As a bit of a hotel snob, it's not easy to impress me but Casa Colonial did just that. My husband 7 month old son and I went for 6 nights over Thanksgiving and I can easily say that everything at Casa Colonial was perfect; from the elegant decor to the food to most of all the service.
We traveled from California and it was a major haul to get there but it was definitely worth it and we plan to return. There really isn't another hotel to consider in Puerto Plata.
As I said we traveled with our 7 month old and I was nervous to leave him with someone new (really nervous) but the babysitters at the hotel Anibelle and Marisol were wonderful with him and very respectful of my anxiety. We were also extremely impressed with their restaurant and maid staff.
As part of our package (through Luxury Link) we enjoyed a romantic dinner on the beach. It was magical; something not to be missed.
Also the spa treatments and spa facilities are simply fantastic.
I could just go on and on but suffice it to say that if you are looking for a mellow getaway...the vibe at Casa Colonial is very low key...this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Expedia, Otel, Travelocity, Hotwire, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach