“I had an enjoyable time here!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

You added The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Columbus Torre 1 | Playa Cofresi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Formerly Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Puerto Plata
“I had an enjoyable time here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This has been my third trip to the Dominican Republic and staying with Lifestyle. The accomadations are decent, considering value, when booking through cheapcaribbean; however, there is a difference when you aren't VIP. Options are limited but staff are still accomadating and friendly. This trip I was located on the Cofresi Palm side but I'll admit I enjoy the Tropical better. Our room was cleaned well and restocked daily. The food is decent at the restaurants and VIP beach areas but the buffet is okay. Our welcome parties on Sunday and Thursday were cancelled. That was a bummer because there wasn't a whole lot going on. The entertainment was great! John Cena gave a nice water aerobics class, Puchi Puchi and Tairi did good with the games and Lenny Kravitz... was my boo for the week. Lol. They were all fun hosts! I look forward to more good times with Tropical.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was my first summer there and I loved it there so much. The entertainers such as Jhon Cena , Tairie, Puchi Puchi, and Lenny Evavitz made my trip even more fun with there energetic personality .The food was delicious. There was alot of varities to chose from. I cant even explain how good the service was the waiters were so kind to us. They would do anything we ask them .
i just loved it there so much. The rooms were very beautiful, not mentioning the beaches and the pools that were absoultly gorgious. Once we had to leave i wanted to stay so bad. On our last day all the entertainers made us laugh alot and we said our farwells. I hope i can come back next summer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I spent a week in one of the Villa's and had an amazing time. There were fourteen of us in three separate villas. The restaurants and service was excellent. Fausto was an amazing server and extremely friendly to the entire group. We tried to find where he was working to get the great service. Luis Jose at the Crepe shack was also great. He knew exactly what we wanted after our first visit... we went everyday after that. The crepes were one of the best parts of the trip.

I will definitely plan another trip here, couldn't have been any better. My thanks to the entire staff of the resort for making it a great week. We were also able to celebrate a birthday, engagement, and one couple were honeymooners. What a celebration thanks to the resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had an amazing time at this resort. I stood at this resort in the middle of June (7 nights)and I was hesitant after reading alot of the negative reviews and came to the conclusion that some people will always complain no matter. Im sure if i thought about it i could find something to complain about but i was just too busy enjoying the resort and the ppl. The Vip Beach was great and its true in order to get a bed thats covered you would have to be there at 7:00 am but I never had a problem finding one by a palm tree that gave me just the amount of shade I wanted. You can order your food and drinks from this area. Mimosas was how I started my day. The food in the resort was great for breakfast lunch and dinner no complaints. I would recommend that you make your dinner reservations as soon as you check in otherwise you get stuck with the times and restaurants you are given. Absolutely loved the churrasqueria restaurant!! Would also recommend you bring an insulated cup, its very hot and the bartenders are glad to fill your cup. The shows are pretty good and entertainning but if you are a boring person you will be bored anywhere. The oysters and the conch meat on the beach was fantastic (sold by the locals). We enjoyed the excursions: 27 waterfalls, dune buggy, riding horseback riding with lunch (excellent food) and ziplining. The rooms were great no complaints, nothing fancy but everything in my room was working and having the balcony in the room was nice. My bf and I enjoyed the spa and had an hour and a half of heaven and then enjoyed the jaccuzzi there with a glass of wine. The nightclub ICE was fun its small but again its what you make of it. Remember to tip!!!! tip!!! Tip!!! People there at this resort go out of their way to please you and would do anything they can for you to enjoy your stay! The free wifi sucks but i didnt care i wanted to disconnect from my world anyhow. Its a dollar a min to call from the room so i just checked in with family a few times and i was fine with that.... The sunday welcome party is absolutely theeee best, had a great time> the food and entertainment was great!!! highly recommend it! This resort is Great for the Price !!! use american money no need to exchange!!! Banana boat on the beach is fun !! Enjoy your trip!!
*dont forget your waterproof camera

