Well I just returned back from Lifestyle Holiday Resort Villa. First let me say that I'm a Platinum Member here, so my review will be from my point of view as a member and not a regular guest (although I once was - and had a great time).
So I arrived April 23, 2013 from Newark NJ to the Puerta Plata airport with a group of family and friends around 1pm. There was a driver waiting for us in the lobby with our family name. The driver took our bags along with some baggage handlers whom looked for a tip when they were done. Now the bags went into a separate vehicle that followed the limo. Inside the limo was beer, wine & and liquor.
We arrived at the resort about 30mins later to Villa reception. This is when our set of issues happened. The staff at the reception area were different than past visits, and the staff here really needs customer service training. Not say they were rude directly, but they gave fake smiles and greets. Also when I asked for water, they referred me to the Sports Bar down stairs, rather just give me one out fridge behind the counter. However I made it past this hic-up, and when ahead to pay inclusive fee for the 6 bedroom Villa I booked 10 months in advance. I was informed that the 6 bedroom wasn't available and they would give me 2x 3bedroom Villas. I sighed a little but it was ok, as I was warned that if they could give me a 6 bedroom when I arrived I would get the 2x 3 bedroom Villas, so this didn't catch me completely off guard.
I left my guest in the reception area, while I went with the Villa "greeter"(not sure what her title was again) to inspect the two Villas. Both Villas they showed me were old (villa 32B and one behind it). This didn't sit well with me or my spouse at all. In fact my spouse went back to the Villa Reception and demanded they give us two different Villas of better quality. While the spouse was in rage mode, I decided to have a seat, as I never had this problem before. Once everything was cleared up (supposedly they didn't know our membership level and just gave us anything). We ended up staying in Villa 51 and Villa 50 which were great!
Each room in the Villas had central air condition and each Villa had WiFi (you need to get a user name and passcode from Villa Reception- they should give this to you when you check-in, but they don't. You
need to ask). The pools in the back yard were great, although they didn't indicate the depth, but think its about 5ft.
Once everyone unpacked and settled in when picked up the golf cart and our vacation finally started. Making dinner reservations were easy and not a hassle. We pretty had no issues since check-in. The Villas were cleaned daily and the pool man came around daily too.
The restaurants were good, although the Italian was ok at best. I enjoyed the Azul and Simple Gourmet best. I'll try and post some videos and photos for everyone to see. I had a hard time finding real videos from actual guest, so I made it my goal to record one while I was there this year.
Serenity Beach was great, and the VIP Party is something not to miss! I had never seen a party done so big before! Also the Bravissimo show is now at the resort which was a great Vegas style show!
Overall the vacation was great and a chef came over to our Villa to throw us barbecue at no additional cost. Since our membership came with Ocean World tickets we also went there, although it wasn't anything special in my opinion. Probably good if you have kids, but we left ours in the states. I would go back but I hope the reception staff have been re-trained or replaced.
Returning the golf cart was kind of out of the way, as the staff wouldn't let me just drop if off at the reception at asked me to bring it back to golf cart center. That's inconvenient for guest checking out. Once again the reception desk wasn't the best in this situation. They just pointed to an area behind the building and said I need to take the cart there and walk back! I would expect someone to at least walk from behind the counter and physically show me where to go and not just point to some space behind the building. I can't speak about other reception areas, but Lifestyle needs to focus more on customer service and less on expanding.
Garcia the housemaid at Villa 51 was great and Junior whom I see every year was excellent and an asset to the company, as he's always smiling and was one of the most helpful people on the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Presidential Suites by Lifestyle are the newest luxury accommodations to be added to the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, setting a standard of lavish comfort with 60 scrumptiously appointed two-bedroom suites, filled with dramatic furniture and stainless steel appliances.All suites are dramatically decorated with dark, rich wood, and stainless steel accoutrements and appliances. The smallest details have been carefully crafted to provide guests with every comfort and luxury available, making the Presidential Suites by Lifestyle a one of the most relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experiences ever.Providing both service and features that are beyond compare, the Presidential Suites offer a unique luxury accommodations experience. As a Lifestyle property, the Presidential Suites provide the easy, relaxed ambience of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting,The Presidential Suites offer a matchless vacation experience for the most discriminating traveler. All suites have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the décor has a distinctive modern design, featuring cherry wood furnishing and stainless steel. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather.On Property amenities include: a large centralized pool with waterfall; Jazz, a French Fusion Restaurant; Bourbon Street bar; three tennis courts; and a full-press lighted basketball court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Crown Residence Hotel
- Hotel Lifestyle Crown Residence