I was a little scared of what we would get when we got to this resort because of some of the reviews I had seen. Lots of people had complaints and I expected to have some myself. That was not the case at all.
First we flew into STI. The airport is only about 1 hour and 15 mins or so from the resort. That airport was much cheaper for us and it wasn't that bad of a drive for the savings. The downside is the people in DR drive like bats outta hell. We paid the resort $115 each way for up to 6 passengers. I'm sure you can find this cheaper yourself but being how its in another country we just decided to pay the money and have them set it up.
Check in at the resort was amazing. We actually booked the trip through a friend's parent's timeshare (RCI). We received the sparkle blue VIP bands that pretty much got you access to everything except 2 beaches I think. To gain access to everything you needed the gold bands. It would have been nice but our bands did plenty for us and we didnt feel cheated at all. We had a person handle our bags as well as take us to our private villa. Let me tell you....having a villa is the way to go. We didnt get a golf cart (you need to be a member for that) but we did have the ability to call the front desk for a shuttle to take us anywhere. They were literally there b4 we were ready to leave the house. Some people said they waited a while but that wasn't the case for us. Sure there were times we had to call a second time or so but its a huge resort. You have to be realistic. Still even at the worst the shuttle was maybe 10 mins for the wait. So I have no issues with that.
Our villa came with a maid who cleaned every morning as well as cooked breakfast. You got fruit, potatoes, juice, breads, bacon (that was reheated in the microwave. Not cooked fresh. I could have had fresh but it wasn't a deal breaker), we also had fresh eggs cooked. Usually an omelette. We also had a person who took care of us for the week. Orra (spelling) made sure to break everything down to us and checked on us throughout the week. She was amazing!!!
Ok beaches and pools. We went to the VIP beach which was amazing. You need to get there early and get a cabana. You technically cant reserve one however you can go when they open at 8am and place items on there to save them. People dont bother your stuff. The guy who opens up tells you that you can leave your items and your cabana will be fine. They will let you keep your stuff there for 2 hours and if you need longer than that to get back just let him know and he wont give yours away. That was ideal for a large group. The VIP beach is packed but we learned quickly that the VIP pool was a better spot. Less people and the same service.
All the restaurants were amazing to me. Just make your reservations early like we did. We made them all the same day and left the last day open in case we ate at one and wanted to eat there again.
I have some pics below. The resort is pretty much as they list online
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Presidential Suites by Lifestyle are the newest luxury accommodations to be added to the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, setting a standard of lavish comfort with 60 scrumptiously appointed two-bedroom suites, filled with dramatic furniture and stainless steel appliances.All suites are dramatically decorated with dark, rich wood, and stainless steel accoutrements and appliances. The smallest details have been carefully crafted to provide guests with every comfort and luxury available, making the Presidential Suites by Lifestyle a one of the most relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experiences ever.Providing both service and features that are beyond compare, the Presidential Suites offer a unique luxury accommodations experience. As a Lifestyle property, the Presidential Suites provide the easy, relaxed ambience of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting,The Presidential Suites offer a matchless vacation experience for the most discriminating traveler. All suites have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the décor has a distinctive modern design, featuring cherry wood furnishing and stainless steel. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather.On Property amenities include: a large centralized pool with waterfall; Jazz, a French Fusion Restaurant; Bourbon Street bar; three tennis courts; and a full-press lighted basketball court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Crown Residence Hotel
- Hotel Lifestyle Crown Residence