“Wow!!!!!!!! Paradise!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Save Saved
You added The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Columbus Torre 1 | Playa Cofresi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Formerly Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #8 of 43 hotels in Puerto Plata
Montreal
“Wow!!!!!!!! Paradise!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

My trip to lifestyle holidays vacation resort was unforgettable. I staid in a Villa. The service was amassing, the location was amassing, the whole resort was amassing. Every morning, I would go at the tropical pool to do the water aerobics with Jhon Cena. After that I would hangout with the animators (Salami, Mosquito, Puchi Puchi, Jhon Cena and Papi) for most of my day. Without them, my trip would of been REALLY boring. The food was to die for. The resort made me feel more welcomed in the world there then at my real home. I staid there for 2 weeks but I was having so much fun that it felt like 2 days.
The only reason someone wouldn't like it there is that your a miserable person. I highly recommend to go to the tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort.

2,744 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
Staten island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Arrived on July 3rd to July 9th made new friends Loretta and Ed and their two wonderful daughters truly great genuine people so glad I met them!
Oscar Bruno from Casablanca a hard worker who served us to the nines what an asset to your resturant and for the entertainment Big Papi,Salami,Miskito, and Puchi Puchi were awesome everyday was a new adventure with these guys they got the guests moving and they were never lost for words great with the kids five stars for all employees mentioned they are a great asset to your resort hope to return again in the future Italiano Papi see you guys again
The best to all
Sal Doreen and family

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Amazing hotel. Great Staff. Couldn't ask for better.

My family and I were originally in the standard rooms at Cofresi but then later upgraded to the Presidential Suites. The bed sheets and pillows were heavenly! The maids were super sweet.

All of the staff were incredibly friendly, felt as if we had known them forever! Especially Puchi, Moskito, John Cena, Salami, Big Papi, and Mickey Mouse. They made it fun for all!

Can't wait to return!

FYI: men are required to wear long pants and a dress shirt for certain restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My family stayed from July 3-July 9th, it was amazing. We bonded with the staff members,such as Puchi Puchi,Big Papi,Moskito,Salami and Andre/John Seena. They were all so friendly and made the trip very enjoyable. I would recommend this resort to everyone in the world if I could! We love it so much,and we love the staff so much that we bought the VIP Membership and are coming back next summer!!!! The staff is great,the activities are fun,without the amazing staff (listed above) I wouldn't have made the friends I made,and we wouldn't have had such a great time

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The staff was incredible! They treated my family like their family and made sure we had a great time. The enterainment was a lot of fun. John Cena was awesome! Everyone from the waiters to bartenders to security made this vacation the best!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

will start out with our experience as soon as we were checked in (staff was nice enough) and headed to the beach: we saw a young woman throwing up on the "VIP" beach after drinking too much. Classy. The entire week was filled with these lovely little experiences, and I will demonstrate in my top 10 to you:

1. When is it ever f-ing quiet here? ALLLLLL night, no matter where you are there is either loud music playing, VIP helicopters above or idiots screaming their heads off.

2. The cleaning of the rooms can be explained as random: enough towels, washcloth, soap, bottled water, pick any of the above and at least 1 day you didn't get at least one of them...and we tipped!

3. Speaking of tipping, you get a speech about this on the way to the resort in the resort bus. This had led to staff expecting to be tipped at every turn, even if they are just doing their job. "Oh you want me to tell you where that restaurant is, ok, give me a tip first." Seriously?

4. The restaurant situation can only be described as interesting. The websites boast that you have access to 99 restaurants but that's not true. The front desk will make a reservation for you for 2 nights and then you're on your own for the rest of the time. They play this ridiculous game where you show up at 3 p.m. everyday to see if there have been any cancellations--of course there haven't been any because the type of people that come to this resort aren't the type who makes and/or cancels reservations. So even if you show up to a restaurant without a reservation and the restaurant is 95% empty, they won't seat you because of this policy. So you're forced to go to the nasty buffet--the food isn't nasty, but the birds flying through and crapping on the table...that's pretty nasty. And the buffet has the SAME exact thing every breakfast, lunch and dinner.

5. Let's talk about the whole "VIP" shenanigans. Spoiler: just about everyone is a VIP. And please tell me what is VIP about getting up at the crack of dawn and going down to the beach or relaxation pool (read "adult"/quiet pool) and saving a spot or you don't get one. How is that relaxing??! This is supposed to be vacation.

7. Next, harassment, that's an interesting word. The minute you check in you are assigned a dude that checks your name off some magical clipboard list. But oh no, you're not done there. Said dude will hound you nonstop to give you your "welcome package." STOP! Its a trap! They take you to the vacation time share office and another individual gives you a sales pitch to try and get you to purchase a timeshare (although they swear its not a time share). Morning wasted. Word to the wise: tell the harasser to bugger off and not to bother you and you're not taking the tour. But be warned, they are persistent. One had the audacity to interrupt our breakfast to ask if we were ready to go. Also no matter what be prepared to be hounded for the rest of your vacation. One of them told me they make $20 off of each person they take to the timeshare office...so try paying them $20 to leave you the f alone.

8. Also don't think that you can just relax on the beach or by the pool without at least once an hour having someone come along to sell you massages, boat rides, excursions, fishing trips (that boat won't show up to get you and you'll have to demand a refund), the list goes on. You're here to relax and not be bothered you say? What????

9. They give you bracelets that show which category you are and towel tickets just to get towels. That's right, I'm an adult who maintains a steady job, pays a mortgage and votes in every election, but I have to turn in tickets to get towels. And if I don't turn in said tickets at the end of my stay I'm charged. Stop right there and think about the nightmares the hotel has gone through with lost towels, sold bracelets, etc. and focus on the type of people that are attracted to this resort that such policies have to be in place.

10. A word about the resort clientele. I could see that there were some couples just like us who thought this was going to be a good, economical vacation but experienced the same horrors. How could I tell you ask? That same, dazed, I got no sleep, how can you drink all day in the sun, did I really see someone throwing up again, if I see one more obnoxious American, hey I'm worried about getting a washcloth in my room type of look.

In conclusion, let me just say this: if you're over the age of 23 and want to have a quiet, relaxing, stress free vacation, don't go here. Its tempting to get sucked in to the all inclusive racket, but at the end of the day, I would have paid my left pinky for some better food and peace and quiet. PS there is no free wifi, don't be fooled!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Let me start off and put many of you at ease. When I first found this deal I said to myself "this is too good to be true" well let me tell you IT IS TOO GOD AND ITS TRUE. We purchased our deal on living social for about $320 for 5 nights. let me start off with my only gripe which would be the rooms. We checked in and were given a room that looked to be very outdated and old. We went back to the front desk and requested another room and they obliged , customer service at its best. They gave us a room in tower 4 that was decent (note: you wont spend any time in your room so its not that serious BUT a nice room helps)

This resort is awesome, the pools, the bars (especially the VIP:note you should wake up early like 8am to reserve your spot) the food is decent, not the best but not the worst...make sure you eat at some of the resturants those are awesome

now lets go to the best part of the resort which is the WORKERS..... the customer service and friendliness of the people who work there are awesome, EVERYONE goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Salami was one of the people we met while being out there and he is an awesome dude. you will know him when you see him lol.... he is a walking party. Great dude. The entire staff is awesome....I can NOT wait to go back later this year. Thank you DR and thank you Lifestyle for an awesome time!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple