and 1 more site!
You added The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Columbus Torre1 | Playa Confesi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Spring Valley, New York
“Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had great time on our first trip to the resort for this year. We had a group of 18 that came from Canada, Jamaica and various parts of the US. Our accommodations consisted of 2 villas (plus additional accommodations).

The service at the resort is exceptional. Our villa was adequately staffed for our breakfast service and was constantly replenished with refreshments, snacks and the drinks we ordered. The resort has a number of unique aspects to it. The resort staff, they are as sincere and friendly as I have ever been with. They makes us feel like family during each and every visit. The food quality is superb along with the many restaurant choices.

As with all other hotels there is always room for improvement...I believe the resort is aware. We see changes each time we visit.

We have been to various resorts in different countries, and we are now hooked on this resort....not sure for how long....... but at this time we have not seen another resort that offers the value, service, and amenities as Lifestyle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
The Management T, Manager at The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Irv thank you very much for taking part of your valuable time to share your experiences with us.
It is also a pleasure to know you have enjoyed many of your holidays with us and we will be thankful to welcome you and your family many more.

Best Regards

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had a great time on my recent trip - but like many of the reviews, there were pros & cons to this resort.
First the pros: our party of 7 was split into two 3 bedroom villas - which was fine, as they were next door to each other and gave us the use of two of everything - although one villa became "hang out" central. Enjoyed having breakfst every morning in the villa - it was nice not having to get up and get dressed to go out and our housekeeper Encercida was great ! Although there was no "chef" - she did a great job and some items were pre-prepared (pancakes & french toast) but we had fresh eggs and "bacon" prepared how we wanted and plenty of fresh fruit. With 5 villas to take care of - it's understandable that everything can't be prepared in the villa. Our villa (#29) the pool had a great view of the mountains and the other (6 bedroom villas) - which made it nice. The gold bands also gave us access to all the VIP beaches and pools - our favorites were Serenity, Lifestyle & N.V. beach - although they're all pretty much next to one another. Epecially enjoyed the oyster bar & crepes at Serenity beach and the french fries at Liam's to go at Lifestyle/VIP beach. Now the cons: the villas could use some updating especially the cabinets and countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms. As noted in other reviews - the furniture in the bedrooms is adequate - nothing special/fancy - but the furniture in the common areas is nice. The food at the various restaruants was hit or miss - enjoyed the steak at VIP Gourmet and at Jazz, also like the lasagna at Bellini's but sitting outdoors in the heat eating pasta was a challenge. Like the decor & service at Azul. Had the breakfast buffet one day at Tropical and that was "ok" - wouldn't have been happy if that was our only option.
The service throughout the rest was great - everyone was attentive and friendly - the guest were friendly too and it was interesting to hear about everyone's experiences particularly when it came to the various bands. It is a Vacation Club - so you will get the come on in terms of purchasing something, but if you give a firm "no" you're pretty much left alone. I would have liked a few more activites that took you off the resort, but otherwise we had a great time !

Room Tip: Villas #29 & 30 were good and if you're split into two groups you can walk back and forth be...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a week's vacation. Our party of 11 had two, 3-bdrm villas.
The rooms were adequate. Nothing fancy. Toilets took forever to flush. I was very pleased at the level of service on Lifestyle Beach. Gerardo & Oscar Acosta really took care of us! NV Beach was a pleasant surprise, as was Golden Sands. Sadly, the only place worth eating at was the Wine Bar. Anja's had a great seared tuna too! But after spending almost $600 for All-In & not being a drinker, i was EXTREMELY disappointed with the food at each restaurant. Many menus advertised one thing, but when you got it, it was not what was advertised! Very disappointed. I'd give the food a '3' for effort.

Our main enjoyment were the beaches!

• Stayed October 2013
Surrey england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I travelled here after having worked hard for the last 5 years without a holiday.on reading some of the reviews was a bit concerned over mixed reviews I wish I'd payed more attention to the bad reviews as what a waste of nearly £5,500.00.good points 1. Spotlessly clean 2. Most of the staff were so friendly and helpfull. 3. Beautiful beaches and swimming pools. 4. Gourmet restaurant.Bad points 1. Constant harassment by staff to buy a time share.2. My husband found glass in his mashed potato.3 .mould and spores on ceilings in our villa.( causing my asthma to flare up.) 4. Staff entering our villa daily without waiting for us to open door .5 The food in the restaurants with the exception of gourmet which you are only allowed to dine in once a week.6.we were given a buggy to use that had no steering control and no brakes .
After all the problems we had we were given no reason why the glass was in my husbands food .they were willing to move us to another villa after a week of complaining but only on the condition that we signed a disclaimer saying we would not take any action against them for any of the problems we had there and any we might have relating to my asthma.if they had moved us straight away this would have been acceptable.we were not allowed to pay MORE money to be able to dine in either azul or jazz as we only had a blue VIP band what a joke.My advice don't waste your money as you can experience this type of holiday at any all inclusive resort much nearer to home but with the bonus of being able to see the country you have visited ( you can not leave the resort for safety reasons.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Island New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We rented a villa at Lifestyle again, even after the problems we had on the first day of our last trip. There is something about this place that we really just can not get anywhere else. We rent from a shareholder with excellent guest benefits, so we get to use everything at the resort, except De JA View Beach and Azul restaurant, which are only for shareholders, or at least very high level owners. We went to the other beaches, several restaurants, etc.

