We stayed Jan. 21 to Jan. 26th. and had a great time. Room was in 3rd building, very quiet. Grounds are well kept, pools are clean, facilities - even the pool side bathrooms - very well kept. Buffet was good, typical foods included pasta bar, pizza, chicken, pork, lamb, seafood. Not a lot of beef, but good local dishes too, plenty of fresh fruit and seafood, and if you can't find something to eat, you must be a very picky eater because every day there had to be at least 20 different dishes to choose from, plus local stuff like rice and beans, and wonderful passion fruits! And ice cream at lunch every day.
The shower is a little funny, no curtain or anything, so if you run the water full blast you will have a flood, but if you only run it half blast you will be fine. Seemed to be more hot water later in the day then 1st thing in the morning.
When we got to our room, the TV was not working and there was no beer in the fridge, we had to call the front desk twice but within a half hour or so it was handled.
When you get to the airport, pay the porter the $3 he wants and you will breeze through the airport and he will bring you right to the Cheap Carribean desk. On the way to the resort, the guide told us not to drink stuff with coconut milk in it because milk, plus booze and sun = sick. The wine is not all that good and they will tell you so; not a lot of grapes in DR, so they make it out of apples and all kinds of other stuff, though the beer is excellent.
Beach? Clean and well kept. Bars? Stocked and friendly. Food? Pretty good. Staff? Awesome.
On a side note; the 2nd day we were there, my bf got sick because he had surgery a few days before, and developed a reaction to the latex they used on him; his entire face was swollen so bad his eye was shut closed. I went to the lobby, right away they brought us to the clinic, the doctor pumped him full of anti-swelling stuff and anti-biotics and they saved our vacation.
Go, you will have a great time plus the VIP beach is very nice but the regular beach is where we spent most of our time, more shade and you are a lot closer to the water.
Marie B and Chris R
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach