First off, this is a review being posted by a member of the resort. First and foremost this is a vacation club, and its members are served differently from non-members. All told, we had 7 folks in our party, including my family of 5 with three little kiddos all under the age of 7. This is our 4th time making a trip down to Lifestyles, and my first time in a Villa.
The Villas are slightly dated, but well appointed. It is not the sleek, modern look of the Presidential Suites at the resort. Everything was clean and comfortable, and the villa was stocked with all that we needed as a family. Our House maid was wonderful, and the chef that came to cook us breakfast (this comes with our level of membership) was also fantastic as well. The outdoor living area with the pool was really the highlight with our family, especially the kiddos who enjoyed their 6:00 AM swim (let's say they were excited to be on vacation). This would not have been possible in the other areas of the resort!
Overall, the dining was as great as always. It would be nice if they "freshened" up the menus somewhat. In some ways it was nice to go into a restraurant and not even look at the menu to know what you were ordering, but in some respects it would be nice to be surprised. The only just "ok" meal was Azul, althought this could have something to do with my 20 month's old lack of cooperation for this meal!
The parties they hosted were also fantastic. The Thursday night party with the foam, took my wife back to her late teens traveling through the clubs of Germany... we danced like we were in our twenty's again and had a blast, although we were were soaked and looked like an odd couple in my wet khaki's and Tommy Bahama shirt, and her in her wet cocktail dress. Hopefully we dont end up on you tube! This was a fun add to the festivities, but I can see where this isnt for everyone. Also, the music started later afternoon, and it was a bit loud for dinner that night.
Yet again, the employees were fantastic throughout the resort. We have gotten to know a few by name, including our favorite Rita who now works at Jazz, and used to work at Azul. She is a shining example of why we like to visit the resort, and is a true ambasador of the welcoming and heart-felt Dominican people in general. When she worked at Azul, my middle daughter (who was then 2 fell in love with her "Rita", and was very excited to see her at Jazz. We were even able to pull down some of our pictures from our prior trip, to share with her. We used to enjoy stopping by Anja's for cocktails in the evenings when she was there. We always had top notch service, with personality that we always enjoyed.
The only dissapointment is the dizzying array of memberships, and the added levels that they recently added. Our membership was the highest until they added the shareholder level. There is some hesitation to make the jump to the next level because of this.
Otherwise, though, Lifestyles has become somewhat of our go to vacation destination. If you are looking for a tropical vacation spot you can return to time and time again, then I would definately consider a membership here. That is where the value of the membership comes into play. Now where is Juan or Ricky from Serenity Beach with my Presidente (could use one up in PA!)
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas Hotel
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Crown Residence Hotel
- Hotel Lifestyle Crown Residence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Presidential Suites by Lifestyle are the newest luxury accommodations to be added to the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, setting a standard of lavish comfort with 60 scrumptiously appointed two-bedroom suites, filled with dramatic furniture and stainless steel appliances.All suites are dramatically decorated with dark, rich wood, and stainless steel accoutrements and appliances. The smallest details have been carefully crafted to provide guests with every comfort and luxury available, making the Presidential Suites by Lifestyle a one of the most relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experiences ever.Providing both service and features that are beyond compare, the Presidential Suites offer a unique luxury accommodations experience. As a Lifestyle property, the Presidential Suites provide the easy, relaxed ambience of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting,The Presidential Suites offer a matchless vacation experience for the most discriminating traveler. All suites have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the décor has a distinctive modern design, featuring cherry wood furnishing and stainless steel. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather.On Property amenities include: a large centralized pool with waterfall; Jazz, a French Fusion Restaurant; Bourbon Street bar; three tennis courts; and a full-press lighted basketball court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo and Fareportal so you can book your Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.