“Not recommended” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

You added Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Cofresi Beach, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Formerly Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas)   |
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Not recommended”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Seems lovely at first. Staff is gracious and resort is well maintained. Value seemed good for all inclusive. We had done an exchange through RCI and had two villas. We did go to the sales meeting, and they did not exert too much pressure. However once we said no, the level of attentiveness dropped dramatically. Food was poor at all the restaurants. Drinks were terrible. Resort was quite noisy with helicopter flying overhead constantly, motorcycles and trucks driving and lots of exhaust fumes from these and the golf carts. Seems not designed to walk around - every one is riding. Our shower constantly flooded the bathroom. Most offensive is the fact that some beaches, restaurants and pool areas are off limits if you are not a certain level.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

We returned to the same spot we stayed at last year to learn we were upgraded from a 1 bdrm suite to a 2 bdrm version, we were so happy....then 2 days later we became members at the Penthouse level, and they upgraded us again for the rest of our stay to the Presidential Suites, which are very grand but would have been nice to have reliable water/ac service during our stay. They blamed it on construction in that area for the new PS suites going up...just not a good 1st impression was all for us. Overall we were comfortable and were left alone after we signed the contract....until next year I am sure, then it will start over again. You just have to learn how to play the game and you will be fine. Serenity Beach is the best place to relax, and beats all the other beaches hands down. The only negative thing during this trip was the $10/night all inclusive deals that brought in extra people for 3-5 night stays which affected the noise levels and crowds that were very rude (at times it was like spring break and being around drunk teens/20 something people). We paid good hard earned money to go on vacation here and felt that the resort owed us more than to open their doors for a $10/night bargain basement offer. Are they so desperate for business?

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

We went after driving 9 hours from delightful Punta Cana. Although paying a similar amount of money we were brought to a corner of this big 'resort'. Thank God we had a rented car. Otherwise you must be shuttled and totally dependent on ineficient and rude staff. Domenicans are very nice, but people there have issues.

The first surprise was that there is no internet in the rooms, and whatsmore hot water! We decided to eat at the so-called italian downstairs which is our worst restaurant experience ever. The food in the disaster buffet was not cleaned nor cooked. The spaguetti carbonara looked like something I prefer not to mention.

After that we headed to the beach. It was NOT blue. Contrary to what is advertised. Tricked pictures. It had no beach beds or anything. The sand all wet. So we decided to go to the pool. The presumed assistance place 'had no more clean towels'. The pool water was dirty and full of chemicals. My eyes burnt. The wet "bar" served awful cocktails.

Increasingly dissapointed the activities made it worst. Besides, ridicoulous practices as advertising huge panels all over (when you already there!) I suggest they spend the money of interior adversting in improving the quality of the service. Among numerous things, if close down.

At the second day, a "funny" animator insisted calling around 5 times early morning for giving the "welcome present" A t-shirt and cap with more advertising. We tried other restaurants. Not as bad as the italian but awful anyway.

Finally, 3 days before the expected departure, we left that place to never be back again.

Funny enough, in Punta Cana -Majestic Elegance- we found all the antagonisms of this hell of a place. Good food, people, fun, blue amazing beach and everything you can dream of.

Not kidding. Stay out of Lifestyle Crown, or cancel your booking.

Truely.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed in this resort with our parents and other family members. We rented a villa from a member of the resort and were treated amazingly well. For $57.50 per day per person for the all inclusive and for $1200 per week for the whole villa (3 bedrooms), I cannot imagine a better value. We were also provided with free airport transfers. The resort is beautiful and there are so any different restaurants. We were able to go to a new restaturant each night. We especially enjoyed the VIP Restaurant and The VIP Beach and Pool. If you rent through a member that has platinum status like we did, you are entitled to these extras that are provided to the Resort's members. We were really stunned by the beauty of the resort and villas. Having a view of the mountains while sititng at our private villa with pool and having our cook make us breakfast every morning was a real treat. After that , we would head to the private VIP Beach and lay on the beautiful Beach beds and enjoy the sun. At night, we were treated to a new restaurant every night and amazing shows. Everyone in our family was really stunned by the $57.50 per person all inclusive. We like to eat and drink and certainly got our monies worth. The $57.50 would cover one round of drinks in New York. Here we were able to order anything and everything from the menus and drink top shelf liquor all day long! We would highly recommend this vacation to everyone. Our group ranged in age from 3 to 65 and everyone had a great time. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our trip or this resort.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

my husband and i stayed here for our first wedding anniversary, we had been before and stayed with family members in a superb villa, as it was just the two of us we settled on the 1 bed presidential suite. On arrival at the resort we were immediately taken to our room which totally took my breath away it was beautiful, clean spacious and with a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. We unpacked and studied the reams of information left by the concierge team. All the restaurants were pretty good, some meals not so special but on the whole i was pleased and neither of us got sick. The drinks were very good, all unlimited and branded alcohol we just asked and it came, fab. Went on some of the trips, like paradise island, ocean world and a snorkeling trip. All excellent and a great time was had by both of us. The resort itself is very well looked after, clean and beautifully presented. The beach was lovely we had great fun in the waves, serenity beach was more peaceful and shaded which made a perfect place to escape the sun and snooze. All the pools, and there are loads, were clean and well looked after, we watched daily as the staff cleaned the pool sides and area at the crack of dawn. Loungers were aplenty and ours at the presidential poolside were like beds with huge umbrellas. There is a lack of evening entertainment, the one night we stayed up late the disco was totally empty so we never bothered, we choose to go to bed early and rise with the sun in the morning, or least my husband did, i had difficulty getting out of the bed which was heavenly and big! The sunday party was excellent, i danced for hours after the show i was shattered but it was the best night. All the staff were very lovely, in particular our rep Emma, she was a delight and was always happy to help us with any queries, i couldn't get english tea bags and bless her, Emma, lent me some of hers, now thats it service. We did get asked to go along to the meetings to discuss upgrades, but it was fine if your not interested be polite and they soon understand. All in all this was the best holiday i have had, i have been an avid fan of Sandals but it think this surpasses Sandals apart from the food, that is one area thats still needs some tweaking. Have fun, relax and enjoy we recommend this wholeheartedly.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Well, needless to say I am shocked by the lower reviews. I just returned 2 days ago from LHVC with my husband and 2 children ages 7 and 11.

For me, this was my 3rd trip in 14 months.
For my family it was their 2nd in 14 months.

We are planning to return again in the summer.

Our first visit was 2/09 which was a super busy holiday week, Presidents week and they were packed! You would think that at any time of the year that would be the week that whatever could go wrong would....but it didn't. We were in a 2 bedroom suite up on the hill. We had a beautiful view! Every day we had the bar stocked with whatever we wanted. It was clean to a point of both my husband and I commenting. was it fancy??? NO! was it comfortable? YES! We were in the room maybe and hour before bed and an hour after we woke up because there was so much to do in the resort. So for that, it was PERFECT. It had a working dvd player (I was shocked!) and free rental of dvds!!! and I am talking about 150 of them to choose from! the kids were in heaven...and we got a few moments of private mommy/daddy time! We met 2 amazing families with children one from the states and one from Canada. To this day we still have dinner with them and talk on the phone and email! They also loved their vacation. The restaurants were good, I did not like the italian or the asian...but so what?? there were 6 others to choose from. And excuse me.....food 24/7??? are you on a cruise? I travel extensively around the world on a monthly basis and I have NEVER stayed in a hotel, resort whatever with 24/7 food! who on earth needs that? The food quality as I said was good, with Blue Lagoon being top choice and Mexican. The buffet was....ok....but great for the kids with the amazing amount of choices. By far the VIP restaurants were the best. BTW....if you go as a guest through RCI you get a blue VIP bracelet so you can attend the VIP party, the VIP world and beach.

Ok...next trip. May 09. Girls weekend. This time we rented a villa, it was a quiet time of year so they had some open and we went as an RCI member (as we did the 1st time). We had 3 bedrooms, a private pool, outdoor shower, catered breakfast with a housekeeper each day. We were all moms and were blown away at the fact someone was going to cook for us every morning. My girlfriends were very impressed with the entire vacation and have already booked to go back with their families. Again, all top shelf drinks, great food, parties and lots of blissful rest. No issues at all!

When my family began talking about spring break this year they all wanted to go back...again! This time we bought. Yes we are owners and are extremely happy. We have had nothing but excellent service, friendly help, amazing dinners without ever a mix up in our reservations. It has been a first class visit each time. Last weeks trip was for 10days. I got the villa I asked for, no problems. We had a wonderful housekeeper, no problems.

In fact, this time when we arrived we landed (by heli) on the roof of the brand new sales/customer service building. We were greeted with champage and taken down to the new restuarant and given a welcome appetizer. After that we filled out a new form for our dinner reservations so that we are sure to get the restaurant we want at the time we want on the day we want. it all went perfect each and every night. There were 2 amazing new additions to the facility.
1. 2 new restaurants. The food was AMAZING...the new chef has drastically improved the quality and variety of dishes. Jazz is a New Orleans, southern style cooking. We had 4 people waiting on us. We went twice!
2. A new VIP beach....which was a total surprise. It is called Serenity Beach and it was quiet..well except for one instance. A group of very loud adults showed up and was disruptive..we actually moved away from them. Within 10 minutes 2 guards came over and the next thing I knew they were gone. So I was happy to see that they are keep the area serene.

Overall I was extremely impressed with what they have done with the resort in additions and upgrades over the past 14 months since our first visit. Is this a scam????hardly. I dont know about you, but when I build new buildings, buy more hotels and build new villas it costs money and a lot of it! I would agree if they had taken our money and the place has gotten worse, of course!! But the improvements have probably totaled over 10 million in one year. Very impressive.

On a last note...............a HUGE pet peeve of mine.
Again, we travel all over the world. Some 5 star hotels at 600 a night and some very basic hostel type hotels for 25 a night.
Please, Please, PLEASE....research where you are going. The internet has access to millions if not billions of pictures. The Dominican Republic is a depressed, poor third world country. Plain and simple. Are you going to see poverty???? OF COURSE!, will you see children without clothes? YES! are the cities safe to walk in? NO!! You stay in your resort or you go on tours that YOUR RESORT takes you on...not one that you buy from a homeless person on the beach. Please people, you have been given common sense. Please use it when you travel.

I really hope that others will do more research about this amazing country. The pure beauty is incredible. I have gone snorkeling on a coral reef that I could walk to from the beach. My 7 year old fed and pet a rainbow fish! He still is talking about it..just magical. The island people are kind and generous and they understand that tourism keeps their country afloat.

I hope this helps clear a few things up.

Also renting from the owner is a huge advantage to your experience. You can always contact us and we can help you!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

This was my second trip to the DR, I have been many places but this was the best vacation ever. The staff was wonderful very polite, friendly. willing to offer advise when i asked for it. The rooms very nice and clean ( however I travel w/ my candles ) refridgerator kept filled with Beer, water and Soda's . The Bellini Restaurant was ok, I preferred the Casa Blanca or the Vip restaurant. The Vip beaches was lovely, The sushi bar excellent. Only complaint I had was the pushy / agressive sells men, trying to get guest to invest in the property when you tell them no you are not interested they should leave you alone. I wanted to relax and not worry about some man chasing me down the stairs.
I will return to the DR in the near future

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!