Beaches: Lifestyle has added 2 new beaches since last year-Lifestyle VIP and NV, also VIP.
We loved NV Beach. Serenity is lovely, but swimming at NV is far better. The service at NV was wonderful as well. The staff there was very attentive and drinks and pizza there were excellent. We generally do not like pizza outside of the New York area and we both dislike chain pizza places. Here, surprisingly, it really was very good. Like the other beaches, you order from your beach bed, which has a small table on either side, for food and drinks. I ordered mine with the cheese well done, which they listened to both time. They bring it with shakers or oregano and a few other things, along with whatever drinks you order. This beach, I found was the best for swimming in, with soft sand and no large rocks. Beds were comfortable and towels were large, clean and plentiful. Seaweed is removed as much as possible. I highly recommend this beach.
We liked Lifestyle beach quite a bit as well, but preferred NV, which is close to it. Swimming is similar at the two new beaches, with NV being somewhat better. Lifestyle has cold pools (giant Whirlpools with cold water), which were very nice. VIP and Harmony Beaches have these as well. Harmony has the best cold pool, but as far as the VIP beaches, the least consistent service. We did not try the food at Lifestyle Beach, although we did order fries at the fast food place on our way out one afternoon. They were fine.
We went to Serenity, to have crepes for lunch or snacks most days. Serenity is still a beautiful beach and it is cooler than the others because of the breeze. The water is very shallow and rocky. You have to swim out quite far before the water is deep enough to really swim comfortably. It is still a beautiful beach, with excellent drinks and food and very good service, but actual swimming is better at NV, Lifestyle and Harmony. We did not swim at VIP this time, but it was always a great swimming beach in the past.

Our Villa: The owner we rented from was willing to put in writing, that we were to have a villa with working A/C on both levels. The first villa they showed us was beautiful, but very hot. I do not think the A/C was working and they read the letter from the owner and moved us right away. Our next villa was E17, and it was very nice. One night it poured and many small, winged bugs came through the window. They cleaned it right away. We sprayed the outside of the window and they did not come back. We did not sleep in the master bedroom because the A/C was stronger downstairs, but there were only two of us, so we had this option. Our maid cooked us breakfast each morning, egg white omelets with vegetables and bacon, which were very good. To avoid consuming tons of butter, we brought a can of cooking spray from home, which she used each day to keep things at least a tiny bit healthier. The villa and the pool were clean and comfortable. We got plenty of use out of the pool and the ceiling fans, combined with keeping the A/C in the bedroom on high, with the door open, kept the villa comfortable. Keep the curtains closed to prevent the villa from heating up. Also, make sure you get lots of bottled water to keep in the bathrooms for brushing teeth. They will put a five gallon water cooler in the villa for you as well. Make sure you do not clean your toothbrushes with sink water or let the water run into your eyes, nose or mouth in the shower. We did not get sick at all this time and we ate plenty of fresh salad, which we have been nervous about doing in the past.

Dinners and Buffets:
We ate at Jazz twice, VIP Gourmet three times, Indochine and Rodizio, as well as having a BBQ at our villa. The Sunday party was canceled due to expectant rain. All dinners were very good. Rodizio was my favorite this time, with a salad bar and roasted pineapple, as well as freshly roasted meats and excellent chocolate cake. My husband liked Jazz best again. We tried Casablanca and the small buffet at Cofresi for lunch, and weren't thrilled with either. Neither were bad and both had something we found that we liked, but open air, midday is very hot. They had a beef fajita at Casablanca that was very good, but nothing else stands out.

