would like reservations at for dinner during your stay, this is only a prefered list. You may or may not get the times or restaurants you request. You can however call VIP services at 5pm the day of the dinner to see if there are any cancelled reservations. We had to do this a few days because we were not in the mood for the food that the restaurant we were assigned to had and we had no problem getting another restaurant and we visited during peek time as well.
4) Restaurants close between 3-6pm each day to clean up and prepare for the dinner crowd. Keep this in mind when you are planning your meal times.
In the beginning getting acustomed to everything was a bit of a challenge, but overall the experience was fabulous. The people are amazing and very friendly. The welcome party was alot of fun! There is so much to do and just not enough time to do it!
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Crown Villas Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Villas are the ultimate in luxury and exclusivity, as each is a small estate home with sumptuous, private three and four bedrooms that offer guests a unique and exclusive vacation experience. All of these villas are a classical Spanish Mediterranean style architecture, with red tile roofs, stucco plastered archways and distinguished stone columns with generous tropical gardens where hibiscus, bougainvilleas and other magnificent tropical plants abound. All have a private swimming pool, shaded terrace, veranda, kitchen, and a full private bath leading directly off each bedroom. The villas are furnished with rattan, elephant bamboo and a natural Caribbean wattle work and are equipped with air conditioning, overhead fans, and cable television. The Crown Villas are part of the all-inclusive Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort and guests have access to all the facilities of the Resort (excluding the V.I.P areas). A personal maid and an exclusive menu in each of the seven Resort restaurants complete these perfect accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.