“Spoiled rotten for a week!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Save Saved
You added Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Cofresi Beach, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Formerly Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas)   |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Spoiled rotten for a week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

First off, this is a review being posted by a member of the resort. First and foremost this is a vacation club, and its members are served differently from non-members. All told, we had 7 folks in our party, including my family of 5 with three little kiddos all under the age of 7. This is our 4th time making a trip down to Lifestyles, and my first time in a Villa.

The Villas are slightly dated, but well appointed. It is not the sleek, modern look of the Presidential Suites at the resort. Everything was clean and comfortable, and the villa was stocked with all that we needed as a family. Our House maid was wonderful, and the chef that came to cook us breakfast (this comes with our level of membership) was also fantastic as well. The outdoor living area with the pool was really the highlight with our family, especially the kiddos who enjoyed their 6:00 AM swim (let's say they were excited to be on vacation). This would not have been possible in the other areas of the resort!

Overall, the dining was as great as always. It would be nice if they "freshened" up the menus somewhat. In some ways it was nice to go into a restraurant and not even look at the menu to know what you were ordering, but in some respects it would be nice to be surprised. The only just "ok" meal was Azul, althought this could have something to do with my 20 month's old lack of cooperation for this meal!

The parties they hosted were also fantastic. The Thursday night party with the foam, took my wife back to her late teens traveling through the clubs of Germany... we danced like we were in our twenty's again and had a blast, although we were were soaked and looked like an odd couple in my wet khaki's and Tommy Bahama shirt, and her in her wet cocktail dress. Hopefully we dont end up on you tube! This was a fun add to the festivities, but I can see where this isnt for everyone. Also, the music started later afternoon, and it was a bit loud for dinner that night.

Yet again, the employees were fantastic throughout the resort. We have gotten to know a few by name, including our favorite Rita who now works at Jazz, and used to work at Azul. She is a shining example of why we like to visit the resort, and is a true ambasador of the welcoming and heart-felt Dominican people in general. When she worked at Azul, my middle daughter (who was then 2 fell in love with her "Rita", and was very excited to see her at Jazz. We were even able to pull down some of our pictures from our prior trip, to share with her. We used to enjoy stopping by Anja's for cocktails in the evenings when she was there. We always had top notch service, with personality that we always enjoyed.

The only dissapointment is the dizzying array of memberships, and the added levels that they recently added. Our membership was the highest until they added the shareholder level. There is some hesitation to make the jump to the next level because of this.

Otherwise, though, Lifestyles has become somewhat of our go to vacation destination. If you are looking for a tropical vacation spot you can return to time and time again, then I would definately consider a membership here. That is where the value of the membership comes into play. Now where is Juan or Ricky from Serenity Beach with my Presidente (could use one up in PA!)

Room Tip: You can always ask for specific accomodations, but generally they do not assign until shortly before...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We just returned from one absolutely-wonderful week in a Crown Villa. We rented from owners Reed and Lisa who were professional, courteous and helpful. Upon check-in, we were provided with gold bands to access the V.I.P. areas of the property. As a family of 6 with 2 small children and two adult children, the villa was well laid out, spacious and clean. Our private pool was beautiful and we swam in it every day. We all enjoyed the daily maid service with breakfast prepared and served on our terrace as well as the amazing food and top-notch service provided by each and every person we dealt with. Each restaurant served different cuisines so there was a great variety of high-quality meals and nice ambience. The minor issues we had with water pressure were handled immediately. There is a great deal on construction on the property at the moment. Although we were not affected by it, I can imagine it being an issue for villas immediately adjacent. We all loved Serenity Beach as well as the use of the golf cart to get around the extensive property. The Sunday evening BBQ and Thursday night party were big hits with our grown children. We visited Ocean World and booked a V.I.P. dolphin experience through the excursions desk. The kids loved every second of our time there. The park is small and a few hours is more than enough time to explore all exhibits. We are already looking forward to our trip next year, with plans to bring even more family members. It is definitely the best of both worlds - to have your own private villa, but still have access to so many great restaurants, bars and beaches. We will definitely book with owners Reed and Lisa again. Thanks again for everything. The Johnson Family.

Room Tip: You cannot request a certain villa in advance. They are assigned upon check-iin.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was a little scared of what we would get when we got to this resort because of some of the reviews I had seen. Lots of people had complaints and I expected to have some myself. That was not the case at all.

First we flew into STI. The airport is only about 1 hour and 15 mins or so from the resort. That airport was much cheaper for us and it wasn't that bad of a drive for the savings. The downside is the people in DR drive like bats outta hell. We paid the resort $115 each way for up to 6 passengers. I'm sure you can find this cheaper yourself but being how its in another country we just decided to pay the money and have them set it up.

Check in at the resort was amazing. We actually booked the trip through a friend's parent's timeshare (RCI). We received the sparkle blue VIP bands that pretty much got you access to everything except 2 beaches I think. To gain access to everything you needed the gold bands. It would have been nice but our bands did plenty for us and we didnt feel cheated at all. We had a person handle our bags as well as take us to our private villa. Let me tell you....having a villa is the way to go. We didnt get a golf cart (you need to be a member for that) but we did have the ability to call the front desk for a shuttle to take us anywhere. They were literally there b4 we were ready to leave the house. Some people said they waited a while but that wasn't the case for us. Sure there were times we had to call a second time or so but its a huge resort. You have to be realistic. Still even at the worst the shuttle was maybe 10 mins for the wait. So I have no issues with that.

Our villa came with a maid who cleaned every morning as well as cooked breakfast. You got fruit, potatoes, juice, breads, bacon (that was reheated in the microwave. Not cooked fresh. I could have had fresh but it wasn't a deal breaker), we also had fresh eggs cooked. Usually an omelette. We also had a person who took care of us for the week. Orra (spelling) made sure to break everything down to us and checked on us throughout the week. She was amazing!!!

