“Ok place... but will not be back” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

and 1 more site!
You added The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Columbus Torre1 | Playa Confesi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Rochester, Minnesota
“Ok place... but will not be back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Staff were friendly! VIP beach was very nice... breakfast every morning was very nice (it was the same every day - but ok)... Having a private pool was the best part! The villa we stayed in V29 had a bedroom downstairs that was flooded with water (also the ajoining bathroom). We did not have anyone stay in that room - so it was not a huge deal at the time. If, however, we would have had someone in that room - that would have been a huge problem. The worst part about the vacation was the food. The food was just bad. Even the Gourmet restaurant that we were excited about - was probably the worst. Mid week, both my husband and I both became ill - our 2 boys did not, so we are thinking it was something alcoholic we drank. Regardless, that put a big dent in our trip. It rained everyday (not the resort's fault) but that did not help any. All in all - it was ok... but next time I think having a spot right on the ocean so we can hear the waves at night and be steps away from the sand - will be our first pick.

Room Tip: Villa 29 is nice (as long as you don't use that one bedroom downstairs)... hopefully they fixed...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
managementteam55, Manager at The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Lauren,
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at our resort. We very much appreciate your feedback, as it is through this medium that we are able to address guest issues and provide a high level of guest satisfaction.
Your comments relating to villa have been referred to our maintenances manager for corrective action.
Even though we know food preferences are personal matter, we always do try to cater to every taste. We regret that you did not find the buffet and a la carte restaurant selection satisfactory. Please note that we work with high quality standards and for the most part, our guests are very pleased with the food variety, taste, presentation and service.
Nevertheless we truly regret that we could not fully meet your expectations and we apologies for any difficulties you may have encountered and we appreciate that you took your valuable time to give us your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was my first vacation outside of the US, and I could not have picked a better place to stay at. The hotel was beautiful and I could honestly say that I did not have a dull moment there at all. The food was great at all the buffets and also at the two restuarants Jazz and Blue Lagoon that my Fransico reserved for us. I enjoyed the four wheeling and the people who ran it were very informative and helpful when it come to actually riding it. Cofresi offered a lot of different excursions to do and at reasonable prices. The workers that worked at the beach from Ocean World were also very friendly and welcoming to do their activities. I have never done parasailing and I have a slight fear of heights but the worker Mosquito made me feel safe. Even when I was getting sea sick on the boat they were very attentive and comforting. The workers who worked at the Animation Center made me feel at home all of the days I stayed there. They were very engaging and attracted me to the activites and games . I even did the dancing lesson ran by Banana and the Olympics ran by Bon Jovi. All the other workers I encountered such as Donkey, Blacky, Bamboo and Barbey were very friendly and always greeted us when they saw us at the pool or beach. Overall, all the employees at this resort were very friendly and pleasant, and never minded helping out or holding a conversation with my friends and I. Besides being with my two friends and having laughs with them, I never laughed so hard with employees from an establishment. I will defintely be returning to this resort, and actually stay the whole week.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at this resort from Jan 17-24, 2013 and were very impressed overall. The food was excellent-lots of variety we went to the buffet every night and passed up reservations to the a-la -carte it was so good. The wait staff and were very cheerful and tried to please at all times. The statios (egg pizza pasta) all moved quickly and were good quality. There was food offering almost 24 hours so you would never go hungry. The beach grill served fries and burgers, again good quality and no waiting. Food was always clearly marked for customers also for those with food issues/allergies.

Pools were amazing always clean and lats of available seating -sun or shade. The ocean to be honest was disappointing smelled of sewage. Does not compare to Cuba or Punta Cana.

Drinks always lots available at the various bars -good variety and minimal wait time by a courteous staff.

Rooms and grounds were immaculate. Stairs are the only challenge if you have mobility or health issues.

All in all i would recommend it highly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

While celebrating New Years (2012) over dinner with another couple last year my buddy mentioned that he had come across a "deal" through Cheap Caribbean Vacations. The deal would turn out be a all inclusive vacation at Life Style resort in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. The cost was about $2,000 per couple and included airfare, hotel and food....everything.