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tarrytown, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the Lifestyle for 8 nights. The first night we stayed at the Tropical section which rooms are without A/C. It was so hot, my son was nose bleeding, I went to the front desk and requested another room with AC but they said the A/C Unit wasn't working for the last 4 days and there was nothing they can do to help me. Next day I contacted Apple Vacation representative, he right away move us to the Crown Suite. It was beautiful!
My question is, if customer service, from lifestyle, knows there is no AC in some room why they make people suffer before giving them what they paid for???
IF YOU ARE GOING TRAVELING WITH YOUR CHILDREN, THIS IS NOT THE RESORT TO GO.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

When I booked this resort they told me they would have a shuttle come to the airport and pick us up. I called the resort 3 days before my arrival they told me they knew of no such thing and could not do it. We ended up paying one of their taxis $100 american dollars to take us to the resort. It was only a 25min. drive.
So many things was wrong about this resort it is too much to tell, but I will tell u this:
1) My sister ended up moving to a different room every night. Let me tell you why: out of three different rooms the a/c did not work, one room smelt like moled and mildew and the fifth one the key did not work so she was locked out at 1am for hours. She ended up sleeping in my room her last night there. She had no time to relax out of five days and did not get any good sleep.
2)One night I had no water in my room and could not wash my hands or take a shower.
3) When it was time to depart to the airport they wanted us to pay another $50 each. We spent most of our time down at the front desk complaining and not relaxing. Out of the six nights there I only relaxed one night and my sister none. I would not recommend this resort to anybody.

Room Tip: This is a huge resort , but at this particular one, "The Tropical" in most of the units th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Naugatuck, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just got back yesterday. My friend and I booked through cheapcaribbean.com. We stayed at the lifestyle tropical resort & spa. Basically you get what you pay for! The food SUCKED! Breakfast buffet was the best thing there...dont miss breakfast! Lunch was ok on some days dinner was TERRIBLE!!! SAM OLD CRAP EVERY DAY..We stayed in building 5 the AC was decent-- not unbearably hot but definitely could have been cooler... thankfully there was a ceiling fan. There is definitely not 27 bars as advertised. We actually went to the same little bar over at the Cofresi 3 nights in a row! There is one nightclub called ICE we didn't venture there but heard it was OK played good music and very crowded. The best time was the swim up bar right near our building. The party really is in the pool. We met a ton of people and had a great time drinking the bahamma mammas. The beach wasn't too good. Very rocky and I'm talking large rocks that you just keep banging into every time you try to walk. The water is definitely not crystal blue like youd see in mexico...DO NOT BOOK ANY EXCURSIONS THROUGH THE HOTEL! TOTAL RIPOFF! We did the paradise isalnd Excursion for $165 a person right after the guy hounded us to book because it was going to "sell out" Another couple told us the guys on the beach were offering similar trips for $50 a person! The trip was OK we did get to swim in the crystal blue water, but very long we left at 8 AM and didnt get back until 6 PM it was an hour bus ride just to get on the boat and an hour and a half bus ride back not too mention we had to stop at a rip off souvenier shop on the way home. I will say the food on that excursion was the best we ate all week!The locals on the beach are very nice we did tubing with them for $15 each they also have parasailing for $60 a person and banana boats...there was no jetskiing which was a bummer. Staff was excellent very friendly if you tip the bartenders they will take care of you. They only stocked the mini fridge the first day. The brugal rum is awesome! i bought a bottle to take home. All the shops are rip offs go see the huts on the beach for better deals. if your a smoker get your cigs at the airport but not the duty free shop theres actually a shop right behind it were they are even cheaper. I paid $93 for a 3 carton pack of marlboros at the duty free then saw the shop behind offering the same 3 pack for $85. So you can save a few bucks. Like i said you get what you pay for...for $790 a person it was a good trip but i would definitely pay more to stay somewhere nicer, this isnt a hotel i would stay at again. By the way we are 2 girls age 28 & 25

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends