“Loved our trip-again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Save Saved
You added Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Cofresi Beach, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Formerly Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas)   |
San Antonio, Texas
“Loved our trip-again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just returned from 8 glorious days in a Crown Villa. We stayed in an incredible new villa. Our villa had 4 bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths. Large granite kitchen, pool with waterfall, wifi, and a better selection of channels on tv than we expected.

We always enjoy the breakfast made and served in our villa on a daily basis. Ran out of ice and didn't get another bag until late the next afternoon. If that's the worst that happens, I can definitely stand it.

Lots of building and remodeling going on. Didn't effect our stay.

A new members beach has opened called NV. Smaller and more intimate than Serenity Beach. Has a pizzeria /panini restaurant with a variety of offerings. Mmmmmm!

We have stayed in older villas during 3 other visits. We have enjoyed each of them. They have been well maintained. I do miss a bathtub though.

Would I recommend the Crown Villas? You bet. We are so glad we became members about 4 years ago. We have brought friends and family with us. Each visit has been one to remember.

Ellen Braun

Room Tip: Visit NV Beach to relax and eat pizza.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is a little long but please read my review before you book a villa,
If you get to this hotel and you they give you a Villa with problems your vacation is going to be ruined! noone in the VIP Villa customer service is going to help you.
I called the VIP customer service on Friday May 3, 2013 to complaint that the construction next door started at 7AM. I was reassured the day before when I check in with Ana that they won’t start until at least 9:30 AM. I was miserable there because not only I got awake by all the noise next door but I hardly slept the night before due to the AC in my room not working and polyester sheet that gave me a rash.I also found many maintenance problem so I want to change the Villa.
When I told Rosie from VIP customer service at 9AM that I need another villa due to be awake by the construction next door at 7AM and that the villa had a lot of maintenance issued, Rosie informed me right away without checking that there were no villa available. I told her to check since I was very uncomfortable there. Ms. Rosie repeated that there was nothing available. I told her how that it was possible since that day people was going to check out and they could give me another villa later on. Ms. Rosie told me that it wasn't possible to give me another villa from people who checked out either! At that point I was frustrated since I didn’t have any sleep the night before and Ms. Rosie not being helpful. We started an argument about it and Ms. Rosie started SCREAMING AT ME and became really nasty. She also told me that I was a liar (btw you never call a client a liar in the service business) since she checked with the construction supervisor and he told her that they didn't start until 9AM. I told her that I didn't need to lie about that. I told her to put to her supervisor and she told me she was the supervisor. I told her that I had stayed in many hotels around the world and noone had been so nasty and unhelpful like her. I also told her that I was going to send an email to the general manager about her attitude toward me. I informed her that I write review in the internet for hotels and that I was going to write about how Lifestyle Vacation Club have bad customer service and about all the problems with the villa. At that point Ms. Rosie changed her attitude with me and out nowhere a 3 bedrooms villa became available!!! I went to check the villa but it was too small since I had 3 more guests. The swimming pool was too small too. They sent Calvin from customer service to help me with all the issued in the villa and he was very helpful and made a list of all the problems. Water pressure, A/C that didn't work, old polyester sheets that gave me a rash (I’m allergic to polyester), dirty swimming pool and for the construction people to start at least at 9AM. The problems with the villa were taken care but the construction started everyday at 7AM the 3 mornings I was there even on Sunday!!
Another problem with bad customer service I encountered was at serenity beach. When I was leaving the premises to go out to eat an employee ask me if I was coming back and I told him that I was back within one hour. The head of security Mr. Frederick Paulino (I think that was his name) told me in a rude manner that if I didn’t come back in 45 minutes he was going to take my stuff away from the ‘bed’. I told him that I needed an hour only and he proceeded to scream at me to be back in one hour right in front of everyone!! What????? I just stayed quiet and left almost in tears.
In a positive note, the waiters, the people at the bar and Joel Genao from security at Serenity Beach are the best staff in the whole resort. Those guys went out the way with my guests and I to make us feel comfortable and relax. They are the best!!! I hope they keep their excellent work. BTW customer service at the Presidential Suite are way nicer and helpful. I stayed at a presidential Suite last November and they went out they way to make my vacation comfortable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a Villa where there is construction next door, they are going to wake you up at 7...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed in the new area of the Cofresi. The rooms are very nice. The beach and pool area are very nice as well. The food was okay. The food at the Tropical which is the older resort was better. The food at the restaurants were not impressive. And it is a hassle to get a reservation. We had fun during the day playing games. The staff was awesome, especially Capuccino. He was lots of fun and he made our days at the pool a blast!

Room Tip: Make sure you request rooms in the new area close to the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
North East PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Well I just returned back from Lifestyle Holiday Resort Villa. First let me say that I'm a Platinum Member here, so my review will be from my point of view as a member and not a regular guest (although I once was - and had a great time).

