“Enjoyable vacation at unbelievable price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Save Saved
You added The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Columbus Torre 1 | Playa Cofresi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Formerly Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #8 of 43 hotels in Puerto Plata
Myrtle Beach
“Enjoyable vacation at unbelievable price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I purchased a six night vacation on a cyber Monday special $15.00 per person per day so my review will be based on the price and our vacation experience at this resort. My husband and I had a wonderful time! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had a blue bracelet and we printed out a list of restaurants and amenities that we were allowed to use prior to arriving at the resort. We were aware before our arrival that there were member only areas so this did not bother us at all. The room was very basic but clean. We were in building four by the heliport which was noisy occasionally. This building is also directly across from the buffet which makes for some noise. I travel with a sound machine to drown out noise when I sleep so the noise from the buffet was not a problem for us. We did tip the maid daily and received plenty of water, towels, etc. The buffet and restaurant staff are awesome and were very nice and friendly. We received our two assigned dinner reservations as promised by cheap Caribbean. We also received extra dinning reservations by following the hotel policy and checking with guest services for cancelations. The Sunday night vip party was great fun with great food. The buffet does have the same food for breakfast each day. The Italian restaurant is open for lunch each day. You can also eat lunch on the beach or the sushi bar. The VIP beach that we had access to also had drink and lunch service right on the beach. The water was murky greenish brown if standing you can see to your knees only. Not clear blue! Bring water shoes as there are lots of rocks in the water!!The pools were wonderful and one pool had a swim up bar. You can't drink the tap water however bottled water is readily available and the restaurants use filtered water. We had a wonderful time at an amazing price! They close the beach at 6:00pm so be aware of this.You do receive cards to exchange for towels and there is a hefty fee if you lose your wristband. The men with the hats who try to get you to go on a tour only asked us for two days and then did not bother us. We only had a few vendors trying to sell us items/tours. We had an enjoyable restful vacation. The things I am pointing out in the review are not complaints they are just for information for folks to be aware of. Thanks for an awesome vacation we will be returning!!! Also free WiFi on the VIP beach that we had access to. We booked one tour from the cheap carribean representative in the hotel lobby. We were pleasantly surprised with the grounds of this resort they were beautiful. Also, beware birds fly into the buffet area by the tables so do not leave your plate unattended.

• Stayed June 2014

2,748 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Nacogdoches, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My trip to Lifestyles Tropical in Puerta Plato was great fun! Everyone that worked there were wonderful! Salami, John Cena, Moskito, Puchi Puchi, Big Papi, and Walker especially made the trip for my son, Lance, and I enjoyable. The food was very good at each of the restaurants I visited. Amazing trip and I cannot wait to visit again!!

Cherysh

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

WOW..what a dump I travel to Puerto Plata 5 or six time per year as I have many friends who live in the area. I have stayed at bad resorts before, but nothing like this place. When we arrive the check in was like checking in at the local welfare office. The line was long, over one hour to check in, no AC and the worst looking crowd. Went to the room to find a outdated dirty room ( have seen better rooms a a bed roadside motel). All I can say is WOW. Went to Dinner to find empty trays and no clean tables. It was only 7pm and out of food? People in tank tops and using hands to get what ever scraps left. Watched the cook take raw chicken with tongs and put on grill and using the same tongs to serve cooked food, no wonder half of the guests were stuck in the bathrooms..The next morning the timeshare selling starts and they dont let up. Like to sleep late on your vacation? No Way. They call the room starting at 8am and dont stop all day. If you dont take the tour you are never let alone. Just do not go to this place. I have a living social discount for 4 days and left after 2. When I wanted to check out early was told a a fee would be do? What? I did not ask for a refund, I do think one should have been given. but i will not pay a fee to leave early. CRAZY Place....Big dump... dont go.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Pawling, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

One of our familys best vacations. We meet wonderful staff who embraced us and entertained us with fun and laughter. Big Papi,salami,moskito,puchi puchi and john cena /andre continued to amaze us with so much fun we did not want to leave.They made my two young teen girls feel right at home. All of these employees were wonderful,sincere and made sure we were happy,I give them an excellent review.
The resturant staff was equally friendly,courteous,especially Oscar Bruno. Thank you for all the memories,we will be comming back next year.An added gift was meeting new friends Sal, Doreen and their children. See you guys soon. Ed,Loretta and family.

Room Tip: upgrade to membership,look on line for lifestyle members and book with them otherwise rooms are fair...
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My trip to lifestyle holidays vacation resort was unforgettable. I staid in a Villa. The service was amassing, the location was amassing, the whole resort was amassing. Every morning, I would go at the tropical pool to do the water aerobics with Jhon Cena. After that I would hangout with the animators (Salami, Mosquito, Puchi Puchi, Jhon Cena and Papi) for most of my day. Without them, my trip would of been REALLY boring. The food was to die for. The resort made me feel more welcomed in the world there then at my real home. I staid there for 2 weeks but I was having so much fun that it felt like 2 days.
The only reason someone wouldn't like it there is that your a miserable person. I highly recommend to go to the tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort.

• Stayed July 2014
Staten island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Arrived on July 3rd to July 9th made new friends Loretta and Ed and their two wonderful daughters truly great genuine people so glad I met them!
Oscar Bruno from Casablanca a hard worker who served us to the nines what an asset to your resturant and for the entertainment Big Papi,Salami,Miskito, and Puchi Puchi were awesome everyday was a new adventure with these guys they got the guests moving and they were never lost for words great with the kids five stars for all employees mentioned they are a great asset to your resort hope to return again in the future Italiano Papi see you guys again
The best to all
Sal Doreen and family

• Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Amazing hotel. Great Staff. Couldn't ask for better.

My family and I were originally in the standard rooms at Cofresi but then later upgraded to the Presidential Suites. The bed sheets and pillows were heavenly! The maids were super sweet.

All of the staff were incredibly friendly, felt as if we had known them forever! Especially Puchi, Moskito, John Cena, Salami, Big Papi, and Mickey Mouse. They made it fun for all!

Can't wait to return!

FYI: men are required to wear long pants and a dress shirt for certain restaurants.