“nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aparta-Hotel Lomar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Plata
Aparta-Hotel Lomar
Save Saved
You added Aparta-Hotel Lomar to your Saves list
Av. Malecon #8, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Puerto Plata
ottawa
“nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great place to stay. I have stayed their for 1 weeks vacation 5 times. I would ask them for the rooms facing the ocean (right across the street) ask for 2nd or 3rd floor for the best views. These rooms have 2 balconies, 1 facing the ocean the other facing the owners house and parking lot. Has 2 queen size beds, t.v., small sofa dresser and closet. Their is a beach directly across the street and the owner now has opened his private swimming pool for customers, little cafe, I only used it for coffee and beer never ate their. Bargin the price with them, I paid them full 1 week up front which dropped the price alot. from $65 a night to $30.00. and that is with ocean view WOW. Staff was great except for 1 maid who demanded a tip from me, and she was not even the maid who did up my room, but she seen me give my maid a tip and tryed to pretend that she does my room to. I laughed and walk away from her. Walking distance to everything including downtown which is about 15 minute walk. Check out the resturant Terraza Las Almendras 1 block away, i ate all my meals their. Food is great. Denise and Carlos are the owners. Very nice couple.Denise speaks english, french and spanish .

Room Tip: Rooms facing directly to the Malecon (ocean blvd) and ocean 2nd or 3rd floor wake up to the ocean an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
kent, england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

stayed at lomar for 10 days, first room i was shown was suitable but the next one was perfect, excellent size more than enough storage very clean, couldn't ask for more, basic room with 2 comfortable beds, tv not that i watched much fridge to keep those all important drinks cool, hot water and air-con, maid came in everyday about 9.30, but would come back later if you were still in the room, beach front location, pool was well kept, friendly staff that made me feel very welcome and invited me out with them, was only a 10 min walk from my sisters house, good selection of local bars and eateries within walking distance or a short and cheap motoconcho away, on the boulevard if you fancy an early morning or evening walk,
yes there was power cuts but none of them lasted longer than minutes, unlike my sisters house its was hours, only thing i would like to see is more food, only did a breakfast had they of done an evening menu i would definately have indulged. night porter security guy was lovely if you wanted any drinks he would charge it to your room and can be paid at reception in the morning, would definately go back to lomar in the future and

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of food services
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

This is a good place to stay if you want to experiance the real Dominican away from the hotel amd resorts.

Nice big beds, rooms cleaned daily, pool v nice and warm. Its great being across the road from the beach.

On the down side there was no cutlery, plates or cups. Only pans were provided in the apartment. We also had to turn ther gas tank on, or get it turned on every time we wanted to cook.

In general, its a good place to stay and good value for money.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No cutlery, cups, plates and glasses
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2006

It is not a bad place to stay when every thing is going well with the Hotel.Last time I was there, their generator was broken and the electicity was going off every day in the city so they told me they would have it fixed in a day or two. Days later they had a rental generator out side on the sidewalk with cables running from it but that was just for looks aparently. The generator was down for about the first 12 days of my stay there. I stayed there about 17 days. I suffered a lot that trip. They were never able to use the generator that was rented or borrowed. But it looked impressive? I have stayed in Hotel Lomar a lot of times in the past. The problem I have with them is that you get a different answer from everyone that works there about what is the reason something is not working properly. Now the employees are very good with the guest.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Aparta-Hotel Lomar? Share your experiences!