We booked and 3 weeks later we arrived at Lift Style. Understandably because of the expense or should I say inexpensive our accommodations called for us to stay in the hotel style room. Our first room the air didn't work but the staff immediately moved us to another room. Unfortunately the air conditioner compressor leaked water all over the floor near the bathroom but a maintenance man fixed it.

The staff was friendly but the language barrier was challenging until we realized one existed. Staff members knew just enough English to give the impression that understood you, which was better than my complete ignorance of Spanish....you know the language in THEIR country. Once will realized this, we made sure we were all on the same page on requests, which was cool because we all wanted the same thing....for the guests (us) to be happy.

The shows were awesome but unfortunately we missed 3 or 4 nights worth because we ignored all the well placed signs advertizing them (should have put the rum and mango down). The restaurants were so so but I may be biased here. After enjoying a decent meal at the seafood restaurant where I ate something that exceeded my cheapskate allowance per our package, I tried to pay with a credit card. The waiter escorted me to what I thought was the “office” to make payment. It turned out it was a cash machine that was located 200ft from the restaurant! I was like, “no this mother#$%$ didn’t just walk me to a cash machine!” It turned out he they couldn’t take cards at the restaurant. What he didn’t know was I had more than enough cash in my pocket (there goes that communication thing again).

We enjoyed the buffet because there was always something to eat. I would highly recommend the made to order omelets...unless you visit at the same time as me (I want smaller lines).

It was certainly some "classism" going on (how dare they try to operate as a business and turn a profit!). We could only stand outside the gate and look at a member only party (you needed a gold bracelet to enter).

The Sunday extravaganza was spectacular. While I must the food was god awful nasty, I attributed some of this to the horrible down pour. The show was very Las Vegas style and well done. Anytime you can dress up and hang with your favorite girl sans crumb snatchers (children) and friends... what's not to like. Besides, the drinks were wonderful and plentiful.

VIP beach was awesome. Did you need to get your fat lazy butt up and get over there at 8am? Sure, but I then laid my fat lazy butt down on a bed for the next 8 hours while viewing the ocean and eating made to order chicken wings.....did I mention the rum and mango were delicious? Bring lots of one's ($200 for the week) and don't bother exchanging them. A dollar (drink) or $3 (food) kept them coming all day.

I will never book through "Cheap Caribbean Vacations" for this type of vacation because we certainly at times felt/treated like the cheapskates we were (come on $2000 for the week for two..that's cheap) but we are going back in 4 weeks. We booked through Reed and Lisa (owners) and are staying in a Villa.

The benefit of going through owners is certainly the availability to the gold wrist bands, however the major advantage is a knowledgeable owner can help you avoid the landmines because they travel their frequently and want the repeat business.

To combat the language barrier I downloaded a language translator app ($5) on my Ipad. You simply speak into the tablet and it translates what you are saying to Spanish (or another language) it also works in reverse. An added benefit is I can now curse at my wife without winding up on the sofa.

My family vacations twice a year; were there some challenges? Sure, but we have added Life Style to our vacation rotation.

Room Tip: Do your home work. Know what to expect and plan for it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Christopher,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experiences with us. Our ultimate aim is to provide service excellence; our guests’ feedback shifts our focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist throughout our Resort and helps us improve the quality of our services and facilities.
It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at Lifestyle Crown and Royal Villas Puerto Plata and we are glad to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
Thank you for making Lifestyle Crown and Royal Villas Puerto Plata the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Home away home!

This is my sixth time at hotel and I just can said that I got another family in the Caribbean.

This time I when for 2 weeks in different villas. The first villa was E22 (5 bedroom villa), it was very old and far but very familiar an intimate. It's go if you want to rest and forget all.
And my second villa was rv21, I loved this villa, it has a fantastic accommodation, and location, I don't have nothing bad to say about this villa.

Willy, is the best shuttle driver picked me up every night wherever I was and helped me got home.

About about food: I loved all restaurants that I visited ( jazz, Bellini, azul, simple gourmet, trapiche, rodidzio, blue lagoon (intimate room), BBQ and personal chef at villas with Manuel chef)
Oh, creeps! And tapas Are so amazing, I love it.
Deja view staff ( Alan, Brenda, Mirelys, Lordy, Micael, Adonis, brigido, jose, Edison, the chefs, etc) are the best and always make you feel at home.

The snack at blue lagoon is horrible, the worst that I have tasted in my life. Go there just for an emergency.

Areas.. Well I loved all ( harmony, VIP pool, nv beach, serenity, cofresi palm) but I spent the most of my time at déjà view and tropical.

New year's party and welcome party were good, just they need a bit more of organization and space. ( shareholder area for new year eve was horrible, we didn't have space)

To finish, the shows and and animation (choco choco, darinel, caramelo, puti, hector, jonny bravo, blacky, elvis, barbie, roberto, etc) time always surprise me with new things!!

I can't wait to come back and see my lifestyle family again!!

SH#194

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Daniela,
Thank you so much for your nice comments and taking your valuable time to share your experiences with us. Our ultimate aim is to provide service excellence; our guests’ feedback shifts our focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist throughout our Resort and helps us improve the quality of our services and facilities.It was our pleasure to host you once again at Lifestyle Crow and Royal Villas. Thank you for making our resort the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable vacation.

Sunny regards from your 2nd home

Waterloo, il
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Ahhh... So glad to be back home! If that doesn't say it here it goes. The weather was very bad but that has nothing to do with the resort except the Sunday Party was cancelled. Oh, yes, nothing else to do when it rains, bathroom or bedroom upstairs flooding, took three big blue towels each day to soak up the water leaking in and then also leaking into the room below. If you decide to go, do not have the person cook breakfast for you unless you get up so late you can not make it to the buffet. Same food, but more of a variety and fresh if you go to buffet. Now, while I'm at it, the food at the place is not good at all. Only two places were half way decent, the Mexican and the Italian. Even the Azul (Very VIP) which we were allowed to eat at because the Sunday Party was cancelled, was to put it mildly (very bad, awful).
All we have to say, six of us, is that the service was great (we tipped very well) bugs were everywhere (spiders, millipedes or centipedes, flies, nats) in room. Ohhh.... Do you need more? We were bit up by bugs in the room at night. big hole in bedspread almost had 60 year old on the floor trying to get out of bed when foot caught in the hole.
The wine (red and white) is awful, the refrigerator stinks! really stinks. We think it was the cheese they provide each day. We tipped way too much, 10 each day to the person cooking that breakfast and "cleaning" each day and then a tip to the golf carts that picked us up in the rain, the waiters, the luggage guys, the shuttle drivers, .... on and on and on......If you want to be a charitable person and provide this area of the world money through tourism then by all means go ahead, but know what you are getting into. Again, the workers are great, the food awful and the alcohol not very good at all. We are not very picky people on the norm. We were not happy campers. Well, maybe if we camped, we'd be happy.

Room Tip: If you want good food and high end alcohol do not go here. If you want nice friendly service then g...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stafford, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was my second time at this resort. The first time we stayed in the Presidential Suites - they are awesome but You cannot get a golf cart so we opted for the Villa. We paid for a 6 bedroom villa but got two villas that were 3 bedroom each. They were side by side. We rented from a member that said they were Supreme Members. We learned later that unless you are a member you only can get Villas reserved for "guests". They are older, less equipped and in need of major repairs. Here are the pros and cons. Pros: more space, golf cart with each villa, private pool and breakfast in your villa. Cons: Older units, fewer amenities (most days we could not even get towels, some rooms had no wastebaskets or TV's). The villa was on a main road and it was very noisy. Beds were uncomfortable and everyday was a new maintenance problem. We had water leaking after every rain, toilets breaking and sinks that clogged. The breakfast that everyone is talking about is semi prepared when brought to your villa. The "maid" yes the same person cleaning your toilet with no gloves, is making your breakfast. This could be a great place to stay but for the money we paid, I expect better. I wont be staying in the Villas again until they are all upgraded or I can stay in something updated. Also, if you have allergies or breathing issues stay away. The bedroom downstairs had mold, mildew issues. The resort needs to pay its Direct TV bill. The warning that the service would be disconnected unless the bill was paid keep flashing on the TV's. Crazy!!

Room Tip: Unless you are with a Share Owner (black band) don't bother with the Villas. They are seriously...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Beverly,

We apologize that this time we could not fully meet your expectations but hope that you will give us another opportunity and visit again at Lifestyle Crown and Royal Villas in the near future. Please feel free to contact me for any assistance you may need.

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Been to The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!