Ok beaches and pools. We went to the VIP beach which was amazing. You need to get there early and get a cabana. You technically cant reserve one however you can go when they open at 8am and place items on there to save them. People dont bother your stuff. The guy who opens up tells you that you can leave your items and your cabana will be fine. They will let you keep your stuff there for 2 hours and if you need longer than that to get back just let him know and he wont give yours away. That was ideal for a large group. The VIP beach is packed but we learned quickly that the VIP pool was a better spot. Less people and the same service.

All the restaurants were amazing to me. Just make your reservations early like we did. We made them all the same day and left the last day open in case we ate at one and wanted to eat there again.

I have some pics below. The resort is pretty much as they list online

Room Tip: Book restaurants early Get down to the VIP beach early to get your cabana
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

stay away !! stay away !! stay away !! i know i wrote it 3 times for you to understand and listen
do not be stupid like me the picture that they are showing is not the same room they are going to give you . if you are going with kids make sure to stop at the pharmacy in your way back from the airport home to buy lice and ringworm medications which you are going to need definitely believe me i m not exaggerating i m saying the 100 % true.

Al stay 1/17/13-1/21/13

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The people there were veryfriendly really made me feel at home. Im already looking for anither trip to lifestyle i had the best time thanks to a few workers John cena and lenny craviz. Also the bartender wilfrido at club ice was the best he reallt knew how to get a crowd going he was full of energy and personality i didn't mind at all waiting for a drink he was very eentertaining he played a huge role of me enjoying my stay there. Keep up the great customer service!!!

• Stayed May 2013
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just returned from 8 glorious days in a Crown Villa. We stayed in an incredible new villa. Our villa had 4 bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths. Large granite kitchen, pool with waterfall, wifi, and a better selection of channels on tv than we expected.

We always enjoy the breakfast made and served in our villa on a daily basis. Ran out of ice and didn't get another bag until late the next afternoon. If that's the worst that happens, I can definitely stand it.

Lots of building and remodeling going on. Didn't effect our stay.

A new members beach has opened called NV. Smaller and more intimate than Serenity Beach. Has a pizzeria /panini restaurant with a variety of offerings. Mmmmmm!

We have stayed in older villas during 3 other visits. We have enjoyed each of them. They have been well maintained. I do miss a bathtub though.

Would I recommend the Crown Villas? You bet. We are so glad we became members about 4 years ago. We have brought friends and family with us. Each visit has been one to remember.

Ellen Braun

Room Tip: Visit NV Beach to relax and eat pizza.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is a little long but please read my review before you book a villa,
If you get to this hotel and you they give you a Villa with problems your vacation is going to be ruined! noone in the VIP Villa customer service is going to help you.
I called the VIP customer service on Friday May 3, 2013 to complaint that the construction next door started at 7AM. I was reassured the day before when I check in with Ana that they won’t start until at least 9:30 AM. I was miserable there because not only I got awake by all the noise next door but I hardly slept the night before due to the AC in my room not working and polyester sheet that gave me a rash.I also found many maintenance problem so I want to change the Villa.
When I told Rosie from VIP customer service at 9AM that I need another villa due to be awake by the construction next door at 7AM and that the villa had a lot of maintenance issued, Rosie informed me right away without checking that there were no villa available. I told her to check since I was very uncomfortable there. Ms. Rosie repeated that there was nothing available. I told her how that it was possible since that day people was going to check out and they could give me another villa later on. Ms. Rosie told me that it wasn't possible to give me another villa from people who checked out either! At that point I was frustrated since I didn’t have any sleep the night before and Ms. Rosie not being helpful. We started an argument about it and Ms. Rosie started SCREAMING AT ME and became really nasty. She also told me that I was a liar (btw you never call a client a liar in the service business) since she checked with the construction supervisor and he told her that they didn't start until 9AM. I told her that I didn't need to lie about that. I told her to put to her supervisor and she told me she was the supervisor. I told her that I had stayed in many hotels around the world and noone had been so nasty and unhelpful like her. I also told her that I was going to send an email to the general manager about her attitude toward me. I informed her that I write review in the internet for hotels and that I was going to write about how Lifestyle Vacation Club have bad customer service and about all the problems with the villa. At that point Ms. Rosie changed her attitude with me and out nowhere a 3 bedrooms villa became available!!! I went to check the villa but it was too small since I had 3 more guests. The swimming pool was too small too. They sent Calvin from customer service to help me with all the issued in the villa and he was very helpful and made a list of all the problems. Water pressure, A/C that didn't work, old polyester sheets that gave me a rash (I’m allergic to polyester), dirty swimming pool and for the construction people to start at least at 9AM. The problems with the villa were taken care but the construction started everyday at 7AM the 3 mornings I was there even on Sunday!!
Another problem with bad customer service I encountered was at serenity beach. When I was leaving the premises to go out to eat an employee ask me if I was coming back and I told him that I was back within one hour. The head of security Mr. Frederick Paulino (I think that was his name) told me in a rude manner that if I didn’t come back in 45 minutes he was going to take my stuff away from the ‘bed’. I told him that I needed an hour only and he proceeded to scream at me to be back in one hour right in front of everyone!! What????? I just stayed quiet and left almost in tears.
In a positive note, the waiters, the people at the bar and Joel Genao from security at Serenity Beach are the best staff in the whole resort. Those guys went out the way with my guests and I to make us feel comfortable and relax. They are the best!!! I hope they keep their excellent work. BTW customer service at the Presidential Suite are way nicer and helpful. I stayed at a presidential Suite last November and they went out they way to make my vacation comfortable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a Villa where there is construction next door, they are going to wake you up at 7...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!