We loved the dining room and chef John Carlos(spelling may be wrong).Being there at low season gave us the advantage of speaking with him each night for recommendations and what wonderful dishes they were,both delicious and presented beautifully.He is a very talented chef.We dined looking out at a gorgeous garden with orchids winding around a tree outside the window.We also enjoyed the breakfast/lunch restaurant on a deck overlooking the beach and the ocean.Ramon,Noel and Augustin were friendly,competent servers and made it very pleasant.At both restaurants,since everything is cooked to order,prepare to enjoy the ambience and conversation.
The suite we stayed in was lovely and comfortable.The service was excellent.The beach is beautifully maintained and security is always present.I enjoy beach shopping so the occasional vendor was not problematic.Being a beach person,I spent no time at the pool but it is stunning and the view from the roof is delightful.
The biggest negative we encountered was that the resort is not well set-up for those with a walking disability.There are a number of 2 or 3 step staircases and these do not have banisters.The ramps are too steep too walk with a cane or walker.However,the staff was very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach