Save Saved
You added The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Columbus Torre1 | Playa Confesi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 41 hotels in Puerto Plata
“Excellente!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My first time to the Dominican Republic was excellent. I enjoyed it very much. The entertainment staff made the stay exciting. John Cena and Choco Choco were friendly and fun. A big thanks to the resort. I will definitely return one day. Gracias!

• Stayed February 2013
managementteam55, Manager at The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. We passed them to the mentioned members of our team!
It was our pleasure to host you at Lifestyle Crow and Royal Villas.
Thank you for making our resort the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable vacation.

Sunny regards

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Sudbury, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is my 6th vacation to the Dominican Republic. The resort is very clean and well kept. The food is average and eveything tastes the same, no flavor but again that was expected. There were many areas of this resort that were off limits to up as we were not VIP status. This resort is full of people that are tryng to upsell you to the VIP section. We arrived at 1:30 am and were sleeping in and missed the morning briefing, we were approched by a member of the resort and he assured us that he will show us everything and will help us.We were in the process of trying to find the breakfast buffer. He took us across the street and tried to sell us a timeshare , we have been lied to and manipulated and when we addressed the behavior we were left to walk about 15 minutes back to our side of the resort since we said no to the upselling.
People with a black wrist band were considered priority & rules did not apply to them , they did not have to wait in line like the rest of us. on this holiday we we made to feel like we were second class. The managament didn't care. If not being able to have the things promised to you in the advertisement and having many areas, bars, restaurants and yes even lounge chairs be off limits to you. Literally the staff will tell you your not allowed on this property and have to leave. I was there to relax and be on a vacation and all we(6 of us) felt like we were made to feel like second class

Room Tip: crown villa
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We spent an excellent week at Lifestyles in Puerta Plata. Kudos to Marc Austin who arranged our trip. He informed us upfront of everything we needed to know and there were no surprises. If you book a stay at LIfestyles, make sure you book it through Marc.

Checkin was simple and before we knew it, we were drinking cocktails poolside in our Villa. A word about Julia from VIP services. Always a smile, always helpful, nothing was a problem. Took care of everything. Checked in with me daily to ensure our towels were fresh, our mini bar was stocked and all of our needs were met. Perfect customer service.

We were on the kosher program and I can not say enough about this excellent program. Because of the large number of families, the resort opted for buffet style meals. There was absolutely no disappointment and this is mainly attributed to Executive Chef Alex and Rabbi Levy who work around the clock ensuring that no guests are dissappointed. Very filling breakfasts of fresh omelets, pancakes, eggs, cheese, fresh baked breads. Lunches were either dairy (pasta, fish, etc) or meat (veal chops, tacos, grilled chicken, etc). Dinners were exclusively meat and had tremendous variety. There was always fresh salad to complement the meal and fruit and fresh baked pastries for dessert. In truth, keeping the laws of kosher usually means you need to sacrifice quality and quantity on vacation. Not the case here. Chef Alex ensured that each meal was delicious and even provided some specialized catering to my middle daughter who was really in the mood for cilantro lime grilled chicken for her 14th birthday.

The resort itself is massive with over 15 restaurants, 20 bars and plenty of lounge chairs by the beach or pools. We never had trouble finding the perfect loction to work on our tans. The grounds are well maintained. There are tennis courts with equipment provided by the pro-shop, a full sized basketball court and plenty of areas with wi-FI coverage.

If you observe the laws of kashrut and are looking for a beach vacation, I can't imagine you would want to vacation anywhere else. Chef Alex and Rabbi Levy make an incredible team and we will be vacationing with them for the foreseeable future.

Ely

• Stayed January 2013
It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at Lifestyle Crown and Royal Villas Puerto Plata. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
We passed your nice comments to the rest of the team!
Thank you for making Lifestyle Crown and Royal Villas Puerto Plata the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Staff were friendly! VIP beach was very nice... breakfast every morning was very nice (it was the same every day - but ok)... Having a private pool was the best part! The villa we stayed in V29 had a bedroom downstairs that was flooded with water (also the ajoining bathroom). We did not have anyone stay in that room - so it was not a huge deal at the time. If, however, we would have had someone in that room - that would have been a huge problem. The worst part about the vacation was the food. The food was just bad. Even the Gourmet restaurant that we were excited about - was probably the worst. Mid week, both my husband and I both became ill - our 2 boys did not, so we are thinking it was something alcoholic we drank. Regardless, that put a big dent in our trip. It rained everyday (not the resort's fault) but that did not help any. All in all - it was ok... but next time I think having a spot right on the ocean so we can hear the waves at night and be steps away from the sand - will be our first pick.

Room Tip: Villa 29 is nice (as long as you don't use that one bedroom downstairs)... hopefully they fixed...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
managementteam55, Manager at The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Lauren,
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at our resort. We very much appreciate your feedback, as it is through this medium that we are able to address guest issues and provide a high level of guest satisfaction.
Your comments relating to villa have been referred to our maintenances manager for corrective action.
Even though we know food preferences are personal matter, we always do try to cater to every taste. We regret that you did not find the buffet and a la carte restaurant selection satisfactory. Please note that we work with high quality standards and for the most part, our guests are very pleased with the food variety, taste, presentation and service.
Nevertheless we truly regret that we could not fully meet your expectations and we apologies for any difficulties you may have encountered and we appreciate that you took your valuable time to give us your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was my first vacation outside of the US, and I could not have picked a better place to stay at. The hotel was beautiful and I could honestly say that I did not have a dull moment there at all. The food was great at all the buffets and also at the two restuarants Jazz and Blue Lagoon that my Fransico reserved for us. I enjoyed the four wheeling and the people who ran it were very informative and helpful when it come to actually riding it. Cofresi offered a lot of different excursions to do and at reasonable prices. The workers that worked at the beach from Ocean World were also very friendly and welcoming to do their activities. I have never done parasailing and I have a slight fear of heights but the worker Mosquito made me feel safe. Even when I was getting sea sick on the boat they were very attentive and comforting. The workers who worked at the Animation Center made me feel at home all of the days I stayed there. They were very engaging and attracted me to the activites and games . I even did the dancing lesson ran by Banana and the Olympics ran by Bon Jovi. All the other workers I encountered such as Donkey, Blacky, Bamboo and Barbey were very friendly and always greeted us when they saw us at the pool or beach. Overall, all the employees at this resort were very friendly and pleasant, and never minded helping out or holding a conversation with my friends and I. Besides being with my two friends and having laughs with them, I never laughed so hard with employees from an establishment. I will defintely be returning to this resort, and actually stay the whole week.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at this resort from Jan 17-24, 2013 and were very impressed overall. The food was excellent-lots of variety we went to the buffet every night and passed up reservations to the a-la -carte it was so good. The wait staff and were very cheerful and tried to please at all times. The statios (egg pizza pasta) all moved quickly and were good quality. There was food offering almost 24 hours so you would never go hungry. The beach grill served fries and burgers, again good quality and no waiting. Food was always clearly marked for customers also for those with food issues/allergies.

Pools were amazing always clean and lats of available seating -sun or shade. The ocean to be honest was disappointing smelled of sewage. Does not compare to Cuba or Punta Cana.

Drinks always lots available at the various bars -good variety and minimal wait time by a courteous staff.

Rooms and grounds were immaculate. Stairs are the only challenge if you have mobility or health issues.

All in all i would recommend it highly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

While celebrating New Years (2012) over dinner with another couple last year my buddy mentioned that he had come across a "deal" through Cheap Caribbean Vacations. The deal would turn out be a all inclusive vacation at Life Style resort in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. The cost was about $2,000 per couple and included airfare, hotel and food....everything.

We booked and 3 weeks later we arrived at Lift Style. Understandably because of the expense or should I say inexpensive our accommodations called for us to stay in the hotel style room. Our first room the air didn't work but the staff immediately moved us to another room. Unfortunately the air conditioner compressor leaked water all over the floor near the bathroom but a maintenance man fixed it.

The staff was friendly but the language barrier was challenging until we realized one existed. Staff members knew just enough English to give the impression that understood you, which was better than my complete ignorance of Spanish....you know the language in THEIR country. Once will realized this, we made sure we were all on the same page on requests, which was cool because we all wanted the same thing....for the guests (us) to be happy.

The shows were awesome but unfortunately we missed 3 or 4 nights worth because we ignored all the well placed signs advertizing them (should have put the rum and mango down). The restaurants were so so but I may be biased here. After enjoying a decent meal at the seafood restaurant where I ate something that exceeded my cheapskate allowance per our package, I tried to pay with a credit card. The waiter escorted me to what I thought was the “office” to make payment. It turned out it was a cash machine that was located 200ft from the restaurant! I was like, “no this mother#$%$ didn’t just walk me to a cash machine!” It turned out he they couldn’t take cards at the restaurant. What he didn’t know was I had more than enough cash in my pocket (there goes that communication thing again).

We enjoyed the buffet because there was always something to eat. I would highly recommend the made to order omelets...unless you visit at the same time as me (I want smaller lines).

It was certainly some "classism" going on (how dare they try to operate as a business and turn a profit!). We could only stand outside the gate and look at a member only party (you needed a gold bracelet to enter).

The Sunday extravaganza was spectacular. While I must the food was god awful nasty, I attributed some of this to the horrible down pour. The show was very Las Vegas style and well done. Anytime you can dress up and hang with your favorite girl sans crumb snatchers (children) and friends... what's not to like. Besides, the drinks were wonderful and plentiful.

VIP beach was awesome. Did you need to get your fat lazy butt up and get over there at 8am? Sure, but I then laid my fat lazy butt down on a bed for the next 8 hours while viewing the ocean and eating made to order chicken wings.....did I mention the rum and mango were delicious? Bring lots of one's ($200 for the week) and don't bother exchanging them. A dollar (drink) or $3 (food) kept them coming all day.

I will never book through "Cheap Caribbean Vacations" for this type of vacation because we certainly at times felt/treated like the cheapskates we were (come on $2000 for the week for two..that's cheap) but we are going back in 4 weeks. We booked through Reed and Lisa (owners) and are staying in a Villa.

The benefit of going through owners is certainly the availability to the gold wrist bands, however the major advantage is a knowledgeable owner can help you avoid the landmines because they travel their frequently and want the repeat business.

To combat the language barrier I downloaded a language translator app ($5) on my Ipad. You simply speak into the tablet and it translates what you are saying to Spanish (or another language) it also works in reverse. An added benefit is I can now curse at my wife without winding up on the sofa.

My family vacations twice a year; were there some challenges? Sure, but we have added Life Style to our vacation rotation.

Room Tip: Do your home work. Know what to expect and plan for it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Christopher,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experiences with us. Our ultimate aim is to provide service excellence; our guests’ feedback shifts our focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist throughout our Resort and helps us improve the quality of our services and facilities.
It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at Lifestyle Crown and Royal Villas Puerto Plata and we are glad to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
Thank you for making Lifestyle Crown and Royal Villas Puerto Plata the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Been to The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!