I went with a group of 9 people total with 4 separate rooms. We booked through a travel website, which could be the difference with our experience and others. The rooms were...terrible...then we got used to them. Honestly, we didn't spend any time in the rooms but the A/C did not work in ANY of the rooms (per staff the entire resort was out), the bathrooms were tiny and unremarkable. We stayed at Tropical; the buffet was honestly nasty. 'All Inclusive" was everything but...they should have marketed it as 'included buffet and bar drinks.' We were limited with the amount of drinks in our fridge, including bottled water and were not allowed to make other dinner reservations. The '24 hr swim up bar' closed at 5pm, however, after some convincing the staff they kept it open for us.
The majority of the staff were super friendly. Despite the inflexibility of the resort, the staff did their best to keep everyone having a good time! Yes, the drinks were watered down- buy some rum/tequila at the duty free and add your own or ask for extra in your drink. Never a problem. Try the mamajuana, the local drink there.
We found out that we could go to Cofresi, just a bit down the beach. That buffet was really good, the staff even friendlier and the pools better. The club there, ICE, was cool too. If you go to Lifestyle I would suggest staying at Cofresi and not Tropical. The entertainment is awesome though, especially the foam party and VIP welcome party (per my friends, I did not make it :( Not sure I would go here again, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach