...We arrived on the 23rd of April for an 8 day stay....
The Rui Bachata is one of three resorts with the Bachata being the top level of the three. We enjoyed most of our time at the Bachata at the swim up bar,which was excellent on weekdays,very overcrowded with locals on weekends (from noon on Saturday). The pool turned into a day care and this did create a bit of tension for vacationers...no worries here as we opted for the beach for the next 48 hours which proved to be a great choice with a beautiful view, if you are planning any excursions definitely do them on Sat or Sun, we didn't do any on this trip. Plenty of available loungers on the beach for sun or shade but we do strongly recommend swim shoes.
This is our 4th trip south,always to a 4 or 5 star resort and found the food at the Bachata to be the best yet. There are two ala cartes, Steak and Italian... we did the steak night twice and were more than happy with the meal and service. These never seem to be sold out or over booked as the food in the main kitchen is so good I'm sure many just eat all their meals there. As for the drinks....... all done well and always with a smile. The entertainment was typical resort style and it's always amazes me that these guys have been running since the early morning hours. There was a board posted for daily activities just outside the swim up bar, check it out and get registered....
We stayed in Bldg 500 which is in a perfect location..... the beds did leave a bit to be desired but are not a deal breaker. The room was very clean and in good condition. We were only minutes from the swim up bar,pools, food and beach...yet far enough away from any noise.... a great location (picture included)! We had a chance to meet some very nice people and share a few drinks and laughs, a big hello to Claude and Muriel from Quebec and Steve and Theresa from P.E.I.
All in all, a great vacation at a great price ($1,600.14) total w/taxes! We'd recommend this resort without hesitation, prepare for the weekends, bring your water shoes and enjoy the sun!
Bryan & Shannon.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Otel, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.