Save Saved
You added Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Cofresi Beach, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Formerly Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas)   |
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just returned from a week stay at the Presidential Suites section of thre Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort. We stayed as guests of a member so we did have the gold VIP wristbands which do provide access to the almost every restaurant/bar/beach on the resort. We found the presidential suite accomodations very nice- The rooms were exceptionally clean upon our arrival and was maintained to the same standard throughout our stay. Our "neighborhood' bar, the Bourbon Street Bar was very close by, and the bartenders Silvio and Ricardo not only made fine cocktails, expressos etc but were overall very helpful and enjoyable during our stay. The breakfast buffetts are generally the same throughout the resort but there are numerous restaurants for lunch and dinner choices . one of our favorites for lunch was Anja's on the 4th floor of the tower, and El Pilon and Jazz were our favorite restaurants for dinner- Is this five star "foodie worthy" dining? I would say not, but we found it to be very acceptaple especially considering the size of the resort and the number of restaurants they have. We did do a few excoursions during our stay - a visit to Puerto Plata and a tram up to the top of Mt Isabel De Torres, a trip to Paradise Island to snorkel, as well as a visit to Ocean World- all very fun and interesting- All in all a very fun vacation. one last coment- Tipping- We found the majority of the employees wiorking at the resort as well as on the excoursions to be very friendly, attentive and helpful and we tipped accordingly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend took me here for my birthday and this was by far my favorite resort that i have stayed at in Puerto Plata. The service was outstanding they had drinks waiting for us as we waited to check in. The food was amazing so many choices I will have to go back just to try the few i had no time to visit. The entertainment was great every night was something new. The foam party and fireworks on Sunday was the best.

Room Tip: corner suites on first floor are nice and very quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The Management T, Manager at Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for posting a review about your experience among us and for choosing Presidential Suites by Lifestyle for your holidays.

We are very glad to read your positive feedback about our services. We really appreciate your nice comments about the food, the room and specially our entertainers.

We will be pleased to welcome you back again, and please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival to help you to enjoy your next visit.

Yours sincerely,

Fergus, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a beautiful resort. The Presidential Suites are nice, with Ricardo at the bar being easily one of their best employees. Nothing ever seems over crowded. The VIP beaches are beautiful. If they could get their customer service issues and the food figured out this would be 5 stars.

Although I paid for VIP I only ate at one VIP restaurant. The VIP desk at the Presidential Suites was useless. To get any results I had to speak with supervisors at the Tower. No one else was able to do anything. As a guest member who booked through a shareholder I was third in line for any reservations. The buffets are horrible which they had me originally signed up for most nights. I was able to get some changes but only one VIP restaurant.

I would have thought that the poor customer service was due to us being guest members but found that they did not treat members any better. Many members were complaining how they had been treated as shareholders rule and many had been bumped and only found out about changes to their reservations once they arrived.

Our Sunday VIP party was cancelled due to weather but was not replaced by anything.

It is too bad that they cannot get their customer service right as this resort has the potential to be great. It was a frustrating experience. If they had told me straight up that I would not get to eat at some of the VIP restaurants and would have to eat multiple meals at a buffet I might have reconsidered my decision to go to this resort. We won't be going back and unless you are a shareholder or if you don't mind a buffet I suggest you reconsider.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We lament the experiences you had to go through during your stay at Presidential Suites by Lifestyle. We take into consideration all of our guest´s opinions and experiences as they help improve our services and facilties.

Having said this, we reassure you this feedback is taken seriously as a constructive opinion that allow us to detect errors and enhance our operations as well as other customer´s experiences.

Best regards.

The Management.
Patchogue, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Puchi Puchi and John Cena were awesome ! at their jobs. We made great friends with them. They made our experience memorable! Their energy was so contagious, they were filled with energy and got everyone around them involved.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Presidential Suites by Lifestyle as the hotel to enjoy your vacation. We are very glad to read that you had a great vacation and we will congratulate Puchi Puchi & Jhon Cena about your nice comments regarding them.

We hope to see you back soon in our lovely hotel.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic but have been to many Caribbean islands. First off we were met at the airport arriving and departing by men INSISTING on grabbing our bags and carrying the full five or ten feet to and from the van. That's it! Then insisting on a tip. Right off the bat I am not feeling this. I am a generous tipper in general but don't pretend to work for it, do nothing and put your hand out. In the US the skycaps actually perform a service which I am happy to tip for. This was just obnoxious. After a harrowing trip to the resort we were greeted by a wonderful front desk staff and a nice drink to start the vacation. We were assigned a two bedroom condo and it was exactly as the website showed. Large, clean and nicely furnished. Our favorite part was the expansive balcony in which we played games and did our morning work outs. The pool at the P.S. was beautiful, clean and never crowded. The bar had a nice assortment of fruity drinks but if that's not your thing they have most spirits and will make what you want. There is only one type of beer that was pretty good according to my husband. I am a wine drinker but the one type of wine they offer is gross. Stick with the fruity drinks!
We were traveling through an RCI trade and were given blue VIP wristbands. As stated in many other reviews, the wristbands tell you where you can and cannot go. All in all there were a couple of beaches and restaurants we couldn't go to but really don't feel we missed out as there was so much we could do.
Here are the positives of the resort:
--VIP beach - get there early to claim your spot. The beds are luxurious and the view phenomenal. There is a small lunch menu but the food is marginal at best.
--Shuttle service - the resort is enormous. We enjoy lots of walking but when we wanted a ride we never waited more than a few minutes for a shuttle to pick us up and take us anywhere on the grounds.
--The Sunday welcome party is not to be missed. It is a spectacle and has the best food of the week.
--The front desk staff made our nightly dinner reservations for us. We were able to pick where we wanted to go (with a few exceptions) and they took care of the rest.
--The restaurants Jazz, Simply Gourmet and Blue Lagoon were very good. The rest were mediocre at best.
--The weather!! 85-90 everyday! Sunny with a few showers which passed quickly.
--The staff was helpful and friendly everywhere we went.

The other side of the coin (ie. negatives):
--I'm surprised I haven't read in any other reviews that you CANNOT flush the TP!! This was a shock for me. Surprised no one mentioned it before. There are signs near all toilets to throw the TP in the trash. Not a deal breaker but could be gross if you know what I mean!
--Food at the buffets is poor quality, lots of carbs and not a lot of fresh fruit. The juice is like sugar water and bacon is raw. If you are gluten free or have allergies, good luck!
--The place is enormous, which may be a positive for some. We are avid walkers but I don't see how the elderly or handicapped could easily get around.
--The Brazilian restaurant offered a few types of overcooked meat on a skewer. Not a real brazilian steakhouse as advertised.
--The workout center is old and limited. Do the hills outside instead!
--The biggest negative and the deal breaker for me: TIMESHARE SALES!! While they insist it's not a timeshare, its a vacation club....Potato, Potato.... The salespeople hunt you down on your first day and push until you agree to their tour of the property, just to show you around! Then proceed to let you know why RCI (whom we are there through) is terrible and theirs is the way to go. After an hour and half we finally ran for the door. This is the only reason we will most definitely not be going back. The other stuff evens out but being stalked is no fun.

All in all we had a fun time and the positives outweighed the negatives but there are a lot of other places to see so onward!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road which is loud early in the morning and late at night.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
The Management T, Manager at Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Presidential Suites by Lifestyle.

We appreciate the observations concerning the service at the hotel, and we are sorry that we were not able to impress you. We are in the business to bring an enjoyable and excellent experience to all of our guests. The few times that we do encounter an unhappy guest we address the issue immediately and turn the challenge into an opportunity.
We must say that the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality and variety of food and drinks has always been very elevated according to the opinions reflected in our satisfaction questionnaires.
Besides, the selection of products that compose our gastronomically supply is done taking into consideration the diversity of the guests who visit us.
We sincerely regret that the quality of the food and beverages offered in our Hotel have not met your expectations after all.
We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulty you may have experienced during your stay.

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just returned from our trip to the Dominican. We were a group of 2 couples. It was the first visit to the DR for everyone but my wife. Unlike a few reviews I read, there was nothing unexpected about the check in procedure. We were promised Gold bands and received those. We were a little bummed that the first night we couldn't make dinner reservations. But, it wasn't our first time at an all inclusive and had experienced that before.

For the room, it was quite nice. The TVs could stand to be a little larger in all 3 rooms but, who goes to the beach to watch TV? The bathrooms were very nice and cleaned daily. The patio was large. Our suite backed up to the basketball court and tennis court between the Confressi complex. My only complaint about the room was the gap between the floor and doors to the suites. 1 night I woke up to see a rather large water bug scurrying down the hallway towards our luggage. I only saw 1 other (outside on a pathway) the rest of our trip. For such a large resort near a lot of water, it didn't bother me at all.

The food was decent. I honestly expected a bit more. The only meal experience to exceed my expectations was dinner at the Jazz. The breakfast buffets are pretty hit and miss. The bacon is undercooked most of the time but, its edible. We ate at the buffets twice while their. Once was the first night, and the other time was after eating at Indochin. The meal there wasn't edible. Bellini's was pretty awful as well. The food on the beaches and at the bars was much better however. Harmony, Serenity, and the VIP Sports bar (chicken wings) were our favorite dining experiences outside of Jazz.

The beaches were clean when I was there and the wait staff at them all were more than friendly. Sometimes we tipped. Other times we didn't if we only had large bills. They always had a smile and came back with the same frequency each time. They often helped us look for seating at the beach when we arrived later in the afternoons. Oh yeah, why do the beaches close so darn early?

The pool at the Tropica was our favorite. The volleyball net and the basketball goal at the pool were awesome. We play ping pong too so that was fun. None of them were very busy either. My complaint again is the closing time. The bars at the Presidential, Confresi, and Tropical stay open until around 10 or 11. No sense for the pools to close at 6.

We used the shuttles a bunch at first. We tried walking the first day there and probably wasted 20 minutes getting lost. After taking the shuttles for the next 2 days, we learned the short cuts and were able to make it to most places by foot in under 10 minutes. Serenity is really the only place you can't walk to on the resort from the Presidential Suites. The shuttles were all pretty quick. The longest we waited for a pickup was about 5 minutes.

The welcome party on Sunday is a must see. Once again, the wait staff is awesome. We were about 30 minutes late because I slipped walking up the stairs to a beach and had a bum big toe so we had to take care when wrapping it . They managed to find or create a table for at the front of the stage next to the shareholders area. The guy that found it refused a tip at that. I still forced one into his hands though. It was a crazy party and the food there was awesome.

We weren't hounded after the 2nd day about the presentation for buying. And, that was only 1 time. We were tricked into going buy telling us we were getting a tour. Once we realized what it was, we asked to see the Villa and were refused. We left the presentation after that. Funny enough, we are still considering becoming members.

We are planning 3 trips back right now. A couples trip with a few more couples to get a Villa & and golf cart. A girls trip for the ladies and a guy's trip for the guy's.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Presidential Suites by Lifestyle. We would like to thank you for your comments. Your feedback will provide motivation and confidence to keep working to satisfy our customers and improve our service.

We are really sorry that we did not meet your expectations about the food, anyhow we appreciate that you took your time to write this review.

We hope to see you back soon

Best Regards,

Hartford, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our rooms were spacious and clean. Minor issue, was fixed quickly, and followed up on with management.

We chose to purchase. Service, and our experience were phenomenal from there on!

Like everything membership has its pluses

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Presidential Suites by Lifestyle. We would like to thank you for your kind comments. Your feedback will provide motivation and confidence to keep working to satisfy our customers and improve our service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again and continue providing the most unforgettable experiences.

The Management

Been to Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!