Excursions:
We went to Ocean world, which was fun, as I have written about before. It is a nice trip for a few hours and worth going to, especially since it is included in our package.
We did not want to go shopping in the city. We wanted to go on the cable car and then head back to the resort. We hired a cab for $20 and a guide who works on tips. We tipped him $25 and payed $10 each for the cable car. Guides do not pay for the cable car. Our guide's name was Jose and he stayed with us every second. He was wonderful, explaining all the different plants and showing us what and where everything was. We were there (on top of the mountain) for about two hours or so and it was well worth doing. The power went out for a minute on the way down and the car stopped abruptly and rocked back and forth. I was not expecting that and it did scare me, but all was fine. Renting a cab is easy. Go right outside the gate by Cofresi, as if you were going to Ocean World and haggle. Know what you want and what you want to pay. If you are with a lot of people, it can save a substantial amount of money over a conventional excursion to the same place. Never pay the driver or guide until you get back to the resort!!

We flew on Jetblue, out of JFK and paid $850 for two round trip tickets-no miles this time. This is the only non-stop out of JFK, but someone at the resort said they flew on American, non-stop out of Newark. The Jetblue flight is later than it used to be and we did not get out of the airport until 5:00. We took the helicopter (included in price) from the airport to the resort and we took the limo back to the airport because members were utilizing the helicopter. My husband liked the limo, but we both preferred the helicopter, which takes about ten minutes from door to door.

We had gold bracelets again, but I think NV Beach is a blue bracelet level beach, which means more people can use it, which is nice. This beach also cuts the size of the crowd at VIP, which is good for everyone. The food overall was better than previous trips and the drinks at all VIP beaches and VIP Pool were very good. We saw a magic show at Cofresi one night, that we both enjoyed, and we enjoyed the Thursday night party at VIP Pool as well. There was no foam party, as others have written about. That was disappointing, as was the cancelation of the Sunday night party. We paid the same price for our villa and for our daily all inclusive, as we did last year and the year before. I think the all inclusive may go up soon, as most people pay $85 per person, per day for all inclusive in the villas now. We paid $1160 for eight nights in a three bedroom villa. Our VIP rep was Indiana. She was wonderful. She took care of everything with no hassles of any kind. We have been here four times now, so I can not say for sure that we will be back, but we probably will. I highly recommend staying at the Crown Villas, but make sure you know what your package will include, the color of you bracelet, the price for all inclusive and what transportation you will receive, before booking. Bring any medications you might need, such as anti biotic cream and stomach medication, as well as band aids, which are hard to come by at the resort. We take pro biotics starting two weeks before we go and continue them for a week after getting home, just to be safe and we also ask our doctor for a prescription of Cipro to bring just in case we need it there. There is a 24 hour emergency clinic if you need it, but having your own simple medications will save a small fortune, if needed.

Room Tip: E10 has been our favorite villa so far.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is my 3rd visit this year to Lifestyles, and while my second visit in June was excellent, I am simply in awe following my visit last week. I want to thank Sian Williams who has consistently gone above and beyond to provide outstanding service. I want to express my sincere appreciation and gratitude for Sian; she truly understands the importance of “service” in a customer centric environment. This understanding was demonstrated on Monday, August 19, 2013 when I and several members of my party were unexpectantly stranded in the DR overnight due to overbooked flights. I contacted the resort at 2:00pm and the team immediately began working to identify accommodations for my group. When we arrived back at the resort, Sian was waiting for me with a smile and hug, she immediately confirmed my reservation and we were on our way. As an owner of a travel agency, I have had the opportunity to visit many resorts, but none compare to Lifestyles – Thank You! I also want to share my profound appreciation for Aurora and Julia in the Crown Villas front office, Chantelle, Jeffery, and Dana in VIP services, and lastly my friend at Harmony Beach – Rachael, who all through their commitment to service created outstanding “moments of excellence” for me and my entire party. In this era of hyper-competition, service is the ultimate differentiator and given the outstanding service that I received, there is no question that Lifestyles is and remains the best all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean. It is because of your commitment to service coupled with the care received from your team that I will continue to not only visit and promote Lifestyles through my travel agency, but also continue to invest in Lifestyles for years to come. This is truly an extraordinary and talented team and not to mention beautiful resort to visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I.ve been a member since 2007. Lifestyles has defiantly change since I purchased my timeshare. They have acquired all of the property surrounding them. I love Ito see what else is new every time I return. My 2 favorite places are the crown villas and the presidential suites. This time we stayed at the villas for 2 weeks. We had a chef come to our villa to prepare us breakfast every morning. Our housekeeper Rosa was so sweet. The private pool in our villa was an awesome place to hang out at the end of the day. They even gave us a private BBQ once each week. The large choices of restaurants offer top notch dinning. They have 3 beaches and so many pools to choose from. I definitely don't regret my membership. Their idea of VIP is feeling like loyalty. Can't wait till next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!