After i booked my reservation i started reading horrible reviews. Just want to let everyone know it wasn't as bad as i read.
Lets just start off with i booked my own transportation to and from the airport.
Check in was a breeze as was check out.
The room yes it was a bit smelly but HELLO it is to be expected.
As for the food I can not begin to tell you how wonderful it was. My family and I went to Punta Cana last year and my youngest did not eat the last three days. Well have no fear, here at this resort i probally gained ten pounds. The food was that great.
As for the service, well it was above average. We asked we received.
As for the maids well there is a story to be told about that one. My husband and I were getting ready to go to the pool and I heard the knock and asked my husband if he heard it and of course he told me no. So i proceeded to get undress and start to walk in the bathroom and she was opening the door. I screamed and she shut the door and she apologized profusely. My husband than walked outside to tell her it was ok. My husband came back in and told me she was out there crying and that she was very upset. My husband tried to tell her it was ok but i think we scared her. Needless to say we left her a huge tip that day. But she done wonderful. No complaints!!
David at the swim-up bar and Carmen at the bar at the lobby was great.
Yes the timeshare people do nag you but we just tell them no thank you and keep walking.
As for excursions we done the ATV's and it was well worth it.
We will return and this time with children.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- Lifestyle Tropical
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.