“I honestly had the best time ever, amazing people, great staff, wish I could stay here forever.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

You added The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Columbus Torre 1 | Playa Cofresi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Formerly Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Puerto Plata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The staff was absolutely amazing. The resort is beautiful, everything is like a dream it is awesome here. The entertainment was amazing, the shows were fantastic and the pool entertainment and activities were great. The staff really gets you involved with everything. Johnny Bravo, Lenny Kravitz, Michael Jordan, John Ceba, Puchi Puchi, Tairis, and Caramelo are all truly amazing people who bring life to the resort and get everyone involved. ;)I honestly wish I could just stay here forever. The lifestyle resort is like another family

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed on the Tropical side of Lifestyle in early June. After reading a lot of reviews, we were a little skeptical. But what we found out for ourselves is that you get out of your vacation what you put into it. Of course you have your chronic complainers that find fault in everything but we found the something positive in everything. Our entire family had the time of our lives. The resort was so big that we didn't get a chance to see everything.The buffet was good. We always could find something that we liked. Carmen the smoothie lady was great and entertaining. The staff really make the resort what it is. Their entertainment is second to none. Don't miss the Sunday Night Welcome Party and the Thursday Night Foam Party. They are amazing. Also make it a point to go to morning aerobics with John Cena and Lenny Cravitz. Those two guys will make your day everyday. The other outstanding animation staff include Puchi, Tairies, Junior, and Michael Jordan. We loved our vacation so much that we bought in so we will be back at least once a year if not more. Big ups to Juan Carlos, Leo, and Louis in the VIP area. We are recommending Lifestyle to everyone we know. Thanks Lifestyle for making our vacation great.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at the shows. Very entertaining and the staff are very down to earth. Caramelo, cool guy. He will make you laugh and make share your booty!! And also Puchi, John cena, Lenny Kravitz, Johnny Bravo y la baby

• Stayed July 2013
Garfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

7 day vacation was amazing! Special thanks to Jonny Bravo, John Cena, Puchi and Caramelo for great entertainment! We loved every second of it! :) Great value for great price, it was worth every penny.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed myself so much. Me and my family stayed at the Confresi Palm, the workers there were so friendly and helpful. The food was awesome, the drinks were great. I especially enjoyed the welcoming party I will remember that forever.... I will be looking forward to making many more trips to Dominican Republic, it's a beautiful place... See you soon :-)

• Stayed June 2013
Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am very disappointed with my six day vacation to the Lifestyle Tropical Beach resort and spa in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. Upon arriving to the resort, our rooms were not ready for over an hour, even after getting lunch and coming back, the rooms were still not ready. We were finally able to check into our rooms, we noticed a very strong odor of mildew, felt the dampness in the room and realized there were no washcloths. We immediately went to the front desk and asked to change rooms. We were moved to another room but were forced to share a bed since the front desk staff said there weren't any other double bed suites available. Throughout the six days our new room, felt damp, our sheets were damp as well as the noticeable smell of mildew in the new room. The air conditioning was not working to its full capacity, we had to pay for channels on an dilapidated tv. The room could also use a screen door so that we can get a breeze from the ocean. We chose not to move again but were already very disappointed. Second, we chose this resort because of the advertisement of several restaurants. Upon checking in, we were given two reservations. One for Asian and the other Indian Cuisine. The Indian was delicious but the Asian was subpar. We left the Asian restaurant shortly after receiving our entrees because we were displeased. For the rest of the vacation we were forced to eat at the buffet style Casablanca for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. After day three, we grew tiresome of this restaurant and its food. Each day we would approach guest services hoping to gain access to the other restaurants during our stay and we were informed they were either closed for the remainder of the week (Rodizio) or were booked solid (El Pilon). I encountered a young lady named Joanna in guest services which was extremely rude. When I asked here about a particular restaurant and it being open at that time, she told me I was wrong. I asked her to go with me to see the board where they advertised events and restaurant info, she stated she couldn't leave the office. I then bought the paper to her which she proceeded to snatch out of my hand. Joanna even told me that El Pilon was only open during "high season" which I was later informed by the manager Lucy that was untrue. After venting my frustration, Lucy reserved a table for us at El Pilon that evening, the restaurant was not booked solid, the entire time we sat for dinner. I spoke to Jonathan who works for cheap caribbean at the resort and expressed my frustration of not being able to eat at the restaurants we would like, despite our efforts of trying to book reservations every day between 10-12.
We only had access to one beach (VIP) and literally had to wait on line in order to get a cabana. The "free wifi" that is advertised online works horribly and is extremely slow. I had to pay for the wifi service which then did not give me access throughout the resort but only in my room. I felt every aspect of this vacation someone else was trying to make additional money off of my stay.
I would not recommend this resort to any of my friends or family, actually not even to my worse enemy. To be tricked into a "welcome tour" that turns into a pitch for a timeshare, I felt was unfair. To show me all that I could get if I spend thousands and thousands more dollars as if I hadn't already spent enough only to stay in the Tropical resort with mildewed rooms, horrible water pressure and damp sheets, is just distasteful. I feel it is unfair to advertise all the amenities of the resort, when we had to beg for simple things as washcloths. I will never stay at this resort again. I look forward to receiving a reply to my concerns.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a blast at this resort! We spent most of our time by the pool area and we are sad that we met "john Cena" on our last day. He was the best! Kept a smile on our faces and kept us entertained throughout the day and night! Very personable and great to talk too. All of the entertainment staff was great. Horse back riding deal from the hotel (from John Wayne) is a good deal too. Miguel, our guide was just as great! We need a "John Cena" in Charlotte!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
managementteam55, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa as the hotel to enjoy your vacation. We are very glad to read that you had a great vacation and we will congratulate John Cena and John Wayne about your nice comments regarding them.

We hope to see you back soon in our lovely hotel.

Best regards,