So I arrived April 23, 2013 from Newark NJ to the Puerta Plata airport with a group of family and friends around 1pm. There was a driver waiting for us in the lobby with our family name. The driver took our bags along with some baggage handlers whom looked for a tip when they were done. Now the bags went into a separate vehicle that followed the limo. Inside the limo was beer, wine & and liquor.

We arrived at the resort about 30mins later to Villa reception. This is when our set of issues happened. The staff at the reception area were different than past visits, and the staff here really needs customer service training. Not say they were rude directly, but they gave fake smiles and greets. Also when I asked for water, they referred me to the Sports Bar down stairs, rather just give me one out fridge behind the counter. However I made it past this hic-up, and when ahead to pay inclusive fee for the 6 bedroom Villa I booked 10 months in advance. I was informed that the 6 bedroom wasn't available and they would give me 2x 3bedroom Villas. I sighed a little but it was ok, as I was warned that if they could give me a 6 bedroom when I arrived I would get the 2x 3 bedroom Villas, so this didn't catch me completely off guard.

I left my guest in the reception area, while I went with the Villa "greeter"(not sure what her title was again) to inspect the two Villas. Both Villas they showed me were old (villa 32B and one behind it). This didn't sit well with me or my spouse at all. In fact my spouse went back to the Villa Reception and demanded they give us two different Villas of better quality. While the spouse was in rage mode, I decided to have a seat, as I never had this problem before. Once everything was cleared up (supposedly they didn't know our membership level and just gave us anything). We ended up staying in Villa 51 and Villa 50 which were great!

Each room in the Villas had central air condition and each Villa had WiFi (you need to get a user name and passcode from Villa Reception- they should give this to you when you check-in, but they don't. You
need to ask). The pools in the back yard were great, although they didn't indicate the depth, but think its about 5ft.

Once everyone unpacked and settled in when picked up the golf cart and our vacation finally started. Making dinner reservations were easy and not a hassle. We pretty had no issues since check-in. The Villas were cleaned daily and the pool man came around daily too.

The restaurants were good, although the Italian was ok at best. I enjoyed the Azul and Simple Gourmet best. I'll try and post some videos and photos for everyone to see. I had a hard time finding real videos from actual guest, so I made it my goal to record one while I was there this year.

Serenity Beach was great, and the VIP Party is something not to miss! I had never seen a party done so big before! Also the Bravissimo show is now at the resort which was a great Vegas style show!

Overall the vacation was great and a chef came over to our Villa to throw us barbecue at no additional cost. Since our membership came with Ocean World tickets we also went there, although it wasn't anything special in my opinion. Probably good if you have kids, but we left ours in the states. I would go back but I hope the reception staff have been re-trained or replaced.

Returning the golf cart was kind of out of the way, as the staff wouldn't let me just drop if off at the reception at asked me to bring it back to golf cart center. That's inconvenient for guest checking out. Once again the reception desk wasn't the best in this situation. They just pointed to an area behind the building and said I need to take the cart there and walk back! I would expect someone to at least walk from behind the counter and physically show me where to go and not just point to some space behind the building. I can't speak about other reception areas, but Lifestyle needs to focus more on customer service and less on expanding.

Garcia the housemaid at Villa 51 was great and Junior whom I see every year was excellent and an asset to the company, as he's always smiling and was one of the most helpful people on the resort.

• Stayed April 2013
Madison, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited for a week April 13-20 with a bunch of friends and family. Very clean and great food. People very friendly. Nice beaches.went horseback riding,zip lining,casino, ocean world, dune buggies just lots of fun.

Room Tip: Villas are awesome!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have just returned from a three week vacation with our kids,spouses and one extra friend. Had a fantastic 6 bedroom villa with a great breakfast chef and housekeeper. Shareholder bracelet is the only way to go, no problem booking best restaurants and access to all beaches.
Started playing tennis after a 15 year layoff. See LILO at the courts by the Presidential Suites for great coaching.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

WE VACATIONED AT LIFESTYLES CROWN VILLAS, NOVEMBER 2010, WE ALL FLEW DOWN SAME AIRLINE AND STAYED ON THE RESORT IN 3 BEAUTIFUL VILLA'S, FAMILY AND 4 COUPLES, WHAT A WEEK TO REMEMBER.
The food, entertainment,and staff on the resort was absolutly excellent. since then we have been continung coming to this resort, we have gone to other vacations but for what you get on this complete resort dosenot compare to any other vacation that i have been on, and the price is awsome for what you get. the accomidations are very clean and lots of room in the villa's. it is expecially nice when you have your own pool to enjoy if you want. Our special night was the vip party that the resort continues to have every sunday night, the entertainment is wonderful to enjoy. There is so much more to tell...just go and visit cofressi beach and relax and have the best vacation ever. "CHEERS"

Room Tip: All the rooms are really nice to stay in but our favorites are villa's and presidential suites.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!