“$25 per person cheap Caribbean amazing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

You added The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort to your Saves list
The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Columbus Torre 1 | Playa Cofresi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Formerly Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Jamesburg, New Jersey
“$25 per person cheap Caribbean amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Booked through cheap Caribbean for $25 per person per night. Everything was flawless. Look for this special and you can't go wrong.. Place was large and nice. Room was fine. Spend extra $3 per day for safe. El Presidenta beer will flow. Drinks were fine. Atlantic beach. Food not good but at $25 per who cares. Transfers were flawless. You can't afford to stay home. Lots of pools. Bring stack of dollars for tips.

Room Tip: Book through cheap Caribbean when they are running big specials.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
Mckinney, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The good:
Beach
Pools
Enough shade, no need to play towel games.
Food, reasonable , you don't go hungry,

The bad:
Old hotel, but not the end of the world.

One thing that could ruin your vocation is that for the 7 days I stayed, I did not even once had hot/warm shower.
I will be checking out today from room 1205 , waiting to get home and have a proper shower.

In the first day, I went to the lobby to complain, they sent me with the bellboy to check if there is an available room that has warm water, needless to say, we looked at 5 rooms, all of them had cold waters, they tell you that they send the service man, these guys know there isnt hot water, even 100 service man cannot get you hot water in the taps, that the hotel knows do not work.
the reception people look very surprised that there isn't any hot water,,,,,,, however in the week I spent there, we heard this from so many people, we heard so many people complaining to the front desk

If it wasn't for the hot water, I would really believe that it was a good vocation for the price I paid.

I will be checking out today, hot shower tonight, Yesssss.

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

as you have read, this is NOT a perfect nor luxurious resort. The food program was our least favorite part of the trip, BUT, the location and the staff are excellent. We had no problem with our room, but we did meet some people that lost power and had toilet issues. We did not get sick, but we did meet people that did. We did not use the water to brush our teeth and we did not eat lettuce, tomato, or anything potentially rinsed in water. It was one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever had!! We would go back again, such a great deal for the price!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
managementteam55, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Lifestyle Tropical Beach and Spa Resort. It is of great importance to know our guests experience in order to improve our services.
We are happy to hear that you had a relaxed time in our resort and of course your comments are taken very seriously, we will use it to improve our product.

It would be a pleasure to host you again in the future.

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I loved the resort. The only complaint I have is that our room didn't have any hot water the entire week we were there. The food was hit or miss. Sometimes it was great and sometimes it was mediocre at best. The food at Johnnys International was great. I thought that John Cena, Michael Angelo, Johnny Bravo and Lenny Kravitz(and the rest of the entertainment staff) were all great. They were so friendly and made the stay at the resort fun. I feel so bad because many people forget or dont know that they can tip them as well. The VIP/OceanWorld party on Thursday was wild. I loved it! We also did the VIP snorkeling trip to paradise island. It was well worth the money. The boat staff was great and very attentive. Lunch on the beach that day was also great. Paradise Island was gorgeous. If you come to the resort, I highly recommend that excursion. I would definately return to this resort!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa. We appreciate your comments and suggestions regarding your stay with us.
We are glad to know that our staff and services were up to your expectations. I will forward your review especially to our entertainment staff.

Best regards,

Coatesville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I just came back a few days ago from Life Style, Tropical hotel. I read many negative reviews, and glad I went anyway!! I booked through cheap caribbean and the price I paid was a great deal! I was not expecting top 5 star type of food. The food was good, not the best food I've ever eaten, but the money I paid, it was good enough for me. I had the yellow wrist band, but still had access to a lot different properties at the resort. The Sunday welcome party was amazing!! The food was yummy and wish I had room for more food. Just sad to think they probably throw away the food, when there is such many poor people outside the resort. The music, the show was great! I went with a group, and no one got sick from the Sunday welcome party food.

If you want a bed in the vip beach get there early or wait till after 3pm, when people start to leave. You can also try the good hand shake with some money to get a bed. The beach is ok, and I rather go to Sosua for the beach.

Pilon at Cofresi is my favorite place for breakfast, besides the buffet at cofresi. The pool at cofresi is nice and relaxing. Presidential Suites has a nice pool also and free wifi. I can't forget about my friend John Cena at Tropical aka mr. sexy aerobics!! lol. Even the men would stop and watch him at Tropical pool. He is a great dancer and fun to be around.

We became friends with some locals, and met a nice guy who was able to take out us to Sosua beach, and around Puerto Plata. He has a jeepeta(jeep) and we basically just filled up his tank, and tipped him. He knows the area, and is much better than using a taxi. Send me a private message and I will glady share his information. If you want the true Dominican experience, my suggestion go outside of the resort and venture out.

The night life at the resort is ok. I only went to Ice the club about 3 times. They play a mixture of music. I found Pure nightclub to be the best for dancing. There was locals and tourist there, so a nice mixture.

I def plan on returning, but this time might book through a owner for the golden wrist band. It's worth spending a little bit more, so I can experience everything at the resort. I wanted those crepes and the ice cream at one of the vip beaches!! lol

This resort is great for all ages!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa. We would like to thank you for your kind comments. Your feedback will provide motivation and confidence to keep working to satisfy our customers and improve our service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again and continue providing the most unforgettable experiences.

Best regards,

Woburn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was nervous because of all the bad reviews but this place was AWESOME! Beautiful, clean property. All of the staff are great, especially Jhony Bravo at the Tropical Hotel. He went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and show us the Dominican culture we were looking for. There are tons of things to do (that is, if you get sick of laying on the gorgeous beaches). Highly recommend going horseback riding. Multiple beaches, a bunch of pools, and more bars & restaurants than we could get to in 8 days. There were two resort-wide parties while we were there - the VIP Party and the Welcome Party - both were very fun and had impressive entertainment. They definitely exceeded our expectations. The food wasn't awesome but the buffets were open until 5am if you were looking for a midnight snack. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: "Level One" rooms are still a great room. Our A/C worked great. One king size bed, water...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write this comment, expressing how much fun you had at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach & Spa resort.
We are really happy that you liked our facilities and we will congratulate Johnny Bravo for providing a great hospitality.

We hope to see you back soon in our lovely hotel.

The management,
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were planning a trip to celebrate my sisters birthday. Upon arrival we waited until 430p to get what we thought would be our room. After switching five times and never getting apology from any of the front desk staff. We were told they upgraded us to a Junior Suite. Which had no a/c, a king size bed( there was 3 of us) and no shower/water from 4-6p. We gave up calling the front desk after the 3rd day since no one seem to care. I do have to say the drinks were great & so was the pool staff Lenny, John & Puchi were great! Thanks for the experience but it would not be a place I would recommend to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are really sorry that we did not meet your expectations, anyhow we appreciate that you took your time to write this review.

Your comments are taken very seriously, we will use it to improve our product and we apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectations.