I had an amazing time at this resort. I stood at this resort in the middle of June (7 nights)and I was hesitant after reading alot of the negative reviews and came to the conclusion that some people will always complain no matter. Im sure if i thought about it i could find something to complain about but i was just too busy enjoying the resort and the ppl. The Vip Beach was great and its true in order to get a bed thats covered you would have to be there at 7:00 am but I never had a problem finding one by a palm tree that gave me just the amount of shade I wanted. You can order your food and drinks from this area. Mimosas was how I started my day. The food in the resort was great for breakfast lunch and dinner no complaints. I would recommend that you make your dinner reservations as soon as you check in otherwise you get stuck with the times and restaurants you are given. Absolutely loved the churrasqueria restaurant!! Would also recommend you bring an insulated cup, its very hot and the bartenders are glad to fill your cup. The shows are pretty good and entertainning but if you are a boring person you will be bored anywhere. The oysters and the conch meat on the beach was fantastic (sold by the locals). We enjoyed the excursions: 27 waterfalls, dune buggy, riding horseback riding with lunch (excellent food) and ziplining. The rooms were great no complaints, nothing fancy but everything in my room was working and having the balcony in the room was nice. My bf and I enjoyed the spa and had an hour and a half of heaven and then enjoyed the jaccuzzi there with a glass of wine. The nightclub ICE was fun its small but again its what you make of it. Remember to tip!!!! tip!!! Tip!!! People there at this resort go out of their way to please you and would do anything they can for you to enjoy your stay! The free wifi sucks but i didnt care i wanted to disconnect from my world anyhow. Its a dollar a min to call from the room so i just checked in with family a few times and i was fine with that.... The sunday welcome party is absolutely theeee best, had a great time> the food and entertainment was great!!! highly recommend it! This resort is Great for the Price !!! use american money no need to exchange!!! Banana boat on the beach is fun !! Enjoy your trip!!
*dont forget your waterproof camera
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, HotelsClick, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach