“Wonderful time! Safe, experienced and well treated horses!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Centro Ecuestre Ammann

Centro Ecuestre Ammann
Bahia de Maimon | Carretera Puerto Plata, Navarrete, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 26 Attractions in Puerto Plata
Kingston, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful time! Safe, experienced and well treated horses!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

First I would like to say thank you to Centro Ecuestre Ammann. The trail riding was beautiful and I felt like we got to see the real Dominican. They have horses of all levels and thier tack and equiptment is in great shape. I have been riding for 20+ years and I was with my niece who was a beginner. We both had fun and enjoyed seing the country side. There is a chance to canter on the beach and walk through the water. The guides were DR citizens who rode well and told us about the local plants and animals, as we were staying at the RIU we rode up to the resort and ended the ride at the gates of the resort.

The ranch is beautiful with a focus on safety. There are all sorts of animals and they even rescue abused horses and nurse them back to health. The family are wonderful and immediatly made me feel at home. Trail rides are recommended for all ages/ abilities and it is a good way to see the real DR. 5* experience!!!!!!

In addition The owner agreed to supply a horse for my wedding as I wanted to ride to the alter. The horse was well turned out and she was awesome to help me with all the details of getting it on the resort (see photos) She made my wedding day magical!!!!!

Visited March 2012